Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Days of The Third Age of Middle-Earth (M&B mod)

Default Re: The Last Days of The Third Age of Middle-Earth (M&B mod)

Save often (choose the option that lets you) because it's already crashed a couple times for me. Also it starts slow, apparently the war doesn't start until you reach a certain level.

True, it crashes right at the beginning of some random battles. U need to save a lot. Currently playing in Gondor, and I love it. Settlements are also very good. I stood on top of Minas Tirith and it felt as I was standing next to Pippin and Gandalf.
    It feels immersive, you really have the feeling of being in Middle Earth. The quests make sense. Voice acting is also very well done!
    This is my new addiction until 3.0 comes!

Very awesome. Playing as an Uruk-Hai and have a ton of "Maggoty Bread" stocked up just in hopes an orc tells me they've had nothing to eat but maggoty bread for three stinkin days. But honestly very cool mod. I was given a mission to hunt down a orc traitor who killed one of Saruman's bodyguards. I found him and when the engagement started it hit me how races of orcs feel totally different. Being an uruk-hai I hulked over this poor snaga. He pulled out a short sword and before he had a chance to swing I brought down my two handed sword on his puny head. Was awesome.

Groovy

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

I downloaded it as well, everything works perfectly, except: I do not get a mouse icon displayed.
    I have reinstalled everythign three times, redownlaoded to check whether the files were corrupted, nothing. When the laoding screen appears i still see the mouse, whenever the main mnue gets shown it is gone. All I have for oriantation to know "where my mosue is atm" is the text highlight. But it makes the game almost unplayable when you don't see your mouse on the map etc.. takes all so logn to click somehtign and if you have to react rather fast you are ed....

I have no idea what is causing this, I was thinking about aksing someone who knows some stuff about this whether i could try to not use the customed TLD mosue icons as for vanilla M&B it worked just fine...

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    I downloaded it as well, everything works perfectly, except: I do not get a mouse icon displayed.
    I have reinstalled everythign three times, redownlaoded to check whether the files were corrupted, nothing. When the laoding screen appears i still see the mouse, whenever the main mnue gets shown it is gone. All I have for oriantation to know "where my mosue is atm" is the text highlight. But it makes the game almost unplayable when you don't see your mouse on the map etc.. takes all so logn to click somehtign and if you have to react rather fast you are ed....

I have no idea what is causing this, I was thinking about aksing someone who knows some stuff about this whether i could try to not use the customed TLD mosue icons as for vanilla M&B it worked just fine...
    What 'program' you used to launch it?
    And also what the mouse look like when it's in the loading screen?

BTW Sometimes when the screen flashes(you 'jumped' out of the game) this would happen.
    (Besides I discovered a small bug: Corsair Swordsmaster has no armour at all.)
    Aure entuluva!

Dokka's Avatar Civis

and the 'mordor sword' is overpowered (or no), i kick ass with it as a black numenorian.

This game is pretty balanced, IMO.
    Armour are not too crazy like the vanillia game- mail+huscarl large shield=OMFG

In this game, the armour are weakened- no more plates around, and shields are fewer than ot used to be.
    So, a normal played should be able to slay some personally instead of being stuck among tons of derp.
    Aure entuluva!

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Have you tried to change your graphics settings, updating your mouse driver or, if you are using a proprietary mouse driver, tried using the standard Windows mouse driver?
    You may want to try this if it applies in your case:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...tml#msg2680774
    Last edited by Stylix; November 05, 2011 at 08:07 AM.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

I have a question can you change you're *master* Like when you're Dunedain ranger from Elrond to Denethor?

Borussia Dortmund fan

Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    I have a question can you change you're *master* Like when you're Dunedain ranger from Elrond to Denethor?
    Only if your own faction gets killed off and you can't switch alignments (evil to good and vice versa).

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

Have you tried deleting TLD's custom mouse cursor? "cursor.dds" is located in TLD\Textures. That way you may be able to at least see the vanilla one. This is coming from somewhere on their forum, or Taleworlds. I can't remember.

Does someone else experience weird water bug on strategic and battle map? Rivers and seas are in colour of rainbow or reflects strange coloured things. Maybe any solution? I use echanced 1.011.
    Last edited by Derfail; November 05, 2011 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derfail View Post
    Does someone else experience weird water bug on strategic and battle map? Rivers and seas are in colour of rainbow or reflects strange coloured things. Maybe any solution? I use echanced 1.011.
    I think it may have something to do with DirextX/ video card issues?
    I used to have this, too(when the sun rise, the reflection fails).
    No longer happens when I switched a new one. (Upgarde yay!)
    Now it appears to be black though.
    Aure entuluva!

Guys, I manually moved the files to Mount and Blade directory (Ironlauncher wasn't working for me) and have none of the problems any of you are reporting. If you want a more stable version of TLD, I would suggest doing it manually.

Groovy

Dokka's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    What do you mean? The way people calls you?

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

I just followed the instructions and it works perfectly, no bugs no crashes. I've already played about 12 hours of it, and I love it!
    It's like when you play TATW and think to yourself "I wish I could teleport down and join the ranks of archers shooting at the enemy, or pick up a lance and charge at a horde of orcs, or talk to this character" etc. TLD is the other half of TATW - the experience is very similar, it feels really authentic and epic! TATW and TLD - best LOTR games ever, period.

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Dokka View Post
    What do you mean? The way people calls you?
    In vanilla you can choose the leader/faction who you want to ''work'' for anytime during your campaign. This isn't the case in this mod. You must choose your faction at the start of a new campaign. During your campaign you can't choose the work for another leader unless your faction gets whiped out, like J-A-L explained.
    Last edited by Baron Samedi; November 05, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TiFlo View Post
    Have you tried deleting TLD's custom mouse cursor? "cursor.dds" is located in TLD\Textures. That way you may be able to at least see the vanilla one. This is coming from somewhere on their forum, or Taleworlds. I can't remember.
    Worked
    Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reapir View Post
    Guys, I manually moved the files to Mount and Blade directory (Ironlauncher wasn't working for me) and have none of the problems any of you are reporting. If you want a more stable version of TLD, I would suggest doing it manually.
    The problem is that I moved files manually exactly as manual says. Hmmm.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

does it work on v1.0003?