Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CA: What we're up to update (Q&A thread)

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: CA: What we're up to update (Q&A thread)

Q: Do CA employees such as yourself play fantastic mods like Third Age: Total War and Stainless Steel?
    If you like the picture of my woman, GIVE ME REP!!!!

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Many thanks for the kind words folks.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

We're nice when we're treated nice. You have been most forthcoming so far.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Tiro

Q 2. Can you answer question #1

Quote Originally Posted by Grythius Avalorius View Post
    Can you start giving us updates on your wifes condition, since we havent gotten a decent Shogun related update in 3 or 4 weeks?
    It's just rude, dude.

Under the Patronage of: Ishan

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Questions:
    - Will you come back to answer question about XML modding?
    - Would you consider releasing non compiled lua files for UI modding for NTW, as you released the XML files?
    - Instead of giving a map editor, would you consider making a DLC just with an updated campaign map with more regions if you get enough demand?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I wish the best for your wife, Craig.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Q: Will we ever get the feature to reset veteran upgrades in avatar mode? this means getting back our clan tokens too so we can reapply them etc.

Edit: Btw CraigTW I created this poll just for you.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=493971
    Last edited by Kinjo; November 09, 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Quote Originally Posted by Oberbefehlshaber View Post
    Im sure that the whole Total War team does not work on DLCs, so I bet CA has been working on their next "big" project since before Shogun 2 was released.

Q: I want to ask if you guys will still be using Warscape on the next game, even though I dont think I will get a reply.
    I would like this confirmed too.

Will the next game be using Warscape or will it be an entirely new engine? No offense, but Warscape is a terrible engine compared to the more primitive RTW/Med 2 one =P

Moddability for one =D

Sorry to hear about the broken leg. Hope she heals up well, and soon.

As for these weekly threads, they've run their course a bit, yeah? It appears as if there was a need for them back during the run up to the last patch/DLC, but now it's like you're playing out the string because people expect them to appear every Wednesday.

Frankly, I think you're better off to just end them until you've got something pertinent to say. Otherwise, people get frustrated, and do we really need to see multiple questions about modding in EVERY single update thread? MEMO: THEY'VE GOT IT.

At any rate, maybe use the vacation to start an extended vacation for these threads as they are basically useless at this point.

r3deed's Avatar Semisalis

I hope you do well.

Q: Why won't you allow modders to modify the Rome TW exe? (To, for example, increase the number of factions or expand the map size.)

Q: When will modders be allowed to change the Empire map?

Quote Originally Posted by BullGod View Post
    It's just rude, dude.
    Sure its sarcastic and going personal is kinda unfair,
    but there is little truth in the comment like Craig admitted.

Q: Will there be more historic battles or even a historic battle editior ?
    Maybe Historic Battle campaigns like in S1?
    And I always wondered Why there are no achievments for finishing historic battles!

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Q. Can we expect a new place to get E:TW multiplayer campaign beta? (as far as I know, only way was true SEGA's website but you still can't get it )

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

hi craig. sorry to hear about the missus. i broke my leg a while back and i know how inconvienient doing daily things on crutches is.
    my question occurred to me while playing a siege battle on one of the new maps. it was the T shaped castle (probably at stronghold or castle level). while i normally have all my troops on the top level to defend the flag, i found on this castle i was fighting 3 heavy battles at different areas of the same level, moving troops back and forth to bolster weakening forces. it was one of my best S2 battles. my thought was this.
    if there were 2 capturable flags (capture either to acheive a win) at opposite ends of the castle (or on different levels) it would make for more interesting and varied seige battles. rather than concentrate your forces in one defensive position you would have to split your forces to defend different areas.
    the most interesting battles to fight are ones where you are fighting on 2 fronts.
    thanks for your contribution to these forums. (and thanks for the games)
    *also any chance of releasing a mini dlc each month unlocking a minor clan, (get one of the work experience kids to tweak and script it) $2.00 everyone wins (but be warned, i wont be purchasing any of the yukky purple ones)
    Last edited by von stoker; November 10, 2011 at 03:34 AM.

hmmm a few points

(2) M2TW sieges were REALLY cool, i hope you produce something like that in the next game, plus more - moats/ditches which need filling before attackers attack the walls. In fact use the M2TW siege code and improve it, saves time etc
    (3) what game engine will be used for the next game, a new one?

R
    Last edited by Ishan; November 10, 2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: off-topic
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

Q: Will there ever be a ( CA - supported ) option to change the 4 turns per year to 1 turn per month?

Q: Will there ever be DLC for DLC ( for Rots) ?

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

No questions here Craig, enjoy your holidays, will there be some Skyrim being played?
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

This is regaurding any future games....I know the games take a lot of time to make, no doubt. But have you guys thought about making units more accurate in dress? What I mean is sort of how EB did with the skins in the mod. Also you should have us be able to make custom factions! It wouldnt be historically accurate but cool! You beat campaign mode and it unlocks the feature. You can pick a culture, religion, and get x amount of points to add units to the rosters! This would be a dream come true.
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Ok can you tell me next update will be big?
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.