Thread: General's Body Guard Units

Default General's Body Guard Units

For those of you familiar with the inner-mechanics of the game --
    When do the Body Guard Units become Late_Body Guard Units?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: General's Body Guard Units

They dont. The game only uses the first unit in the EDU for each faction with the general_unit attribute as the bodyguard. They never actually switch automatically.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

PB was planning to have a separate EDU that you switch in around 1400 or so in order to have all BGs be the Late version. The existing ones would remain as they are, but all the new ones would be Late.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    They dont. The game only uses the first unit in the EDU for each faction with the general_unit attribute as the bodyguard. They never actually switch automatically.
    So, if I understand you correctly, there are at least six units in the current SS 6.4 EDU that never actually appear in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by popovic View Post
    So, if I understand you correctly, there are at least six units in the current SS 6.4 EDU that never actually appear in the game?
    There are 5 (NE, SE, EE, TO and ME). And they do appear as trainable generals.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    There are 5 (NE, SE, EE, TO and ME). And they do appear as trainable generals.
    Ah, but the family members don`t spawn with them?

Imo, they should be removed, and if possible, simple armour upgrades should be used to distinguish early/late bodyguards.
    And since I`m working on a small submod that will need space for a few new units, this seems like a very nice possibility...

Just do what PB wanted to do.

Correct.

Imo, they should be removed, and if possible, simple armour upgrades should be used to distinguish early/late bodyguards.
    And since I`m working on a small submod that will need space for a few new units, this seems like a very nice possibility...
    I think he did not use armour upgrades because the horse's armor can not be upgraded. So a late plate-armoured general would be using a barded horse.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Just do what PB wanted to do.
    Nah, I want those slots.

edit: now I get it. Took me a while...

That is actually a really good idea, the only downside is that the EDU would have to be replaced manually, and for every campaign one plays...
    Last edited by popovic; November 11, 2011 at 06:35 PM.