Thread: Huge Cities

Default Huge Cities

Hi!

First of all, great mod.

I have a question though. Is the huge city upgrade available in this mod?

Colos

Default Re: Huge Cities

No.

Well, thanks

May I ask why?

Colos

Because in this time there weren't any huge cities.

I see your point... but what about the 'Let's rewrite history!' thing?

Colos

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

ok, because just!

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    Because in this time there weren't any huge cities.
    Rome may not be its former glory, but theres still the city of worldly desires in Greece, I want to have my empire in britain, why may I not have a super city there?

I think one huge city per faction with special building conditions like, must be a port and such would be a good thing. Obviously its going to be a lot harder to get a city from minor to huge then it is large to minor, l;ike, 4x - 5x longer, 100000 pop needed?

gonna put it in the suggestion thread.

If you can mod, you can have anything you want. I was telling you why the developer of the mod didn't include the feature.

Constantinople was not in Scandinavia, which was sparsely populated. Same for Britain.

Scandinavia is a frozen waste mostly(i think my province has more population than today's norway), the lowlands of lotharingia are hugely populated, farming lands of great britain are without rival and germany as a whole is the strongest region in europe.

Quote Originally Posted by iPoon View Post
    Scandinavia is a frozen waste mostly(i think my province has more population than today's norway), the lowlands of lotharingia are hugely populated, farming lands of great britain are without rival and germany as a whole is the strongest region in europe.
    It depends on where in Scandinavia you are. Denmark and southern Sweden has a quite mild climate while Norway and Northern Sweden has a cold climate.

Only northern and northeastern norway is really cold, the rest is fairly temperate

Indefinitely Banned

Norway's hotter than Scotland in most places though because it has that warm ocean current going past it.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm on the fence as to large cities. I'd like to see a submod for the opportunity, but I'd like them disabled in the main mod to prevent the AI from building any and to add to realism.

i think valhalla the vikings capitol should be a giant impending fortress

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

No one can reach it anyway. So what would be the point, other than looking cool the few times that someone hits "toggle_fow"?
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Though I certainly can't see any merit in having a huge city in Britain,Scandinavia and Iceland, since none of these regions were population centres back in those days, there might be some merit in having one on the continent, Paris or Munster perhaps. They were already a bit bigger than most other cities back then. Thing is, I don't think it would add much to this already great mod. I don't care if they are large cities or huge cities as long as I can conquer them.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd. Fate is fate.