Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sekigahara Campaign - General Discussion

The_Nord's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: The Sekigahara Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    I certainly do get where you're coming from.

How about this: at any point where a clan allies itself with a clan of the opposite political alignment, that clan is pulling off a sanada-esque scheme to stay alive .
    Haha! That'll do, that'll do. Being sneaky is part of this period after all!

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Cmon. This is where Hideaki is at the "Toyotomi" side...

Maybe just really, REALLY ramped up the conversion penalties if they switch alignments or the 'more" than usual penalties if they allied with a clan of differing alignment.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

More building art to look at. Added encampment, katana and stable lines in v2.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; November 09, 2012 at 01:10 PM.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Small progress report: I am currently working on properly implementing the new clans. This seems a pretty lengthy process, as I have to deal with over 2000 relationships. Fortunately, most relationships are neutral.

On top of this, I have made sure I have access to the territories for my playable clan set. I have created 6 of the 9 starting faction leaders. Once I do that, I suppose I'll show them off a bit.

I also gave some thought as to how I would present the first wave of my work. The first version of the mod will be defined as v0.5/an open beta. The idea is to make it clear to everyone that the mod does not yet have the features I want to be considered a v1.0 or onwards. I already have a good idea of what I'll be including in v0.5 and what I have planned but will be waiting until v1.0 to add.

The mod data is really starting to look coherent, and I have to say the campaign is already begetting a pretty refreshing feel. Quite exciting, I'd say .

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Small progress report: I am currently working on properly implementing the new clans. This seems a pretty lengthy process, as I have to deal with over 2000 relationships. Fortunately, most relationships are neutral.

On top of this, I have made sure I have access to the territories for my playable clan set. I have created 6 of the 9 starting faction leaders. Once I do that, I suppose I'll show them off a bit.

I also gave some thought as to how I would present the first wave of my work. The first version of the mod will be defined as v0.5/an open beta. The idea is to make it clear to everyone that the mod does not yet have the features I want to be considered a v1.0 or onwards. I already have a good idea of what I'll be including in v0.5 and what I have planned but will be waiting until v1.0 to add.

The mod data is really starting to look coherent, and I have to say the campaign is already begetting a pretty refreshing feel. Quite exciting, I'd say .

More campaign art.

EDIT: added embassies.

EDIT 2: added more stuff.
    Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; November 09, 2012 at 01:10 PM.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

I updated the main menu image on my first post to cover robin's and my UI compromise, on top of what looks to be a bleak sekigahara due to the christmas update. They will probably revert it, and if that's the case my original frontend set will kick in.

Ah well, sekigahara at christmas time .

---

I have also revised my description in the first post, now that the modification has clearly taken much of its shape.

This modification seeks to be the most comprehensive one yet, with the v0.5 beta covering:
    -46 new (or in some cases revised) clans, as well as three new rebel types and a re-working of the wako pirates.
    -a new set of playable factions, chosen with the factors of character popularity and a desire not to have as few of the old playable clans as possible. An early version of Honda Tadakatsu, the leader of one of these playable factions, can be seen below.
    -an overhaul of the campaign map, providing stunningly diverse and, in some regards, hyperbolic textures (see below for early examples).
    -a political alignment system; aligning with the Toyotomi will yield civil-oriented bonuses whilst aligning with the Tokugawa will yield military-oriented bonuses.
    -new building chains, covering revised vanilla-based chains and brand new building concepts.
    -a re-visioning of vanilla units, supplemented by a custom unit pack.
    ...and much, much more!

Development of the campaign will be broken up to avoid months of work and no public release. Due in late December/early January, an open beta (v0.5) will be released containing many of the essentials. The next wave of content will be developed for a first fully-fledged release (v1.0). I have already executed much of the planning for v1.0 contents, but developing everything I envision "The Sekigahara Campaign" to be could take months (hence v0.5).
    Last edited by Akaie; December 17, 2011 at 02:25 AM.

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Quick screenshot. This one depicts a more historically appropriate Tokugawa Ieyasu, or 'Tokugawa Ieyasu v2.0' if you will. I have a few more tweaks I would like to apply to him, but its much to my liking. Let me know what you think.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Quick screenshot. This one depicts a more historically appropriate Tokugawa Ieyasu, or 'Tokugawa Ieyasu v2.0' if you will. I have a few more tweaks I would like to apply to him, but its much to my liking. Let me know what you think.

Woah!

Oh my...that is so cool.

Ok guys. Note-worthy news.

I have just made it clear to the Sekigahara team what we will be doing in regards to the content of the mod. We will not be holding out and building up a huge modification that will not be released for a long time.

Instead, we will be releasing the mod (V1) with the most important and most necessary features the campaign demands at a much closer date. My ETA is late december, but don't think too much of that.
    I'd think of it as an excuse to buy ourselves a Christmas present that can handle the graphics of Shogun 2.

Let's see what else I need to do for v0.5....

-Three or so more daimyo to build,
    -Minor clan faction colourings (already have their colour schemes written down, so its just dumping that into relevant tables),
    -Junctioning new buildings to tech tree and implementing the new farm chain country-wide,
    -Polishing off the major factions' scripting,
    -Junctioning revisioned vanilla unit roster to new building chains,
    -Finish up the custom unit component,
    -Complete faction relationship definitions,
    -Polish the political alignment system.

I'd say there are a few other things, too.

Two major parts of v1.0 will include:
    -unit variety for the major clans, which will see the clan crest applied to a soldiers' headwear and armour as seen in historical depictions, as well as rendering each major clan definitively unique,
    -a huge building project, which will be a key part in bringing the campaign closer to my vision.

There are also other things I intend for v1.0, but best not spoil it all .

One thing I want everyone to bear in mind with v0.5 is that it does not come close to what I intend a final version to be. One point, for example, is the units. I am adding a unit pack on top of revisioned vanilla units for v0.5, yet in v1.0 that will be subject to a huge overhaul (and perhaps again and again in future versions until it appeases me). I am a bit concerned that, despite the first version bearing a significantly wide scope, people will take one look and think it isn't worth their time, thereby crippling their interest in the final version. So, I'm taking a shot here and figuring people would respect frequent build-ups of the campaign, rather than sitting around for what could be months without any cool sekigahara-ness .

By the way, these three may not be as glamorous as Ieyasu or Tadakatsu, but are you guys interested in some more faction leaders?

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Let's see what else I need to do for v0.5....

-Three or so more daimyo to build,
    -Minor clan faction colourings (already have their colour schemes written down, so its just dumping that into relevant tables),
    -Junctioning new buildings to tech tree and implementing the new farm chain country-wide,
    -Polishing off the major factions' scripting,
    -Junctioning revisioned vanilla unit roster to new building chains,
    -Finish up the custom unit component,
    -Complete faction relationship definitions,
    -Polish the political alignment system.

I'd say there are a few other things, too.

Two major parts of v1.0 will include:
    -unit variety for the major clans, which will see the clan crest applied to a soldiers' headwear and armour as seen in historical depictions, as well as rendering each major clan definitively unique,
    -a huge building project, which will be a key part in bringing the campaign closer to my vision.

There are also other things I intend for v1.0, but best not spoil it all .

One thing I want everyone to bear in mind with v0.5 is that it does not come close to what I intend a final version to be. One point, for example, is the units. I am adding a unit pack on top of revisioned vanilla units for v0.5, yet in v1.0 that will be subject to a huge overhaul (and perhaps again and again in future versions until it appeases me). I am a bit concerned that, despite the first version bearing a significantly wide scope, people will take one look and think it isn't worth their time, thereby crippling their interest in the final version. So, I'm taking a shot here and figuring people would respect frequent build-ups of the campaign, rather than sitting around for what could be months without any cool sekigahara-ness .

By the way, these three may not be as glamorous as Ieyasu or Tadakatsu, but are you guys interested in some more faction leaders?
    This sounds great, I'm eagerly anticipating both v0.5 and v1.0!

YES!

I would like to see li Naomasa and the Red Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1747 View Post
    I would like to see li Naomasa and the Red Devils.
    According to the latest internal teasers from Anton, you won't be disappointed

(Yes, there are internal spoilers. He keeps many secrets about his work from us - dark depraved ones no doubt )

Last edited by Robin de Bodemloze; December 18, 2011 at 09:41 PM.

I started with having Naomasa using two shades of red on the underlying clothes and base armour, and a black for the armour knots (and a few other bits). I then tried to make him more relative to an osprey depiction, but I didn't like the look of him as it felt like the whole 'red devil' idea was being crippled. Then comes my third and current take, where his underlying clothes are black and the armour knots are gold (loosely influenced by the aforementioned osprey depiction). Sorry about the gloomy weather . Here he is:

Did you know the only reason Kanetsugu actually wore the Ai maedate was to get Kagekatsu's attention ? Enough tasteless nanshoku references. Here he is:

Here is the young lord Hideie of the Ukita clan. After securing a do-over, he is determined not to spend the new century in prison. The blood-soaked uniform certainly helps .

Patron of Erwin Rommel

Wow that is really impressive! Good work!

Yeah can't wait on release

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

That Red devil armor sure leaves...impression...to their foes...

Ah, i hope with this political alignment system, geishas have shirabyoshi's abilities as political lobbyist and seductress, rather than super-assassins
    But you know...

Finished junctioning units to buildings.

For v0.5, I have made a single roster for every clan, as I don't want to create faction-specific units for v0.5 only to completely rework them when I start work on v1.0. The campaign has taken this long to get to v0.5 due to the depth of planning rather than modding itself, so v1.0 won't take as long to develop.

The rosters themselves can be described in three parts. Firstly, the standard vanilla units are present, with the recruitability of vanilla ronin and wako units. Secondly, all sengoku jidai dlc units are available to any single faction. They are not accessible if you do not have the dlc. Thirdly, I'll also be putting together a nice unit pack. At the moment I have 12 unit concepts, but this may change.

Essentially the philosophy is more units and more frequent availability.

To top off this post, have a little gander at Osaka. I have repurposed the campaign Kyoto fort for Osaka and Odawara (the bases for the Toyotomi and Tokugawa respectively) whilst downgrading the Kyoto fort (all part of my 'Kyoto is Somewhat Insignificant' idea). Oh, and yes, that is the Toyotomi banner.

Patron of Erwin Rommel