Page 57 of 248 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 4953

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Leo´s Settlements (UPDATE) - Azanulimbar Dum

Another great settlement! I see you took some inspiration from the Hobbit movie. It looks beautiful! Looking forward to see more screenies! By the way, why dont you use this same texture of the mountain of azanulimbar in goblintown? It looks very good. Could you add the same fancy entrances to Erebor, pls? Since Erebor is the dwarves capital it could use a little bit more details.

What can I say, thete is no words to describe this beauty

Very good!

I question, can you do something with Cair Andros? That settlements so very very bad, to little island IMO. Since the AI always runs away to "higher ground" when you attack them this settlements becomes a nightmare for the AI. 500 Militia archers can easily take out a full stack Mordor/Harad army because the AI army gets stuck at the edge of the island when they try to run away and just form a BIG circle at the edge. Even when you are attacking them with your archers they just runs around in that compact circle formation while the army gets reduced by hundreds by the minute. If yo should run out of arrows, just wait the battle out (if you have 60 min limit on battles) and do it all over next turn (as the AI will not attack you anyway in my experiance)

This is very annoying, so annoying that I dont want to have Cair Andros. Cair Andros is a very important crossing for either gondor or mordor and it should be "better" place to fight battles.
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; February 24, 2013 at 03:00 AM.

Leo, you are truly justified to call this your masterpiece! It fits to the dwarves more than any other settlement I've seen yet
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

As a big fan of your work: Yes, that's your masterpice! Congratulation to this great settlement.

I have three questions. Could you now include your settlements with the help of Emperor of Hell and Ngugi?
    Would you only include it in DaC? (I would really like to see this in MOS, too)
    Did you get the unfinished work from DevilsAdvocate for Barad-dur and Bree?

For the love of gold eh god and all that is fare in the world these settlements need to be available to the playerbase as of yesterday! Let us all pray for good tidings in this regard. Fabulous work Leo! Simply amazing.

Muuuu

Just... Amazing ! How Erebor should have been...
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Hi guys, thanks you all.

For now Im not going to work in anything new.
    I still hope to have some help from KingKong so I will wait more time. If he is really gone forever or if he rejects my settlements when he comes back then I will try to finish everything by myself, by learning somethings about the engine...

For now, I will start talks with these guys who knwo how to implement them so we can have some of them right now. Like Dunharrow, cirith ungol and carn dum.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

He's in now and then, so he's not gone- he just do not currently reply (awaiting an OK for DCI: Last Alliance myself for example)
    We'll have to wait and hope for the best soon

Promised Arandir give him my notes on the implementation matter, I'll have them to you as well when I have it transcribed

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Azanulimbar-Dûm is really great, well done.

I think you shouldn't wait an answer from King Kong. We are all waiting for almost one year, and he doesn't answer MPs. Since some people here seems to know how to implemente the cities ingame, the best thing would be to release them as a submod, right ?

If King Kong come back and want to add them into vanilla TATW, it would be still the good time .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    I think you shouldn't wait an answer from King Kong. .
    Couldn't agree more. Worse thing is that he dont approve them (for some reason) and you will have to remove them (but a this time they will be floating around on the internet )
    Last edited by SandraDevilGirl; February 24, 2013 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SandraDevilGirl View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Worse thing is that he dont approve them and you will need to remove them (but it will still be floating around on the internet
    Ähhm... Yes! Totally agree. I'm sure that KK is really busy in real life, and thats so much more important that any game. But i couldn't understand and never will why he couldn't answer some small questions (during one year) from so talanted modders. So, why you shouldn't release a submod for all versions of TA 3.2?

He naturally can share those who require KK's permission first, but threads and links will be removed from TWC and Leo will be banned*, just to be clear.

EDIT: *Should add that only so if he fight orders to remove links and tries to share the works again still without permissions, it's not something that happends directly
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

is there a point when a modder is considered gone? and then extra stuff can be released for his mod without permission. Just asking because im not sure on the whole issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    He naturally can share those who require KK's permission first, but threads and links will be removed from TWC and Leo will be banned, just to be clear.
    Yes, but I assume it means only Dol Amroth, his version of Rivendell and Osgiliath. The others don't use TATW vanilla stuff, right ?

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

i think Ngugi means Leo can share the stuff he has done that requires KK's permission but he will be banned for it

also i think you need permission in order to release changes to the vanilla not just if you used vanilla files (not sure on that one)

He naturally can share those who require KK's permission first, but threads and links will be removed from TWC and Leo will be banned, just to be clear.
    Ok, I'm understand the rules of modding and the rules of the TWC, of course. But if KK is against the adding of those settlements, why he never told this? I'm sure he's looking sometimes at the forum. And he was online here a few days ago.

And KK give Leo the permission to add some settlements and use them for TA 3.2. Should he really give his permission for every single settlement again?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Yes, but I assume it means only Dol Amroth, his version of Rivendell and Osgiliath. The others don't use TATW vanilla stuff, right ?
    Anything doen by a modder himsel/herself is free to publish
    If the work contain another modders work it require permission to publish

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    is there a point when a modder is considered gone? and then extra stuff can be released for his mod without permission. Just asking because im not sure on the whole issue
    Irrelevant of two reasons. First there's no such rule as if a modder been gone for a certain amount of time (perhaps beside the ca 70 years that apply to most copyright IIRC?) his/hers work becomes public domain, that requires stated permission form the creator to make it a free resource.
    Secondly KK is not gone, he was in a few days ago or so, he do just not give permissions atm.

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    i think Ngugi means Leo can share the stuff he has done that requires KK's permission but he will be banned for it

also i think you need permission in order to release changes to the vanilla not just if you used vanilla files (not sure on that one)
    Looking at answer to Nelduin there's two solutions to this;
    1) One have to look into weither KK require permission for modders to share edited .txt-files (do not remember weither he has stated a liberal policy on this of old) and if No there is no issue
    2) If KK has not stated such a policy then a manual installation can be given in the OP that enable users to DL leo's settlements and include them themselves by some easy edits
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 24, 2013 at 09:21 AM.

Secondly KK is not gone, he was in a few days ago or so, he do just not give permissions atm.
    question wasn't modder specific was just curious about the rules here

Okay so, I'm kinda confused. Which one of these are actually playable/downloadable? None I take it? All of these look amazing and it would be a shame if they weren't implemented.

Also, hi I'm Pilgore