Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Start-up Help

Default Start-up Help

I've played this before on my computer before and it was great! It's been a while and I want to play again. So I've downloaded 3.2 onto my laptop and I got it all installed except that it won't start. Any place to start and then we can go from there?

Default Re: Start-up Help

Depends what's happening and what your setup is. It could be simple or it could be a UAC/ windows 7 issue. Take a look here, and see if any of it helps.

Well, it seems that everyone is having the same initial problem I'm having, a black screen for about half a second and then it disappears. Honestly, I'm not sure where to go from there.

'Everyone' may be a bit over the top... So have you followed any of the soloutions in the other threads? It's ususally as simple as the UAC installed the mod into a different folder or some noob forgot to install part 2 etc...

I've downloaded all the parts, what would be correct folder and place to install the mod into?

Hmmm, the current 3.2 version is in 1 part at 809 mb. Your install should look like the picture in the spoiler, here.

All right, it's installed in the correct place.

And does it work? If not go to the Medieval II Total War folder and then into the logs folder. Open the expanded_americas.system.log.txt and paste the last few lines here please.

Does it matter if I have it installed in Program files or program files x86 or even both?

Also 3.2 is a standalone right? Or do I need 3?

Where can I find the log?

It matters if it doesn't work. Try the launcher (medieval2.expanded_americas3_2.bat) in the expanded_americas3.2 folder. If that works, your install path doesn't match the shortcut. You can create a new one from the launcher and drag it to your desktop.

Yes 3.2 is a full version.

I already told you where the log should be.

Ok.. So if it matters which place should I have it installed into? Because it looks like it's installed in both.

I opened the log folder and it was empty.

I also tried the .bat launcher, but got the same results; the small black screen shows for about half a second and disappears.

So you have 2 instances of M2 installed???
    My guess at this point is it's a UAC issue. Check Gigantus's links in the thread I linked to in post 2 after that your on your own.

I believe it is, but only 1 instance is the instance that actually runs the game.

I've looked through the threads and I can't find anything to help, because I don't know where to start or where I went wrong, I installed it as per the instructions.
    Last edited by B2WxCollateral; November 13, 2011 at 12:24 PM.

My only advice is to re-install both M2 and the mod with your UAC turned off.

You do know what the UAC is? And why it's likely to be the problem from what you've read in the link I gave you?

I have got another problem, and I didnt saw somebody else who hate it too. I'm not a computer hero so perhaps I have made a mistake.. But I just installed this mod, and when I go and play with France of Spain or whatever I hear strange tttttshhhhhhjjjjjjj sounds when I click on the scroll to make buildings in your city. And after some minits the mod stops and tells me: Medieval 2 total war doesnt work anymore.
    My computer had windows 7 and I can play shogun 2 and empire without any lagg.
    Can anyone help me, or show where I have made a mistake?

No, if there is nothing in the log to help I'd suggest a re-install.

Well, I reinstall everything and it works fine now. But when I defended with Engeland against Ireland all what should be my unit carts and my rader was white.

What should I do?

And I have tried to fight a battle in the normal medieval 2 total war, and there it works fine.
    Last edited by Eothese; March 17, 2012 at 05:53 AM.

Apply the display fix, there is a DisplayReadMe.txt file and a display folder in the expanded americas folder. follow the directions within.

Sorry, I dont understand it completely. Do I need to copy UI folder and paste it in the main data file from medieval 2?

btw, is your book in dutch too? I would like to read it...
    Last edited by Eothese; March 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Essentially yes, you need the 3 files in the ui folder in your main M2 data folder whichever way you want to do it.

The book is only in English atm, sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast