Whilst waiting for the team leader,can we discuss unit stat data,as text work needs work on also.Are you to use RS-2(unit creation guide)or Aradan's(EDU automatic)unit data or vanilla stats or what? I have been trialing in my own mod work based on vanilla stats,due to my economy based on vanilla. I am not experienced to adjust economics in game,so use vanilla stats to be safe.
Data i found need looking at are:
1. Complicated,the best versions I have seen seem to be RS-2(they have a unit creation guide) and Aradan's EDU automatic. Aradan's seems more easier and detailed,and I have successfully used it in game,adjusting by .75% his values(vanilla range being 0-18,but his higher).
2. I have tried Darth Formations to see if you can prevent missile doing crazy charge attacks in settlements and on the field. In addition I have problems with phalanx breaking up in battle then being cut to pieces. DF adjusts various stats including charge,and RS-2 uses it. However it seems 'formations_ai' overrides this data and you get charging skirmish in any event. Your formation is based on what units you have in the field and they have sections listing skirmish on or defending etc-which affects AI. My trial which seems to work betetr than DF data is simple have missile on 10' or so charge,and the same for phalanx. Limiting phalanx speed helps cohesion as they move.
3. Radius is by default .4,and hidden. It enables so many units to be attacked by your unit within that range,the smaller the radius then the more enemy you can combat. I have seen RS-2 tweaks and their range seems 2.5 to .5. I looked at this before but had no guide to what range is balanced,until I saw RS-2. I think Gladiators,Spartans and Legionaries be given smaller radius due to experience and the likes of peasant types greater.
4. There are problems with untis in settlements and for phalanx showing pike through shield on battle. Try to adjust spacing-front to back to reduce the crazy spear or arm in shield you get many times in games. Reducing spacing helps units squashed in settlements maneuver better,ie horses and skirmish.
5. Ranks determine the looks of your phalanx,if set to less than 6,then the pike is flat as spear. I have made my missile more ranks to help in settlements and battle moving,as for example when 2 spaced,my archers spread out 2 deep get messed up easily when charged,but on say 4 defend themselves and move easier,better in cities also.
6. Lethality determines straight kills on battle as far as I know. I have seen APER's Real Combat system in PI mod using morale+combat value to assign lethality. I was using this type as I do not know how to assign lethality to skeleton types? I recently found yesterday that RS-2 has listed more skeletons and their lethality than the EDU automatic list I saw. I favour morale,ie gladiators and spartans,ie elite combatants should have better kill rate than a peasant with the same weapon.
I hope this helps