Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: C&C: Generals 2

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: New Bioware game teased..C and C Generals 2

Updated first post

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Is this going to be a PC exclusive or made for console like tiberium wars?

VOP2288's Avatar Smokey the Bear
    Civitate

Seeing that the new game is a C&C title I was tempted to re-install and actually finish all the C&C games I bought off of Steam that I never got to finish (C&C3, Kane's Wrath, C&C4, RA3, RA3 Uprising).

I just hope that BioWare makes the game significantly less frustrating.

I've rage removed C&C3 three or four times now b/c I can never get past the last mission in Act 3 of the GDI campaign. Even turning the difficulty down to Easy didn't help at all. The last time I tried to get through the game I got stuck on the first Act 3 mission (which I've gotten through before) where you have to manage your power between your defenses while Nod comes spamming in with air units, suicide bombers, and those damn stealth vehicles. After like four or five attempts I finally got through it. It seriously is a frustrating game b/c the difficulty is really whacked and there's no strategy or intelligence behind the AI - it just cheats and swarms you with countless units that it can produce at an almost constant rate right outside your base.
    Under the patronage of Pra

Addicted-Gamers.com - Up-and-coming game news website! Please support us!

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Being a fan of both C&C and Bioware, at first I was very excited. Then I saw this on the official site

Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    I've rage removed C&C3 three or four times now b/c I can never get past the last mission in Act 3 of the GDI campaign. Even turning the difficulty down to Easy didn't help at all. The last time I tried to get through the game I got stuck on the first Act 3 mission (which I've gotten through before) where you have to manage your power between your defenses while Nod comes spamming in with air units, suicide bombers, and those damn stealth vehicles. After like four or five attempts I finally got through it. It seriously is a frustrating game b/c the difficulty is really whacked and there's no strategy or intelligence behind the AI - it just cheats and swarms you with countless units that it can produce at an almost constant rate right outside your base.
    I think your bad at RTS games i beat the entire C and C 3 campaign on the Xbox without too much trouble

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

... So why do they insist on letting Bioware make a C&C game? the trailer did not feature any dialogue or anything else that shows Bioware's skills are needed for it..
    And they never made a strategy game. I bet this will mean its combat will be as exiting as ME1's combat where Bioware still had zero experience with shooters.

Or this might just be part of EA's plan to take Bioware apart like they did with Westwood, Maxis and Bullfrog. My advice? if they never teared Westwood apart and had let them continue to make C&C games they would still be as great as they once where.
    I'd bet EA will meddle Bioware into the extreme with this game, since EA made several C&C games themselves (without succes)

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

It's actually Bioware Victory(formerly Victory studios) that is making the game and not the old rpg Bioware studios.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

The derp art style after RA3 and C&C4.....
    Hell, how about just go back to C&C3 or even Red Alert 2?
    Just make those things out of the CG and draft of Westwood.
    The toy style is nowhere appealing.

Come on, Bioware is the series's last hope!
    Aure entuluva!

Default Re: New Bioware game teased

Quote Originally Posted by VOP2288 View Post
    As I understood it since EA had acquired BioWare the publisher has more or less left them alone and mostly had them in control.
    EA is a publisher not a developer by bioware. Bioware right now has six studios alone.
    Off course i wont say that have EA for a partener doesnt have anything to do with it.

Default C&C: Generals 2

CHINA WILL GROW LARGER!

Zero Hour was one of the most memorable games I've played, let's hope this is as good. It uses the same engine as Battlefield 3, which is certianly a good sign.

The GLA returns but this time facing the EU rather than the USA, and one yet-to-be-revealed faction, which I hope is a good replacement for China. Let's hope the game maintains the atmosphere of the last one.
    Last edited by removeduser_4536284751384; December 11, 2011 at 11:38 AM.

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: C&C: Generals 2

FOR THE GLA!

I hope it was not stray off, from the original.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Considering this is a bioware game and a thread about it already exist, it's been moved and merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    My advice? if they never teared Westwood apart and had let them continue to make C&C games they would still be as great as they once where.
    Generals 1 was the best C&C game.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

No way.
    Command and Conquer Generals + BioWare + Frostbite 2 Engine?!?!?

NOMOTHERINGWAY!!!!

C&C Generals was the last truely good C&C game, I couldn't be anymore happy about this... wait, I could if EA was completely out of the picture... Oh well can't have everything you want I suppose .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Being a fan of both C&C and Bioware, at first I was very excited. Then I saw this on the official site

Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.
    Oh hell no... Curse you EA, CURSE YOU TO HELL!
    Last edited by Ascarona; December 11, 2011 at 11:52 AM.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Hope it'll be good. Its good to see Bioware branching out and experimenting in new fields, rather than remaking the same games over and over again like certain other studios.

If you ever find violence doesn't solves anything, you haven't used enough.

Default Re: New Bioware game teased

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Its good that Bioware tries something new, but judging from the screenshot and their decision to let it be an explosion of sorts, I have little hope of it becomeing anything good. ...
    Well its because its not realy bioware, or at least its Bioware Victory, wich was the studio of EA Victory games, bottom of line its the same people same studio, they just tag Bioware name on it. So its a RTS its not a typical genre for bioware. If you are expecting a typical bioware game, like mass effect dragon age, jade empire, they you will be disapointed, because its comand and comquer after all. If you dont like RTS then it wont be good for you, but it will certainly be good for the fans of the franchise.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Sweet.

When does this game release ?

The Edain's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BishopKnight♔ View Post
    Sweet.

When does this game release ?
    2013 according the the trailer.
    |Windows 7 user||College Student|
    |Anime Fan||Xbox 360 Owner|Photoshop user|

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by The Edain View Post
    2013 according the the trailer.
    Perfection cheers.

I'm hyped for it looks like im doing a system check in the basement later .

Anyway i remember when i was in year 6 and my teacher used to play generals while teaching us such a tease dam it i could hear him launching a nuke :O still after i heard about generals 2 i creamed my knickers to be exact lets hope all the main aspects are back for generals 2 !.

YES I MEAN SUPER WEAPONS

MASSIVE C&C FAN HERE BUT EXCLUDE THE FAIL C&C RED ALERT 3 WHICH SUCKED .

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Ok, assuming they won't do anything stupid with the 3rd faction (by stupid, I mean Scrin stupid) who do you think it might be?
    EU obviously takes up the role of the US, highly advanced tech, small numbers, airpower, etc. Considering that the US power and influence declined at the end of Zero Hour, I think it's a smart move the fact that EU represents the Western World.
    GLA I hope will remain the GLA we know and love, that means stealth, deception, low tech ingenuity, etc.
    Now, the third faction will most probably take up China's place (huge numbers, heavy armour, etc). I believe that there is no reason they would withhold the information if it actually was China. Could it be Russia? Perhaps, but I think that Russia/Soviet Union belongs in the RA universe. I can't see another Middle-Eastern country taking up the slot, since we already have the Middle Eastern influenced GLA. A Pan-African Union, then? Cool idea, but still, they need to come up with one hell of an explanation on how Africans united and created a powerful army in just ten years after the events of Zero Hour (in which Somalia was featured in a US mission). My bet would be India, because it can be everything China was and it would also be quite a surprise (we already have the EU as a surprise).
    Although I like the idea of others being in the spotlight instead of US and China, I can't help but feel nostalgic.
    I sincerely hope we'll see some real-life weaponry in there, as well as the futuristic ones, like in the first Generals.

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...