Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: C&C: Generals 2

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Default Re: C&C: Generals 2

EA is a publisher not a developer by bioware.
    What? When did I ever say that EA was a developer and BioWare was a publisher???

I think your bad at RTS games
    I shouldn't be. I've been playing RTS games all my life (AoE 1, 2, and 3, Company of Heroes, Rise of Nations, WarCraft 2 and 3, StarCraft 1 and 2, Empire Earth, etc etc). Granted I'll admit I'm no good at the online stuff (except for WC3) and doing the whole spamming thing but I've never had as much frustrating moments in an RTS like I have with C&C3.

... So why do they insist on letting Bioware make a C&C game?
    Before EA had even picked up BioWare the developer expressed interest in doing games of other genres aside from RPGs. They expressed interest in shooters, action-adventures, and strategy games. I guess after being grabbed by EA they finally got the opportunity to do so. I can totally understand this - I mean, how many RPGs have BioWare or at least the employees at BioWare made over the last decade? I'm sure if I were them I would want to try something new and different too.

BTW was Generals any good?

I heard nothing but terrible things about it when it came out (i.e. people were calling it the WORST C&C game EVER)
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

my guess is that the third faction will be either russia or a far eastern faction: possibilities include china (which became a superpower at the end of zero hour) a japanese-south korean coalition or even north korea.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Hopefully a decent base can be build for once. With walls, gates, towers, mines, sandbags and all that. Just imagine a C&C game using the Company of Heroes engine..

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Hopefully a decent base can be build for once. With walls, gates, towers, mines, sandbags and all that. Just imagine a C&C game using the Company of Heroes engine..
    But C&C games were never realistic, that was not the point. They are supposed to be easy to learn, hard to master and fun. I for one want an exciting and long campaign, with varied objectives and different missions, much like the Starcraft II campaign.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Aww yeeahh. Generals was totally my favorite C&C game.

Protector Domesticus

Red alert 2 will always be the best one

Not sure if im looking forwards to this, a RTS made by a RPG developer? Hopefully they will keep the Classic RTS formula with a few spiced up features, every time Ive seen RPG elements put into a RTS its been a complete disaster.

I didn't like Generals. They got rid of the magic wrench of repair in that game.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

The only thing I dislike about this is that apparently the developers of the engine aren't giving out mod tools for it. Allegedly there might not even be a map editor because of that, which really sucks. The first Generals had all the usual lack of longtime support as seen with other C&Cs by EA, which meant cruddy balancing. But, there are so many mods out there for it now, I still play it from time to time.

If this really doesn't get any mod support, no map editor and probably some other crap like always-online DRM or is Origin-exclusive then I'm almost definitely not getting it.
    "People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

In Soviet Russia you want Uncle Sam.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

The game looks awesome cant please everyone be thankful its generals 2 !

Im hyped most of you are just to fragile about the ruin experience thing ITS BIOWARE RELAX.

Actually as I understand it it's pretty much an EA operated and owned studio cashing in on the Bioware name.

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Finally someone came to their senses.Good to see that the European Union will be in the game,it was so strange seeing Germany under GLA control.

I hope that the Union will be more of a land army,mechanized combat like a modern high tech Wehrmacht, not over reliant on aircraft like USA.

About the 3rd faction we can only speculate,maybe a North American Union?South American Union?Far East Coallition - Japan,South Korea,Australia etc ?

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Bioware have to add china period "

We want nukes !!!!

I just bought all the games again im hyped so much lets watch out for new videos and news fans of generals !

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Well they are riding on Bioware's reputation while it lasts.. thats EA, always looking for the quick fix despite tearing down Bioware slowly and killing their reputation. Then they will need to find the next big company to leech off from.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Well they are riding on Bioware's reputation while it lasts.. thats EA, always looking for the quick fix despite tearing down Bioware slowly and killing their reputation. Then they will need to find the next big company to leech off from.
    Let's hope not.If they follow the original formula and the game isn't cartoonish,they will do a decent game.

I for one don't like the bit about the hordes of DLS...if they do that i will just t-----t the game.

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post

BTW was Generals any good?

I heard nothing but terrible things about it when it came out (i.e. people were calling it the WORST C&C game EVER)
    Not that bad but there are a lot of mods out there.If you like C&C you should get Generals and download Shockwave, Rise of the reds ,Contra awesome mods. You can find them on www.moddb.com
    Last edited by ShockBlast; December 12, 2011 at 06:30 AM.

Guys, when someone reps me, please, leave a name so I can rep ya back.

On the game. Wouldn't it be extra awesome and immersive if the EU units had quotes in all the languages of the EU countries. English should be dominant, but there should be an amount of foreign accents and a German, Italian, Greek, Polish or whatever word there and then? It's a multinational task force anyhow.
    Last edited by Sanguinary Guardian; December 12, 2011 at 08:45 AM.

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    Let's hope not.If they follow the original formula and the game isn't cartoonish,they will do a decent game.

I for one don't like the bit about the hordes of DLS...if they do that i will just t-----t the game.
    Id rather see it a tad cartoonish then going for some realistic bull
    Its C&C we are talking about, if their isnt oversized silly weaponry then they aint doing it right.

The Chinese Tank/bunker was my fav thing to use after mass chinese infantry with rifles and RPGs

With the use of Frostbite 2 engine, perhaps a cover system may be implemented? I don't think it fits C&C games, but Generals was always somehow a tad more "realistic" than the Tiberium and the Red Alert universes. It could be interesting, but C&C is all about fast-paced gameplay and fun over realism. I don't know how people will react to a sudden turn towards "realism". However, seeing those flying things in the trailer eases such concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by SLN445 View Post
    Id rather see it a tad cartoonish then going for some realistic bull
    Its C&C we are talking about, if their isnt oversized silly weaponry then they aint doing it right.

The Chinese Tank/bunker was my fav thing to use after mass chinese infantry with rifles and RPGs
    Seeing the thriller we can be sure the game will be bright but not cartoony,much more like Generals and unlike RA3.

They will follow the C&C formula with resources and base building.And i don't think they will exagerate with realism.I think we will have at least a decent game.

It is true that the Frostbite 2 engine is unmoddable ?

I hope that the 3rd faction will take care of the air heavy part i really want the EU to be an high tech all around army with a soft spot for big tanks and artillery.

Hmm..maybe a Fast East faction with an accent on speed could use use a powerful airforce more then EU.

Well if there are going to be some generals is,and i am sure they will,one of them should be a german fellow with BIG tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBlast View Post
    I hope that the 3rd faction will take care of the air heavy part i really want the EU to be an high tech all around army with a soft spot for big tanks and artillery.

Hmm..maybe a Fast East faction with an accent on speed could use use a powerful airforce more then EU.
    Food for thought, but, right now the EU is a pioneer in aircraft development, behind the US, while Russians and Chinese have prototypes and not operational new-gen aircraft, but in the next twenty years, who knows what might happen.
    Fact is that in the first Generals, the "speed army" was the GLA. with all their fast attack units (Technicals, Scorpions, Buggies etc). I doubt they will change that in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    Food for thought, but, right now the EU is a pioneer in aircraft development, behind the US, while Russians and Chinese have prototypes and not operational new-gen aircraft, but in the next twenty years, who knows what might happen.
    Well in general aircraft as in small aircraft and helicopters the US doesn't have any advantage but they do have a bigger sellection of aircraft,they have huge bombers,something EU atm is not using.I for all didn't fall for that stealth is everything argument they give.
    Still EU doesn't have the ''penetration'' aircraft US has but to be fair we can do that with cruise missiles and drones.Why the hell should we develop sthealthy planes to infiltrate and bomb when drons and missiles can do that.In 2013 - 2015 EU's Galileo GPS will be operational anyway.

Fact is that in the first Generals, the "speed army" was the GLA. with all their fast attack units (Technicals, Scorpions, Buggies etc). I doubt they will change that in the sequel.
    True,true.

Meh i think EU will be the faction that uses more aircraft then others but i hope there will be a general who likes heavy armour more. Deutschland's finest!!!