Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Senator

Default Re: Unofficial patch [RELEASED!]

ah, yes, I have noticed that trolls can be given the Run_Amok Trait. Food for thought Leo.

I like the new Esgaroth .

Great stuff! So how do these dwarven catapults work?
    Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.

Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.

The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamar View Post
    Great stuff! So how do these dwarven catapults work?
    They work perfectly like vanilla.

3 shot types, each one with a proper button and totally functional.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'd like a screenshot or two of them at work! I want to see effects!

the screenshots are on the preview since I announced them.

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah, but I can't see the effect it has on enemy? How many orcs does a single grapeshot kill? How crispy is an orc hit by mortar shot?

BTW: Would you (please!) consider removing "cow carcasses" projectiles from Gondor Trebuchet and adding it to Mordor Troll Catapult? It would be more lore accurate, as during siege of MT Witch King's siege engines shot Osgliath's defenders' remains over the walls. On the other hand, I doubt that carcasses would have an effect on orcs morale, besides, noble gondorians wouldn't adhere to such lowly means of defeating enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    Yeah, but I can't see the effect it has on enemy? How many orcs does a single grapeshot kill? How crispy is an orc hit by mortar shot?

BTW: Would you (please!) consider removing "cow carcasses" projectiles from Gondor Trebuchet and adding it to Mordor Troll Catapult? It would be more lore accurate, as during siege of MT Witch King's siege engines shot Osgliath's defenders' remains over the walls. On the other hand, I doubt that carcasses would have an effect on orcs morale, besides, noble gondorians wouldn't adhere to such lowly means of defeating enemy.

Did you read the changelog for 4.0 before you post?

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

You know what would be cool:

TATW could really use some custom buildings for its generic northern towns/cities/castles. Preferably things that look a but more... middle earthy. It always feels weird storming a Rohirrim, Rhudaur, Rohavion, or Dunlanding town only to find a generic English village.

Default Re: Unofficial patch [PERMISSION FOR GONDORIAN AND ELVEN SETTLEMENTS RELEASE RECEIVED!]

Its over guys.

Generic elven and gondorian settlements will be released, I got permission and I can now finally die in peace.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; December 04, 2013 at 12:24 AM.

Senator

Default Re: Unofficial patch [PERMISSION FOR GONDORIAN AND ELVEN SETTLEMENTS RELEASE RECEIVED!]

OOOH,

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY. JOYOUS DAY.

Grats Leo and everyone

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

There is a god after all!! Yeah!!!

Skald's Avatar Decanus

One word: AAAAAWWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSSOOOOOMMMMEEEEEE!

YES!!!

I had abandoned hope awhile ago, until recently when you gave news about the matter being discussed. I'm really glad that my typical pessimism was proved wrong today.

Yes, guys thats really nice.

Decided to change the Isengard catapult again, See the changelog. I think it is the only way to make the AI use the new feature properly.

great news, congrats!

This great news, cant wait to DL it. Bravo

Hip hip hooray