Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: 4.6 Alternative patch (NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MOS OR DAC)

This is a job for... Jox25!!!

Don't mock our best modder

Im not right about what Im feelling right now, I prefeer to say nothing.

enjoyed the game ??

at least we kept our sense of humor:

http://f5.folha.uol.com.br/humanos/2...-sociais.shtml

thats great

Quote Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
    You said that turn times were far too long, which is a product of having many scripts running. Then, you suggested another script, which would increase turn time. Have you ever played excellent mods before, or are you fresh from vanilla M2TW? The turn times are going to be long, that is the price of excellence. You can either have zero scripts and short turns or lots of scripts and long turns, not both many scripts and short turns.
    This is untrue, it matters HOW you write the scripts just as much as it does how many there are. You can have tons of scripts as long as you optimize them so they only get checked when needed and not the beginning and/or end of every turn. Also there are other things like simply replacing all the "not" with "!" so the game can processes them faster. And don't forget using "if" to make one script do many things instead of making a bunch of different individual scripts. And... so much more, too much to list.

Edit: Bear Cavalry; http://api.ning.com/files/K-XUvcAylb...737&height=589
    Last edited by alreadyded; July 08, 2014 at 10:46 PM.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

@Leo - Just came across this.. http://sadbrazilians.tumblr.com/

Sorry I saw Kenya snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for qualifying in the 2015 rugby world cup at the weekend. So know how you feel.

Kenya needed to lose by 7 points or less to ensure victory of the group but came in 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post

Sorry I saw Kenya snatch defeat from the jaws of victory for qualifying in the 2015 rugby world cup at the weekend. So know how you feel.

Kenya needed to lose by 7 points or less to ensure victory of the group but came in 3rd.
    Someone Rep this guy

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post

Oh my God wilddog I spent almost 4 years of jokes trying to pluck a smile from you with useless jokes and no sucees, now you come here to laugh on my disgrace?

I will describe to you guys what was the sensation during the match and how is it feelling right now down here, but not now, later.

Wait for me. Its a moment of national tragedy.

Heptagenia's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Oh my God wilddog I spent almost 4 years of jokes trying to pluck a smile from you with useless jokes and no sucees, now you come here to laugh on my disgrace?

I will describe to you guys what was the sensation during the match and how is it feelling right now down here, but not now, later.

Wait for me. Its a moment of national tragedy.
    It is a moment of global tragedy for football at all, and even Germans would agree it i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Heptagenia View Post
    It is a moment of global tragedy for football at all, and even Germans would agree it i think.
    Well... noone expected such humiliating defeat, I still could not believe my eyes when first halftime was over.
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; July 09, 2014 at 11:39 AM.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Its a moment of national tragedy.
    Don't give up to desperation, people. Anyone could have fallen to this Germany, at least you were spared things like this:

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Quote Originally Posted by Heptagenia View Post
    as a german, i missed the complete game, but it sounds boring as hell too...
    don´t make players to millionaires and "heroes" for a hole nation - they are high prized modern gladiators that foul the public interest with secondary problems. the real global tragedy is our forced fiatmoney system
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; July 09, 2014 at 02:29 PM.

So just some quick words about footbal and brazilian general culture. (before moderators come here to say: back to the topic please).

Yes, at the 20 minutes or so when the goals in row started, we could not belive it, I was with my family and everyone just got mute and looking at each other but we could read in our eyes what everyone was thinking wich was basically: - WTF IS HAPPENING?!?!?!

It was like a dream, we could not belive GOAL, GOAL, GOAL... we could not even get if it was new goals or just replays.

Then a REALLY BAD MOOD felt on the ambient, a strange sadness mixed with revolt but revolt against what? against who? We dont even knew wtf was happening so everyone started making strange commentaries and analysis about it but deep in our hearts we were totally destroyed.

After the 5 goal we realized that it was not a fight but a massacre and humiliation.

We knew germany, loosing against them is no shame, but 7x1 was terrible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, after all the crying and despair we got back to ourselves and started really analysing it properly.

For me, the game was 3x1. The 4 gows in a row were not "valid" in therms of merit, I mean, germany was alone in the field, there was no Brazil, it was like CTD, a Windows Blue screen, a bug on the system, the team simply STOPPED working, the system turned off. Poor Julio Cesar could not even stand again and the bal was already going inside the goal again. SURREAL.

No one did it to Brazil before and Germany never did it to anyone so what really happened? Totally atipical, the result of this match does not match reality.

Dont get me as a bad looser, Germany is far better and they deserved the win, but they are so better that 7x1 is fair? No way, as I said, for me the game was 3x1. (BTW: I knew we would not win I had a bad feelling about this game one day before).

The result was an aberration, and does not matches reality.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now comes the funny part, at the second half we started laughing a lot. (a nervous, hysterical laughing, in a mix of depair, revolst and confusion, but still laughs)

People on my street got fireworks to celebrate brazilian goals but as there was none they started firing it at the german ones HAHAHA. Every new german goal you heard POW POW POW!!! haha.

Some people started shouting outside things like:

- SOMEONE GO TURN THE STADIUM LIGHTS OFF!!!
    - CANCEL THE CUP!
    - GO GERMANY GO GO GO! ONE MORE!

Then there came a wave of funny things brazilians started posting on facebook, I took some of the best for you guys:
    DEFEAT MEMES GERMANY 7 X 1 BRAZIL

"I see german goals"
    "how often?"
    "All the time"

"going to germany" (free translation) This one is because there is a famous quoting in brazil that says: - God is brazilian.

"Report: Fuleco is dead"

"I though it was a replay, but it was another german goal" This guy is a famous singer in Brazil.

"The circus is over, GONE"

She is a famous brazilian actrees and this scene was from a novel where she steals a baby, People posted it in facebook saying "PLAN B". This one is particullary hillarious due to her expression.

"If we are going to loose then it will be a guiness record!" (free translation)

"Not even Wolkswagen company can make 5 goals in 30 minutes" - Goal is the name of this car here in Brazil.

"Look it, I did one more goal"

Yes yes yes... laughing at ourselves is a signal of maturity but no we did not like it and yes, there is a bad mood in Brazil right now.

BTW1: Like in many other countries, there is brazilians who dont give a damn about football, I actually never watch it except world cup or impportant matches. Yes, there is the idiotic fanatics but the majority of our people is also aware about millionary wages for players and all the alienation football can bring.

BTW2: WE AREN'T OUT OF THE CUP. We will still fight for third place against netherlands or argentina (depending on who wins).

Now as you might know we have a brutal rivality with argentinians so Argentina winning a world cup in Brazil would be a disarter worst than the 7x1, Netherlands must defeat them so we can defeat them again disputing third place.

GO NETHERLANDS GOGOGO!

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    as a german, i missed the complete game, but it sounds boring as hell too...
    don´t make players to millionaires and "heroes" for a hole nation - they are high prized modern gladiators that foul the public interest with secondary problems. the real global tragedy is our forced fiatmoney system
    Yes we know it, even in Brazil there is A LOT of critics about it, but at all we are just humans and some fun is welcome if you keep your critical sense untouched.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; July 09, 2014 at 03:19 PM.

oh, and as wilddog posted, yes that was the general reaction, check it out:

http://sadbrazilians.tumblr.com/

I specially identify with this one:

It totally expresses my reaction...

Well, disregard the following post. Now--thanks to some form of unknown magic--the game works

So strange, but I just can't seem to get this mod working. I have a clean 3.2 install--no mods whatsoever--but after I select a faction for the campaign and press START, I get kicked back to the main menu. I can play custom battles all day long, though. I just can't get into the campaign to play. Ever had this happen before?

I installed to the Third_Age_3 folder; should I have installed it to the SEGA or Medieval II Total War folder instead?
    Last edited by Spoe71; July 09, 2014 at 09:34 PM.

Ministry's Avatar Tiro

I've definitely had that happen after I edited the campaign file descr_strat.txt using notepad.exe. The fix was to revert back to the old one and use notepad ++ for edits.

help here would be very welcome.