Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: GRANTOZ OIM VER.3.1.4 {beta submod conversion}

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: GRANTOZ OIM VER.2

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    next patch will see transalvanyian ,zapo coassacks and army of don campaigns very much playable and enjoyable , i have given these factions a mining economy{which has some historical evidence i have found} and now they have a chance to stand up for themselves {but its still a challenge} and a more immersive campaign , and many thanks to JOHNSWAN who has undertaken the rest of the english text files and done a grand job and is now converting the dreaded 'event strings file' which i was not looking forward to doing myself , thanks johnswan , were well on the way to having complete english throughout the whole mod .

Cheers mate,
    i`m working thru it slowly,just trying to make it sound a bit more 16th-17th century so `gods` become `God`,`Pharoah`becomes `King` etc,etc.Some of the language is ok as it was as it could work for any era.Also removing any reference to `Romans`,`Senate`etc

`progress report` - have now got as far as `buildings captured`
    hope to finish before xmas.

http://youtu.be/OQXzuaO_CQM

http://youtu.be/N4wG5HoOJqA
    Last edited by johnswan; December 07, 2011 at 06:36 AM. Reason: progress report

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by johnswan View Post
    Cheers mate,
    i`m working thru it slowly,just trying to make it sound a bit more 16th-17th century so `gods` become `God`,`Pharoah`becomes `King` etc,etc.Some of the language is ok as it was as it could work for any era.Also removing any reference to `Romans`,`Senate`etc
    great work mate

enjoy , more to come soon
    WOW,that's good news!

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

I reinstalled everything like you said,but still the same problem...it goes to the faction selection menu and after i click the faction it goes back to desktop.
    lol...i'm not a noob in mods or modding myself...but this is beyond me...
    There is no error log,so i dont know what the issue is.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    I reinstalled everything like you said,but still the same problem...it goes to the faction selection menu and after i click the faction it goes back to desktop.
    lol...i'm not a noob in mods or modding myself...but this is beyond me...
    There is no error log,so i dont know what the issue is.
    yeah rite mate , nobody else has reported this , ok , is it xp or win 7 you are using ? is it rome tw gold or rtw +bi? , did you put -show_err on the pathway command line? that crash usualy happens because something in the descr_strat is not right , theres been 100 downloads in the last week and nobody has had that problem , if you pm i will help you to resolve it because i know how sh#t it is when a mod wont run properly

yeah rite mate , nobody else has reported this , ok , is it xp or win 7 you are using ? is it rome tw gold or rtw +bi? , did you put -show_err on the pathway command line? that crash usualy happens because something in the descr_strat is not right , theres been 100 downloads in the last week and nobody has had that problem , if you pm i will help you to resolve it because i know how sh#t it is when a mod wont run properly
    win 7...rtw-bi..retail version
    I just put -show_err behind it...no message after ctd...
    Deleting map.rmw...didn't help either.
    I really dont know where it went wrong.I'm not new to rtw mods...so i know how to fix some things,but here i just dont know what tthe prob is...since it goes into the mod.
    Some descriptions of the faction menu's are still old roman ones...am i right?
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.

win 7...rtw-bi..retail version
    I just put -show_err behind it...no message after ctd...
    Deleting map.rmw...didn't help either.
    I really dont know where it went wrong.I'm not new to rtw mods...so i know how to fix some things,but here i just dont know what tthe prob is...since it goes into the mod.
    Some descriptions of the faction menu's are still old roman ones...am i right?
    ah wait a moment no they are not , are you playing main campaign ? do not play that on bi , play the bottom selection provincial campaigns i think it is and select oim campaign through that channel

ah wait a moment no they are not , are you playing main campaign ? do not play that on bi , play the bottom selection provincial campaigns i think it is and select oim campaign through that channel
    Yup...lolzzz...after so many years of exp in rtw mods,i failed for that one hahahaha...
    Thx for helping me out

It starts fine now,but when i closed the game i got an error message:

Script Error in bi/data/world/map/campaign/Oim/descr_strat.txt
    at line 1191 column 31
    resource silver positioned on 30,184
    wich is an invalid tile

I start it again and will check how far i come without crashing

Edit: I forgot to activate the script the first time,man i'm such a noob sometimes hahahaha

Another question...i play on hard campaign,as prussia how do i fight off the danes and austria at the same time?
    And now i was so stupid to accept a alliance with the russians...and they are an enemy of poland...damn,now he is gathering on my borders to...great lol
    Last edited by inquisitor; December 03, 2011 at 09:08 PM.

Yup...lolzzz...after so many years of exp in rtw mods,i failed for that one hahahaha...
    Thx for helping me out

It starts fine now,but when i closed the game i got an error message:

Script Error in bi/data/world/map/campaign/Oim/descr_strat.txt
    at line 1191 column 31
    resource silver positioned on 30,184
    wich is an invalid tile

I start it again and will check how far i come without crashing

Edit: I forgot to activate the script the first time,man i'm such a noob sometimes hahahaha

Another question...i play on hard campaign,as prussia how do i fight off the danes and austria at the same time?
    And now i was so stupid to accept a alliance with the russians...and they are an enemy of poland...damn,now he is gathering on my borders to...great lol
    good , the script error is harmless and comes from the 1.2 version a silver mine is on a wrong tile . the next patch will have sorted that, to activate the script , click faction summary then show me hoe on the advisor, i personaly have not got round to playing prussia but as for the small factions they are very difficult to play in this build , i have given them more of a fighting chance in the next patch , but im sure you will agree its looking good so far
    Last edited by GRANTO; December 04, 2011 at 09:18 AM.

good , the script error is harmless and comes from the 1.2 version the next patch will hane sorted that, to activate the script , click faction summary then show me hoe on the advisor, i personaly have not got round to playing prussia but as for the small factions they are very difficult to play in this build , i have given them more of a fighting chance in the next patch , but im sure you will agree its looking good so far
    It looks great man
    And now i have to get used to the army's....i lost against a rebel yesterday,didn't expect that the enemy general could waste so many of my cav

yes i have gave the battle mechanics an overhaul to make the battles longer and more intense , in the next patch i have tweaked this even more for large battles that can last 10-20 minutes , i would recommend playing hard/very hard for full effect , but as i said in the current state the small factions have a mamoth task but the next patch will see them with mining economys.i also have a 12tpy script to finish off and release and hope to add late units from ewtw to each faction.

I noticed that the cities and towns population seems a bit low. Is this historical?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I noticed that the cities and towns population seems a bit low. Is this historical?
    untouched by me , these are oim original populations by the creators i havent got that far yet

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Had my first `crash `today,it was 1588 and my Hungarian`s had just repulsed an Ottoman siege,when i clicked on Ozeck afterwards i got a black screen and error message,will auto -resolve that turn and carry on, i should point out i am using a downloaded version of Rome/BI-Gold with no disk,save game attached if anyone wants to try it out

Had my first `crash `today,it was 1588 and my Hungarian`s had just repulsed an Ottoman siege,when i clicked on Ozeck afterwards i got a black screen and error message,will auto -resolve that turn and carry on, i should point out i am using a downloaded version of Rome/BI-Gold with no disk,save game attached if anyone wants to try it out
    i will have a look at your save , the odd crash is okay and even happens on the original rtw/bi/alex but if it becomes a reccurent theme then there is a problem , cheers for letting me know

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

no worries,
    i have just found out that the city of Osijek causes the problem,i destroyed some buildings there so maybe that`s it.What i`ve done is abandon the city before playing a turn and have moved on to 1589 so at least i wont get anymore probs from that.Still havent had an actual crah to desktop as such,more like freezes.

no worries,
    i have just found out that the city of Osijek causes the problem,i destroyed some buildings there so maybe that`s it.What i`ve done is abandon the city before playing a turn and have moved on to 1589 so at least i wont get anymore probs from that.Still havent had an actual crah to desktop as such,more like freezes.
    good news i just played your save game on my new patch {which is oim 1.31 effectivly} alex exe and there seems to be no problems , played 15 years no fail and no problem with Osijek here are some of the units from the next patch {i think }
    Last edited by GRANTO; December 08, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

michell's Avatar Tiro

Hi GRANTO
    first - wonderful work with this mod
    second - how to recruit Husaria and other late units in campaign?
    Thanks for answer

Quote Originally Posted by michell View Post
    Hi GRANTO
    first - wonderful work with this mod
    second - how to recruit Husaria and other late units in campaign?
    Thanks for answer
    hi michell , yes and thank you , the makers of oim done a great piece of work and this is my vision of it , late units are linked to the building tree , i cant remember of the top of my head but i think late hussar are linked to elite stables and royal palace , certain buildings will trigger a reform for some factions also , Archaeopterix would probably be able to give you a detailed answer enjoy

Having a great campaign at present as the Zaporozhian cossacks (my third!), although I ran into a frustrating CTD after a heroic victory against the Crimean Tatars. I'd been besieging their main city in Crimea (can't think of the name right now, but it's in the cossacks' faction objectives) and, after being attacked by––and utterly annihilating––two full stacks, I clicked on my general and got a CTD. At first, I thought that it was due to the graphics being overtaxed (as we all know happens in RTW), but then I fought (and won) the battle for a second time and CTDed in the same way as the first. It might have something to do with mercenary pools in that region, since both times I was looking to see which mercenaries were available. Suffice it to say, I left my general alone after that and the problem seems to have resolved itself. Anyway, this has been my first persistent CTD in what has otherwise been a very pleasant and stable gaming experience.

I'm still playing on the RTW-BI engine. I've decided to wait for the new patch before making the transition to ALX. Also, and quite contrary to my expectations, I actually enjoy having the Nogai Horde around, since it forces you to keep on your toes. The campaign should be renamed: "Diplomacy and Intimidation."

Still, I can't wait for that patch!

EDIT: Aha! I pinned it down. The CTD happens when viewing the settlement details for the city of Bakhchisarài -- happens as soon as I click on the unit training button.

LAST EDIT: It's also happening with Or Boynu –– whenever I click the unit button. I haven't had this problem with these cities in my other campaigns, which is weird, considering this is the exact same install.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; December 09, 2011 at 02:06 AM.