Thread: photos and writing

Default photos and writing

sorry if this is in the wrong place but im trying to write an aar and im confused as how to place my photos on fraps into the word document. if anyone could help that would be great, sorry again if im being a computer spaz

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: photos and writing

Are you planning to copy your text in to a post? If you are you should upload your pictures and place them in the post where you want them to be. Use ImageShack to upload them.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

testing out lol

Last edited by Radzeer; January 28, 2012 at 06:20 PM.

You need to use the "direct link" inside the IMG tags.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3782/...laststand9.jpg

The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Interesting... I tried to edit the post and the image did not show up.

Edit: Got it.
    Last edited by Radzeer; January 28, 2012 at 06:20 PM.

Hey, I just wanted to expand on this, I have no issue with getting pictures on here from imageshack, however when I upload them to here they are small, like thumbnail size, and increasing them makes the quality unbearable. I uploaded them to imageshack in the lowest + highest size so I'm not sure how to get them big on here without reducing the quality. I've did a few chapters of my AAR and wanted to upload a few images aswell as my writing.

Quote Originally Posted by NEXUS12 View Post
    Hey, I just wanted to expand on this, I have no issue with getting pictures on here from imageshack, however when I upload them to here they are small, like thumbnail size, and increasing them makes the quality unbearable. I uploaded them to imageshack in the lowest + highest size so I'm not sure how to get them big on here without reducing the quality. I've did a few chapters of my AAR and wanted to upload a few images aswell as my writing.
    You need to find the direct link from imageshack, NOT the linked images which come in the shape of thumbnails. Put the direct link in [IMG] tags and they should come out fine.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

When I click 'view picture' on imageshack to enlarge it, and then copy the link into the insert picture option when posting a post, it comes up broken and won't show the image. When I use the 'Get code for forums' option, that is when they appear as the thumbnails. I have a feeling I am missing the simple way to do it but wth

Go to "My images", click on the "i" button beside the picture you want, and in the window that opens select and copy the link after "Direct:". That's the one you should use not the "code for forums" thing. You need to do this after you've signed into your account mind.

Oh yeah, works perfect. Cheers man

Congrats! Look forward to seeing your AAR

It's here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=520824.

I am just hoping to reach 25 posts soon so I can put the URL in my sig. Also, I am going to read your Takeda AAR after I complete this Oda campaign, as I plan on takkling Takeda next