Default Re: GRANTOZ OIM VER.3

dont worry about missing files im doing some checking and uploading

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    dont worry about missing files im doing some checking and uploading
    Excellent thank you. I would really like to start playing this mod today

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

should be possible , and guys make sure you get a 'click yes to all' every time you add a part , also Bi or bi should not make any difference as these files have been the same from the start ,also if you play on barbarian invasion there is no need to install the alexander patch ,it is possible there is a problem running on bi and i am looking at it as i speak , cheers

ok iv tested on rtw gold bi exe oim and no problems , all files are reuploaded and must be instaled in order , good luck
    Last edited by GRANTO; December 26, 2011 at 12:02 PM.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

just tried again,still freezes my PC,suspect a bug on gamefront tied to this IP adress,will have to wait till i get a new computer.

I installed the new patch, but I still experience a CTD when I click to end the turn.

I should also add, that there is an instruction in the installation telling us to delete the "operationan "nm"", which is what I did. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I should also add, that there is an instruction in the installation telling us to delete the "operationan "nm"", which is what I did. Is that correct?
    rick i pmd you

Quote Originally Posted by johnswan View Post
    just tried again,still freezes my PC,suspect a bug on gamefront tied to this IP adress,will have to wait till i get a new computer.
    johnswan i will send you an alternative link by pm for megaupload if theres a problem here i want to get to the root
    Last edited by GRANTO; December 26, 2011 at 05:23 PM.

Got you pm and responded.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

johnswan i will send you an alternative link by pm for megaupload if theres a problem here i want to get to the root
    thanks v much,have had no probs with megaupload,could be my PC versus gamefront

5.{optional}play GRANTOZ OIM ON THE ALEXANDER ENGINE
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21115...R+grantoz+3.7z alex.exe features :SMOOTHER GAMEPLAY, AI RETRAINING ITS OWN UNITS, BETTER NAVAL AI ,LESS CTD , BUT GAME LOSES THE NOGAI HORDE.AND SWIMMING OPTION AND HORDING

....G

Since I have never played Rome before I would like to ask a few questions. I would love to play with better AL but what exactly would I lose. The nogai horde will completely disappear from the game or I just won't be able to play them? What is hording? Is it a possibility to take my "people" and move to other area after loosing all my settlements? What does swimming do ? Can my cavalry units swimm? Is it usefull in the mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    Works great for me with the Alex exe, and I'm well on my way to losing my first campaign.
    Cyprian2,
    What does you pathway string look like in the "properties" section of your Alex shortcut?

Default Re: GRANTOZ OIM VER.2

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    On a side note: I noticed a funny little bug while besieging one of the Crimean cities. If i chose "attempt a night attack," my canon were completely useless against the walls––running out of ammo before inflicting any damage! I replayed the battle (fighting in daylight this time) and pummelled the walls to rubble in no time. Weird, huh? Also, I'm wondering if there's a way to translate the Spanish end of turn notifications into English. It's not a big deal, though, since I'm using them to brush up on my Spanish.
    Apologies for the delayed response ... but if you wear a siege guns, is that they are at least two batteries (with one, you do nothing, night or day), and uses the same, first, to blast the nearby towers (in OiM the ballista towers are activated is not difficult to turn them off, but the siege would be easily won by the human attacker), first burst on the towers, and uses the two batteries together on each target (not separated), when it breaks 2 towers closest to the points where attack your towers or ladders, then turn with your two cannons at the entrance gate to override gate ballista ... In OiM, use the cannons to break down the walls, it's just a waste.

greetings.

Quote Originally Posted by -Arturo- View Post
    Since I have never played Rome before I would like to ask a few questions. I would love to play with better AL but what exactly would I lose. The nogai horde will completely disappear from the game or I just won't be able to play them? What is hording? Is it a possibility to take my "people" and move to other area after loosing all my settlements? What does swimming do ? Can my cavalry units swimm? Is it usefull in the mod?
    i would suggest alex is better with my oim version , the nogia will still be there they will be rebels and non playable but the alex engine is smoother and the ai retrains its own units and uses its field armys better and naval invasions better

i would suggest alex is better with my oim version , the nogia will still be there they will be rebels and non playable but the alex engine is smoother and the ai retrains its own units and uses its field armys better and naval invasions better
    Ok, then Alex engine it is. Thanks.

Wow, great mod! I'm a big fan of the time period, as it was the golden age of Poland! No total war game ever managed to capture the importance of Poland in European history... Medieval touched upon it, but Poland truly emerges as an imperial power during the Renaissance. It's really fun trying to prevent and quell the uprisings in Ukraine.

Thank you for both the English translation and RS environments package!

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    Wow, great mod! I'm a big fan of the time period, as it was the golden age of Poland! No total war game ever managed to capture the importance of Poland in European history... Medieval touched upon it, but Poland truly emerges as an imperial power during the Renaissance. It's really fun trying to prevent and quell the uprisings in Ukraine.

Thank you for both the English translation and RS environments package!
    cheers enjoy ,i am currently focusing on tha ai behaviour at the moment and have made a script similar to the one in res bellicae tw this script resets the ai during a battle making it make different choices and adapt to the battle better and to try flanking movements , tests are looking very good and i will impement it into this mod as soon as im happy with it

cheers enjoy ,i am currently focusing on tha ai behaviour at the moment and have made a script similar to the one in res bellicae tw this script resets the ai during a battle making it make different choices and adapt to the battle better and to try flanking movements , tests are looking very good and i will impement it into this mod as soon as im happy with it
    How is the work going? Are the AI improvements working correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by -Arturo- View Post
    How is the work going? Are the AI improvements working correctly?
    yeah , theres certainly a noticable difference in the ai changing its mind , the script seems to reset the ai and it makes a new plan , still lots of testing to do but very in interesting indeed , if anything so far its making the battles more unpredictable as the ai seems to change course and pull back and flank , so we shall see