Page 83 of 248 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384858687888990919293108133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 4953

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Settlement enhancement - 2.0 RELEASED! 05/09/13

Quote Originally Posted by Tankbustaz View Post
    Well to be fair, it does look like it is situated on a plateau, so it has a mix of artistic freedom and accuracy.
    Look again and you see the ruins [in red] in on the lowest level of all the topography [in orange] on the entire map

or The Hobbit's (book's) map

To be fair we are talking about a movie thriology that already managed to necromance Azog, make the Goblins into albinos, the Istari drug addicts and give Galadriel the ability to teleport etc etc, so it's really a movie that is all for 'artistiv freedom', and that's OK, I have given up for a good book adaptation to come from this, but don't come and call it accurate haha.

@ leo
    Nice!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliį Alė, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Greath.............. Thank you Leo.

The dwarven generic settlements are my favourite so far I love them you did such an amazing job! Is there any chance for the fortress you could put the plaza up those stairs behind a small gate, making like a dwarven keep? I think this would be really cool because getting a fortress is pretty rare anyway and makes the highest level of defence something really special rather then just one wall or gate ? Or is that too similar to vanilla MTW2? Anyone else have thoughts on this ?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Cool preview, Leo! So, only mountain fort left for the next release?

How, great !!!
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Dwarven forteress rocks !!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Dwarf town is ok.... But Dwarf Fortress is simply FANTASTIC.

For me, one of the best settlement you ever create.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Dwarf town and Dwarf Fortress are simply FANTASTIC
    Leo

Civis

the dwarf shold have automatic ballista tower or buildable catapults or trebushers on their walls, cheaper defense upgrades and more free unit upkeep maybe, its very bad thet the castles dont fire arrows ballistas frome they towers, and that the castle isnt a functional deffense point, i think its just my dream to put soldiers on the towers/walls of the castles
    and their walls and gates should be stornger the usual, and so and so
    Last edited by begri; June 18, 2013 at 04:58 AM.

This update it dropped my jaw again
    You work is awesome!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by begri View Post
    the dwarf shold have automatic ballista tower or buildable catapults or trebushers on their walls, cheaper defense upgrades and more free unit upkeep maybe, its very bad thet the castles dont fire arrows ballistas frome they towers, and that the castle isnt a functional deffense point, i think its just my dream to put soldiers on the towers/walls of the castles
    and their walls and gates should be stornger the usual, and so and so
    This would be awesome yes...

Leo, I have a question regarding the Dwarven Castles:

I can see how the Dwarven villages will work - any village taken by a Dwarven army will be upgraded to the larger Dwarven fortress/large city model when the population is the right size.

However, if the custom Dwarven fortress/large city/castle counts as ALL castle levels, will any captured castle ever meet the requirements needed to build the Dwarven version?
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Senator

they probably share the same model, to make things easier for poor leo.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nķis que vôa bruxão!

There is no dwarven village or moat and baley. If you capture a village, you can upgrade it to the mine (town), and then to the fortress (large town) and then foward... they will all load the same model.
    If you capture a moat and baley, you can upgrade it to the fortress (woodne castle), and then to the castle and fowrd they all load the same model.

Thats it, the descriptions will change, as dwarves dig deeper and deeper each upgrade, allowing you to build more advanced buildings, but the outside shape is alwasy the same. I dont think the lore llikes the idea of non mountain dwarven settlements getting huge, they are masters of caves, not surface. That said, I have no more time or energy to work in all new levels of generic dwarven settlements, that would be a brutal amount of work.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    ...That said, I have no more time or energy to work in all new levels of generic dwarven settlements, that would be a brutal amount of work.
    I would like to suggest you to just release what you have done so far. What you already previewed is enough for a great release already.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    There is no dwarven village or moat and baley. If you capture a village, you can upgrade it to the mine (town), and then to the fortress (large town) and then foward... they will all load the same model.
    If you capture a moat and baley, you can upgrade it to the fortress (woodne castle), and then to the castle and fowrd they all load the same model.

Thats it, the descriptions will change, as dwarves dig deeper and deeper each upgrade, allowing you to build more advanced buildings, but the outside shape is alwasy the same. I dont think the lore llikes the idea of non mountain dwarven settlements getting huge, they are masters of caves, not surface. That said, I have no more time or energy to work in all new levels of generic dwarven settlements, that would be a brutal amount of work.
    Thanks for the explanation, Leo.
    This mod is awesome and I cannot wait to download and install it!

Thank you so much for all of your hard work!
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

So whats next after the last screenshots ,Leo? 3.0 released??

Great job leo. I just have a question. On the first screen of the dwarf fortress you can see that the wall are quite large. Are they large enough for some artillery ?

Senator

Oh what wouldn't I give for a pair of mangonels on those dorf walls.
    Last edited by Tankbustaz; June 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Grammatical Inconsistency

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Leo, could you please include D_A's Bree? He said it was almost ready and it would take about an hour to make playable.