Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: Unofficial patch [PERMISSION FOR GONDORIAN AND ELVEN SETTLEMENTS RELEASE RECEIVED!]

Wow, awesome news! Really glad to hear

Default Re: Unofficial patch [PERMISSION FOR GONDORIAN AND ELVEN SETTLEMENTS RELEASE RECEIVED!]

great news,i just registred to the site to congratulate you :p

hope we see a new LP of this sub mob

also what is his name?
    *unoficiel 3.3* seem weird to me

you should give it a name like MOS

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Its over guys.
    Generic elven and gondorian settlements will be released, I got permission and I can now finally die in peace.
    This sounds like good news with a worrying twist at the end.

But seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing all your nice stuff appear in MOS.

Very disappointing turn in events and communication. (really wanted to use a stronger word)
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 04, 2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Removed good intended remark that fell flat

The end of that discussion is not over yet, there are stil few things which have reappeared, and we are sorting them out.

The Community will be informed about the final verdict, and, until then, do not PM me anymore regarding this whole situation, if you are not directly involved in it.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Best news I've heard all day!
    Good decision from the powers that be!

So glad that your hard work can now be shared with the rest of the community, Leo!
    You've done this mod proud and stepped up when you were needed most!

I... I almost feel like this mod might actually feel 100% complete!?
    What is this madness?

Congrats!

EDIT:

- If I for some reason become ausent on the forums (death, invalidity, gone to war, kidnapped etc.), then three months or more from my last activity people is free to share my sub-mod and also use its content in other projects, HERE IN THE FORUMS, and giving the credits correctly of course.
    I have big respect for this!
    Last edited by HandKing; December 04, 2013 at 10:38 AM.
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Aww, its just when I load up dwarven and isengard catapults in a custom game, they only have normal and fire shot. I installed 3, 3.1, 3,2 and 3.3 did autodelete, then installed the hotfix :/ settlements work great it is just the catapults not launching grapeshot for me, i can see them in the desc_ projectiles file though
    Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.

Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.

The greatest joy for a man is to defeat his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all they possess, to see those they love in tears, to ride their horses, and to hold their wives and daughters in his arms.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    We also should thank Elvenkind for bringing this case to the attention of the people who actually can make a decision about something like this.
    I think he meant to get a general set of rules to use in cases like this, but the DISCUSSION he started soon focused on Leo's magnificent work.
    In the end Gigantus did post some rules so I suspect Elvenkind is happy with the result also.
    ]

Reserving a section for thank ElvenKind for this was my first action after I got the permission report. Its already there, on the THANKS, CREDITS, CLARIFICATIONS AND PERMISSIONS section.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamar View Post
    Aww, its just when I load up dwarven and isengard catapults in a custom game, they only have normal and fire shot. I installed 3, 3.1, 3,2 and 3.3 did autodelete, then installed the hotfix :/ settlements work great it is just the catapults not launching grapeshot for me, i can see them in the desc_ projectiles file though
    Read the first post before posting something that can make people confuse about a bug that does not exist. The 4.0 version is no released yet.

Quote Originally Posted by HandKing View Post
    I... I almost feel like this mod might actually feel 100% complete!?

There is still stuff to be done, let me show my view about what is still missing in TATW.

PRIMARY:

- New Dwarven units based on the movies.
    - New Dale units based on the movies.
    - New Silvan Elves units based on the movies.
    - New Orcs of Gundabad units based on the movies.
    - Thranduil's Halls custom settlement.

SECONDARY:

- New models for dwarven siege towers, rams, catapults and ballistas.
    - Some custom settlements like Umbar, Grey Havens, Kibil Dûm, Thorin's Halls, Gundabad, Azanulimbar Dûm, ruined Annuminas and Fornost and its correspondet restored versions. (For some of them, we must wait for the third movie though).
    - Hability for ents and snow trolls to throw rocks (just a matter of animation, the javelin thrower one could be used).

ANOTHER POSSIBILITIES:

- Making troll units elephants, like ents are, so preventing them climbing walls, ladders and siege towers.
    - Making troll units capable of hiting gates and destroying them (RTW has such feature for elephants so it might be possible).

There is actually not much to be done now, yes its almost complete.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; December 04, 2013 at 12:24 PM.

Aren't Dwarven and Dale units are fine ? some elements from the movies might be good though but overally they feel just good.

If there is anyone who needs a large operation of polishing, its Silvan Elves.

You forgot Dol Amroth's leo. If one day you have the will to implement Red_Devil's work I can send you the files.

I am not really sure about new units from the hobbit film(s). If I remember correctly in the book the Elfs of Mirkwood are described as quite rough people (heavy drinking, ranger like something ) In the movie so far they look really like a strongly organized force and looking really too noble.

thanks Leo!

is it for MOS also released with elven and gondorian settlements?
    Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Unofficial patch

Seriously ._. ?

Unfortunately, due to new informations, the permission for releasing Settlements has been revoked.

We feel sorry that it had to come to this.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Nooooo......

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Revoked for how long?
    Last edited by paradamed; December 04, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

That's ridiculous . I hope it will be resolved, Leo. When you think you're doing the best for the community and the mod itself, here the results...

The hell?
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 04, 2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Please, Don't comment Moderation notes

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

What the...... If i say what i want to say ill be banned.

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

Wait, revoked how come?