Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Days of The Third Age of Middle-Earth (M&B mod)

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Last Days of The Third Age of Middle-Earth (M&B mod)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    Nah the prob is I cannot load it at all no more, it is my save-game, and the game crashes when i click on restore save-game, so I cannot even get in to cheat them out
    I simply started a new campaign, my nme is Magluc Meneater now
    At around 200 days the scoots will start filling up the map, effectively blowing up the system.
    (Have fun hunting them down and eat them for breakfast!)
    Aure entuluva!

Unfortunately, the mod still requires much work. Bugs is killing all the fun from the later game.
    In the first game I got to 300 day - played as Isengard. I destroyed Rohan and I was preparing for godnor. Unfortunately, number of scouts broked my save and game do not want to load.
    Sieges with up to 500 soldiers in a battle (battle sizer) are epic. My siege of Edoras was great (I do not know why, but the hosts did not go to Helm's Deep).
    It is a pity that you can not participate in the defense of the most interesting castles. Enemy Ai does not use the advantage - despite the fact that it was very late game, mordor freze on Cair Andros wich was conquered in 50-th day.

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by e0s888 View Post
    Unfortunately, the mod still requires much work. Bugs is killing all the fun from the later game.
    In the first game I got to 300 day - played as Isengard. I destroyed Rohan and I was preparing for godnor. Unfortunately, number of scouts broked my save and game do not want to load.
    Sieges with up to 500 soldiers in a battle (battle sizer) are epic. My siege of Edoras was great (I do not know why, but the hosts did not go to Helm's Deep).
    It is a pity that you can not participate in the defense of the most interesting castles. Enemy Ai does not use the advantage - despite the fact that it was very late game, mordor freze on Cair Andros wich was conquered in 50-th day.
    if i may ask, how the hell did you do that? going as far a to destroy Rohan, that is. in MY Isengard campaing, i got my ass handed to me on a silver plate repitedly, and then i had to start from scratch time and again. It was a constant struggle, but by the time i got to level 8, i did managed to get a nice army.... but then Rohan walked over me yet again in the very first chance they had, and i was so frustrated and tired that i just started a new campaing with Gondor.

Lexstatiivi's Avatar Laetus

I tried to run the mod with il: Didnt work. Then i moved the files from data folder to data folder: Didnt work.
    Theres a some kind of promblem with textures. It shows me a RGL error every time the game loads textures.
    I'm able to run the native version and other mods just fine. Maybe a missing file?
    Can't wiev the error because when i try to open it the screen is just black (Waited for 20mins).
    All help is welcome!

Is there still any chance to buy the original mount & blade? Because on Taleswords Homepage I can just buy warband.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Mount and Blade (a so called Demo) is downloadable for free. This "demo" has no resctrictions though, it is the full Mount and Blade, oen can only not advance hsi character past level 7 I think, but it is of no importance anyways as you (probably) won't play it only TLD with it, no ?!

And I think Steam has M6B still as offer...

About the RGL error; you did manually copy all neccessary files to the right direction ? Check it again if everything is really like decribed in the manuals.
    Also did youd ownlaod the enhanced version ? It is much more stable, install the mod on the enhanced version of M&B.
    Afterwards, follow this: http://mbx.streetofeyes.com/index.php/topic,2520.0.html

It solved the problem for almost everyone with RGL errors (including myslef).
    I have not had a single crash in the game or battle itself.

I've got the enhanced version and all the correct files copied.
    Tried that quide didnt work =(
    Maybe someone with a working game could upload his/her texture file?

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

there's nothing better than playing as a hot elven chick. shame the game is so bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    there's nothing better than playing as a hot elven chick. shame the game is so bugged.
    It's more beta than anything else- hell EA would make people pay for something like this.
    It's improving still- look for the next hotfix

Quote Originally Posted by Lexstatiivi View Post
    I've got the enhanced version and all the correct files copied.
    Tried that quide didnt work =(
    Maybe someone with a working game could upload his/her texture file?
    I suppose the downloads are good- how do you put the texture files in?
    The different things are supposed to go inside different places.
    And also try using the IronLauncher provided inside the TLD Module folder.
    (If you're playing other module, I believe doing the manual copying will screw the game...)
    Last edited by KnightsTemplar; November 19, 2011 at 06:00 AM.
    Aure entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by maxi90 View Post
    if i may ask, how the hell did you do that? going as far a to destroy Rohan, that is. in MY Isengard campaing, i got my ass handed to me on a silver plate repitedly, and then i had to start from scratch time and again. It was a constant struggle, but by the time i got to level 8, i did managed to get a nice army.... but then Rohan walked over me yet again in the very first chance they had, and i was so frustrated and tired that i just started a new campaing with Gondor.
    The hardest part is the begining. I tried this strategy:
    1. Raise lvl to something around 15-20 (farm little scout parties, help hosts in bigger battles). With this lvl you will be able to stand longer on battlefield.
    2. In my game isengard was fighting with rohan with no advances to 50 turn. Then they laid siege to west ement. And now i think is the most important thing. The ,,babysitting" of hosts If you let them besige town (and you won't help them) they will be probably attacked by theoden host - casulties will be around 100-200 and then isengard hosts will fall back due to not enough army size for siege.
    I advice to scout sieged town in bigger distance, and when you see any rohan host, go closer to him. When he take you as a target, you should drive with him (tracking you) to isengard - all scouts, war parties will attack him, and you can join battle when numbers will match .
    3. Join host missions on war campaign - If you complete 2 of them and wait maybe 1 or 2 days, all hosts armies will attack and host will call for you.

Repeat this for all sieges and I hope now you will be able to wipe out rohan too Battle in edoras is epic

I managed to destroy rohan in something around 80 days with this tactic. Shame that isengard host and mordor do nothing on gondor land (I played 50 days there till my saves stop working).

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlon View Post
    Is there still any chance to buy the original mount & blade? Because on Taleswords Homepage I can just buy warband.

Look at the left side I think under there is Mount&Blade Mount & Blade with fire and sword Mount&blade Warband just click the right icon then try to buy and you get the game you wanted

Borussia Dortmund fan

I used the il witch came with the TLD download?
    I mean the TLD mod folder has a Texture folder inside it and because my game load fails when the textures are being loaded and other mods work fine it might be my texture folder being corrupt or something.
    Now i was able to read the rgl error message: Get shader failed for: Windy Flora.
    Last edited by Lexstatiivi; November 20, 2011 at 02:04 AM.

maxi90's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by e0s888 View Post
    The hardest part is the begining. I tried this strategy:
    1. Raise lvl to something around 15-20 (farm little scout parties, help hosts in bigger battles). With this lvl you will be able to stand longer on battlefield.
    2. In my game isengard was fighting with rohan with no advances to 50 turn. Then they laid siege to west ement. And now i think is the most important thing. The ,,babysitting" of hosts If you let them besige town (and you won't help them) they will be probably attacked by theoden host - casulties will be around 100-200 and then isengard hosts will fall back due to not enough army size for siege.
    I advice to scout sieged town in bigger distance, and when you see any rohan host, go closer to him. When he take you as a target, you should drive with him (tracking you) to isengard - all scouts, war parties will attack him, and you can join battle when numbers will match .
    3. Join host missions on war campaign - If you complete 2 of them and wait maybe 1 or 2 days, all hosts armies will attack and host will call for you.

Repeat this for all sieges and I hope now you will be able to wipe out rohan too Battle in edoras is epic

I managed to destroy rohan in something around 80 days with this tactic. Shame that isengard host and mordor do nothing on gondor land (I played 50 days there till my saves stop working).
    yeah but for me the hardest thing was to get an stable army, and itīs happening again with my new campaing with gundabad: i get a good number of troops, win more than a few battles, and then, when i am least prepared, one guy revolts, defeats me, and takes control of 2/3 of my army (the better 2/3, may i add) itīs so frigging frustrating... i think i am stiking with the more civilized factions for the time being

Baby baby baby! Got it working now listening to some LZ and playing TLD!!!
    I just reinstalled enhanced version and redownloaded TLD Still didnt work with IL but manually moving the files it started working =)

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

dose anyone of you get a RGL Error when loading the game?

I had. Follow this if IL doesent work then use way 2.
    http://pospabr.sweb.cz/TLD-3.0-ManualFAQ.html

Quote Originally Posted by baz44331 View Post
    dose anyone of you get a RGL Error when loading the game?
    Refer to the person above you-

Use the IronLauncher and move the files manually to be safe.

Check out the FAQ document.

EDIT: ninja'd lol
    Aure entuluva!

bahhahahaha yes sorry

edit thx guys!

Work perfect thx guys, this will keep me going for a wile.

Started playing yesterday. Alot of fun. Even if a bit hard to start off. Definitively don't want to lose a battle real early on. You seem to be far more likely to lose your weapons and armor. It really sucks to wake up as an elf with no arrows or sword or a gondorian with no sword at all. And no horsey to start... Still alot of fun.

For those having problems with the ironlauncher try running it as an administrator. I was getting the an RGL error but it works if I run as admin.