Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: Unofficial patch [RELEASED!]

My vote would be to remove them.

I agree with Veteraan, they often will get in the way of a manoeuvre or a command and many times, in the death video, you can't even see who has been killed. You just get an extreme close up of your own men or your enemies.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

let me explain it better...

Im removing the camera shakes for siege weapon hits also for tower/walls collapsing. (It seems everyone agreed they are annoying).

The socond point is about removing the camera focus. I dont want to remove the general die one, but just the one for when gates and walls collapse, but Im afraid I cannot remove them separately, its either both or nothing. Anyway, this isnt even modding, its just about opening the .cfg file and change 0 to 1.

If I could not find a way to remove the camera only for walls/gates and keep them for general die, then I will just keep them both like it is now and eveyone can do whatever want.

Anyway glad to see you guys also dislike the camera shakes, I dont feel guilty now.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    thats right, erebor itself loads the new map just fine, but dale is definitely old erebor.

Thanks for this. You was right, I found the issue and its fixed now. thanks a lot!
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; November 21, 2013 at 10:56 AM.

so it is decided. removed all camera shakes and also the cameras for denerals dying and walls/gates collapsing.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Sounds good to me! I really dislike the general-death videos as they sometimes prevent me from giving crucial orders, especially when I'm fast-forwarding. Looking forward to it!

Also, just a question: what parts of the Gondor/Elven cities do you need KK's permission for? I ask because if you just need someone to do the 3D modeling I could probably whip up replicas for you to use.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralThrawn View Post
    Sounds good to me! I really dislike the general-death videos as they sometimes prevent me from giving crucial orders, especially when I'm fast-forwarding. Looking forward to it!

Also, just a question: what parts of the Gondor/Elven cities do you need KK's permission for? I ask because if you just need someone to do the 3D modeling I could probably whip up replicas for you to use.
    well mate, replicas? KingKong personally told me it took 4 months to make the buildings/textures of osgiliath.

The entire thing makes no sense, I mean, all that restrictions about releasing a submod like that but...

This matter is actually beeing discussed by the oracles of these forums and there is a chance that they will allow me to release. Dont loose the hope.

Sounds good, thanks! We're rooting for ya .

Senator

Then the precious will be ours

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I hope they allow the release. The main reason I think why they should allow it, is that I believe KK wouldnt object to that cause he already allowed you to work with some of his creations and you also helped him a lot in the developement of the mod. Not to mention you are being faithful to KK's designs and basically keeping his buildings intact.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post

This matter is actually beeing discussed by the oracles of these forums and there is a chance that they will allow me to release. Dont loose the hope.
    Yes, I have been following that discussion from the beginning. Interesting and highly amusing at the same time. Not even 500 views thus far though.
    I have never seen so many accumulated posts of "the power wielding people" as in that thread.
    The few off topic posts that made it into that discussion certainly were removed fast as lightning!

That discussion has been moved to a secret HEX forum, they will probably soon send their decision to leo. Until that happens, leo is stil operating under TWC rules.

Voting for ya leo, good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Good news. Hopefully the positive results of voting interests.

Join me guys. They are certainly watching this thread.. lets make the earth shake so they can hear our voices.

Senator

Can different factions with same culture have different buildings and/or cities? I am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    Can different factions with same culture have different buildings and/or cities? I am curious.

yes.

Senator

ooh, this gives me Ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post

Join me guys. They are certainly watching this thread.. lets make the earth shake so they can hear our voices.

In the name of all Open-Source Modding let us batter down the barriers to progress and sweet custom settlements!

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

One of the most important part of TATW modding is custom settlements. So oracles must allow leo release his mod with all features! I'm with you, leo
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; November 24, 2013 at 05:40 AM.

We are ALL at your side Leo! BTW, would be nice to have a democratic vote on that ..

Yes Leo I'm rooting for you all the way ! Mods like this will be able to grow so much more once the chains restricting them are taken off! I love KK for all his work but its time we take this mod to the next step and i think this sub mod is a big part of that step.

Just a thought though Leo, I'm not sure how i feel about your new unit cards for 4.0 ? I kinda like being able to see a troll when i have one, rather then a helmet and a club, and same goes for all other units. I just feel seeing the unit in my army is a big part of the immersion. If im playing as the dwarves i like seeing dwarves at the bottom of my screen rather then equipment i feel like that gives each faction part of its unique flavor.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Pollster33 View Post
    Yes Leo I'm rooting for you all the way ! Mods like this will be able to grow so much more once the chains restricting them are taken off! I love KK for all his work but its time we take this mod to the next step and i think this sub mod is a big part of that step.

Just a thought though Leo, I'm not sure how i feel about your new unit cards for 4.0 ? I kinda like being able to see a troll when i have one, rather then a helmet and a club, and same goes for all other units. I just feel seeing the unit in my army is a big part of the immersion. If im playing as the dwarves i like seeing dwarves at the bottom of my screen rather then equipment i feel like that gives each faction part of its unique flavor.

Does anyone else have an opinion on this or is it just me?
    Other people said the same. I will mind about this. Such a small point anyway.