Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Historical Rome Total War 1.0 (HRTW) [WIP]

Default Re: Historical Rome Total War 1.0 (HRTW) [WIP]

Looks cool!

Thank you Edorix for the nice Skins and the sources you back up with them.

Edorix's Avatar Civis

Variant with shields and moustaches (likely this one will be in final version):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Slinger Warband (top-tier missile unit)

Here is the low-level slinger unit, for which I have skinned mercenary and rebel version as well.
    (Sorry about the rubbish screenshotting, I was going so hard for the angle I forgot about that stupid blue text you get using movie_cam... anyone know a way to get rid of it???)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Shepherd-Boy Slingers (low-level missile unit)

Addenda:
    -The shield. I made a plain wooden design and then simply varied its hue depending on the faction (slave, merc or britons). There is evidence for round shields in Iron Age Britain, although it was not the norm. I think it is unlikely slingers generally carried shields at all, so I chose the most lightweight type I could think of. For the variant used by the Slinger Warband unit, I decided to keep it simple. The chequered design is found on one of the bronze miniature shields from the Salisbury hoard, and the blue spots... well, they're just spots, it looked a bit plain without them.
    - Models. Really, all I have done with these units is reskin them, because I haven't a clue about modelling. This means that both units have a knife as their secondary weapon. However, I think it would be very cool, if possible, to give the Slinger Warband unit a spear instead; EB2 is doing this for one of their sling units and it looks brilliant. There's no rush with this though, the units are obviously fine without.
    - Unfinished. These guys are not yet polished off. I still have to write the description for the top-tier unit, generate the sprites (doing it now), and make the UI pictures. When all that's done, if anyone needs them to incorporate them into the main build I can send them directly.

Bye for now!
    Last edited by Edorix; June 04, 2012 at 12:19 PM.
    ~ Edorix
    Ancient Briton

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Press "space". Gets rid of it.

Hey guys!Anypony remember me? It's been awhile yes I know, am I on the crEdits for adding all those units and skinning them like over a year ago?

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar15 View Post
    Hey guys!Anypony remember me? It's been awhile yes I know, am I on the crEdits for adding all those units and skinning them like over a year ago?
    Howdy *brohoof*

join the herd now didn't you?

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

I hate these horse lovers...

HRTW isn't what it was.

I am the new mod leader and we started over again,so you are not going to be given any credits.

Quote Originally Posted by - Gandalf - View Post
    I hate these horse lovers...

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Howdy *brohoof*

join the herd now didn't you?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk_lvFJ7Qh8

by this guy: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/member.php?u=95040

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    HRTW isn't what it was.

I am the new mod leader and we started over again,so you are not going to be given any credits.
    Wel congratulations, wait, no credits? All that work i did, seriously, i did it all to be mentioned on the credits, i did, but noo, great...
    Last edited by Caesar15; June 05, 2012 at 05:09 PM.

"Oh derka derka MLP is gay derka derka" Look at you now Nice try resisting though

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Dolphin View Post
    "Oh derka derka MLP is gay derka derka" Look at you now Nice try resisting though
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgmXy-CqXP0

I shall me thou on the battlefield horse lover.

Primo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is not an appropriate thread for discussing ponies.

I do hope the Greeks are well represented in this mod.
    Now where were we, heathen?

Quote Originally Posted by - Gandalf - View Post
    I do hope the Greeks are well represented in this mod.
    Now where were we, heathen?
    Please, quit spamming this thread and deal with tw fact that your a trol and I you watched an episode of mlp you would like it.

Anyway how much has the mod changed, it's the same thread so i cant tell a difference, what happend to ahwol and primo, I remember you, good times.

I already watched an episode. Utter tosh. Don't throw around accusations, I am fully entitled to my opinion.
    Will their be a Marian legion preview? I wanna see their awesomeness.
    Ahowl started his own project.

Wel congratulations, wait, no credits? All that work i did, seriously, i did it all to be mentioned on the credits, i did, but noo, great...
    All the work you have done is vanished along with all the previous team of HRTW.

There is a different team and we have started from the bginning,which means from ground zero.

All the work we have ever done is lost.

Be I said I will never quit form this mod,so I am working day by day when I can and it is going good for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    All the work you have done is vanished along with all the previous team of HRTW.

There is a different team and we have started from the bginning,which means from ground zero.

All the work we have ever done is lost.

Be I said I will never quit form this mod,so I am working day by day when I can and it is going good for us.
    Okay thanks for clearing that up for me.

Edorix's Avatar Civis

Hey Asgaroth. For some reason I can't PM or VM you, so I shall post my reply to your VM here.

Hey edorix, can you maybe find me some portrait of a Briton tribe leader,like Vercingaetorix is to the Gauls ?

I ask you since it is obvious that you are into the Britons and I thought that you can maybe find something.

I need it for the portraits.

If you can,please reply.

Thanks in advance.
    The trouble is that, for Britain, no such things exist. We didn't really do portraits!

I can find you a few pictures of random faces of noblemen however, which might possibly represent historical characters.

http://www.kernunnos.com/images/Belenus.JPG - this coin may represent the tribal leader Cunobelinos, king of the Catuuellauni in the early first century ad.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/images/ps307665_l.jpg - this bronze effigy may represent the tribal leader Cassiuellaunos, who fought off Caesar in the mid-first century bc. This is probably the better choice for HRTW as it is more in the mod's time-period.

These are the most famous. There are others, but none as British in style nor as clear or well-preserved.
    ~ Edorix
    Ancient Briton