Page 9 of 248 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: TATW Unofficial patch 4.0

Default Re: Preview: Weathertop, Dunharrow, Crith Ungol and Dwarven Fort (update 11/15/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    they are all great, but you should really add some terrain to Cirith Ungol.
    i agree

Default Re: Preview: Weathertop, Dunharrow, Crith Ungol and Dwarven Fort (update 11/15/11)

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    One thing I would like to share with you guys.

The engine allows us to position defense points. These points determines where the AI will place his troops to defend the settlements after the first line of walls is broken.
    In vanilla settlements they are located all the same since the cities are all the same. But now when crafting a settlement, we can place these points wherever we want. This really changes the battle and makes every custom settlement unique in therms of gameplay.
    AH! confess leo, only a CA member would know this .. CONFESS!!

But this is good, tell us all! we want hard coded docos on all game features .. source code would be nice too!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post

But this is good, tell us all! we want hard coded docos on all game features .. source code would be nice too!

R
    Not right if you are beeing ironic.

This is just a cool information I think people should know about.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post

R
    I knew it already as well

EDIT: And yes you are right Leo, indeed very cool info peple will be interetsed in

I don't know why but the last dwarven fort pic remembered me of the "star" fort in the Age of Empires III campaign...
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Content Emeritus

Yeah lol
    You're right

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

One thing I would like to share with you guys.

The engine allows us to position defense points. These points determines where the AI will place his troops to defend the settlements after the first line of walls is broken.
    In vanilla settlements they are located all the same since the cities are all the same. But now when crafting a settlement, we can place these points wherever we want. This really changes the battle and makes every custom settlement unique in therms of gameplay.
    Epic!! nice info Leo

EDIT... also I missed the new dwarven fort really nice. May I suggest putting some small rock formations around the fort to give it that dwarf feeling.
    Last edited by baz44331; November 23, 2011 at 06:56 AM.

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

Very nice leo, looks you've been hard at work! These forts look like a lot of fun l-) I get the same lines in screenies if I change my battle res and forget to adjust tga_width in the .cfg to match~~for 16:9 tga_aspect = 1.7777, 16:10 1.6666 (I think)
    What would be nice are some video previews of your forts in action!

Viewing and editing MTW2 textures with MWthumb and DXTbmp

Quote Originally Posted by wolfslayer View Post
    Very nice leo, looks you've been hard at work! These forts look like a lot of fun l-) I get the same lines in screenies if I change my battle res and forget to adjust tga_width in the .cfg to match~~for 16:9 tga_aspect = 1.7777, 16:10 1.6666 (I think)
    What would be nice are some video previews of your forts in action!
    Agree... I bet MBA wouldn't mind getting hands on these!
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Campidoctor

I like the Dwarf fort, looks very nice

The hill it's on looks a bit too artificial however.

Thanks. Im finishing Carn Dum right now, actually it was finised 3 days ago but I decided to change the overall concept.
    Its my best settlement until now, by far better than the previous ones in therms of textures and overall concept, also complexity.
    Ill post a preview today or tomorrow.

And yes, I will change the strange sharp edges of the dwarf fort hill, its quite simple to do so.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; November 25, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks. Im finishing Carn Dum right now, actually it was finised 3 days ago but I decided to change the overall concept.
    Its my best settlement until now, by far better than the previous ones in therms of textures and overall concept, also complexity.
    Ill post a preview today or tomorrow.

And yes, I will change the strange sharp edges of the dwarf fort hill, its quite simple to do so.
    Fantastic!
    In fact, I'm curious on what KK is up to. He has not given news on the mod for quite a while, and this is usually good sign
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

I think he is working in GENERIC GONDOR, since he just finished its generic buildings (see osgiliath), but who knows.

I also Hope Devils_Advocate has not left making custom settlements, he said something about caras g beeing his last for 3.0 but who knows...

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HandKing View Post
    Agree... I bet MBA wouldn't mind getting hands on these!
    But he sadly is damn busy right atm

I think he is working in GENERIC GONDOR, since he just finished its generic buildings (see osgiliath), but who knows.

I also Hope Devils_Advocate has not left making custom settlements, he said something about caras g beeing his last for 3.0 but who knows...
    They both said that was their last settlement for 3.0.
    I guess some fixing and changes here and there and overall collecting all the datas and putting it together to one version and stuff which also takes quite some time, plus bug fixing and everything is what they are currently doing

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Short review:

Weathertop: Good enough. Doesn't looks as numenorian as KK's gondorian buildings, but its still nice. Could use some more vertexes, because the rocks look too blocky. And perhaps different textures.

Dunharrow: Can't say much about this one other than it needs more vertexes.

Cirith Ungol: I like it, a lot. Could be a little bit bigger (I have trouble imagining a full stack there), but it is well designed and looks crudely, yet elegant. But again, it should be placed in mountain range

Dwarven fort: Disliked. Looks as if it was taken straight from Warhammer, which is kind of anti-climatic. Generally, the design is overdone. You should have gone with much smaller, more traditional fort design, with some dwarven ornaments.

Overall positive, keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    Dwarven fort: Looks as if it was taken straight from Warhammer, which is kind of anti-climatic.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    They both said that was their last settlement for 3.0.
    I guess some fixing and changes here and there and overall collecting all the datas and putting it together to one version and stuff which also takes quite some time, plus bug fixing and everything is what they are currently doing
    Nevertheless I think we'll be surprised when the full preview is out ...

EDIT: Yes, Cirith Ungol is a bit small for a ful stack but as the original fort is small I don't think that's a problem for the human player (he must adapt to actual terrain conditions). But how will the AI handle it?
    Last edited by Rora Lion; November 25, 2011 at 02:47 PM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

like the AI handles everything

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yeah. Right
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.