Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Last Days of The Third Age of Middle-Earth (M&B mod)

Default Re: The Last Days of The Third Age of Middle-Earth (M&B mod)

yeah PJ made elves look so nicely made and same with everything so far i'm sure he wont disapoint people in "The Hobbit"

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by Merlkir View Post
    And yes, I lurk around once in a while. I'm not sure if TATW devs are ok with a thread about TLD being in their subforum though.
    heh, this sub-forum has been the haven for Tolkienists long before TLD thread was opened here

@ALL: that goes for you too, we're super pumped to see someone actually plays a game this old and enjoys what we made.
    there are still many people who care about gameplay more than some fancy last-gen graphics (not to say TLD looks bad, quite the opposite )

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post

there are still many people who care about gameplay more than some fancy last-gen graphics (not to say TLD looks bad, quite the opposite )
    I feel like this was directed at me. And whether it was or not, I just want to get this point across. I LOVE Mount and Blade. I think it has potential to become one of the greatest games one day. And to love M&B, you can't worry about graphics too much as we all know they aren't the best. I could care less if the graphics were amazing in TLD mod, it still wouldn't be my cup of tea. Because what I am talking about is the STYLE not the graphics themselves. Because the current style of the mod pulls the immersion out of the mod for me, and that IS an important factor of gameplay. Just making this clear. I have a low end PC, all my games have low graphics .

Groovy

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

nah, nothing directed at you, really, mate

Hallow's Avatar Ducenarius

Wish this was for Warband.
    "Romans regarded peace not as an absence of war, but the rare situation that existed when all opponents had been beaten down and lost the ability to resist."

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    nah, nothing directed at you, really, mate
    Yeah I wasn't sure but like I said either way I wanted to get that point across. After reading my previous post I thought someone could think I was some kind of graphics whore or something.

Groovy

well every Tolkien mod/game are inspired by the movies, you cant really do stuff from the books... just impossible your imagination is what creates that.

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wowwars View Post
    well every Tolkien mod/game are inspired by the movies, you cant really do stuff from the books... just impossible your imagination is what creates that.

It's been around for a long time.
    The movie is successful, but it doesn't mean that it's all correct and 'right'.
    Aure entuluva!

Does it have to be correct & right? no they own the story now the hobbit will be better since now they can change the story a bit.

TiFlo's Avatar Semisalis

Wowwars, you're funny.

Any news on it being ported to warband???

KnightsTemplar's Avatar Campidoctor

It just a mod, if you don't like it, you can just NOT play it.
    And bah they don't OWN the story.

I am now glad that Tolkien's didn't sell the MULTIMEDIA RIGHTS of the Sil to those bastards.
    If they did the butchering would be unimaginable.
    Hey it got Beren and Luthien! ROMANCE PLOTZ!

---
    The Warband port may happen in the future, but still the original M&B is the current main focus, and some feature require 'workarounds on the original engine'.
    So Warband version may not be as good as the M&B one to say.
    Aure entuluva!

still love how your mod is like the best fighting/siege mod i ever played except for the Crashes but thats M&B's fualt.

you guys should make a submod like so if u play good and enable doom feature u gets to be crushed by evil or counter them with all ur epicness.

Don't think I saw it posted here, so if anyone missed it, the 3.13 patch is out, though I understand that the updates are fairly minor (and I believe it's not save-game compatible.) My understanding is that we're due for a larger patch in the near future, though whether that's in a few days or two months I really can't say.

i was following the mod since way back in '07, when i had just bought M&B and downloaded the TLD mod, back when it was for 0.808 haha. they kept telling me they would release next year, so every year i went back and asked them if it was ready (look at the posts yourself on the MBX forum), then the whole project slowed down to nothing when Ancient disappeared with most of the code, so it was starting from square one almost. if Ancient hadnt left, we could have gotten TLD nearly 2 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people?

nows if only MnB 2 comes quicker and i'll gladly like to help bring it over to a updated game. but thats when MnB 2 comes out which idk if it has a release date.

Trailhog250's Avatar Semisalis

nows if only MnB 2 comes quicker and i'll gladly like to help bring it over to a updated game. but thats when MnB 2 comes out which idk if it has a release date.
    That might not possible... Porting the mod like that. Engine limitations or lack of SDK could prevent it. They didn't port it to Warband for the same reason(s).

baz44331's Avatar Ordinarius

Just had a quick look at this again on mod DB and there is new pics. looks epic!!
    Last edited by baz44331; March 25, 2012 at 09:15 AM.

Nice new pics and keep working on le mod and atleast try to port it m&B original is basicly unplayable you lose so much quality just to have 1 good battle.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Nice new pics and keep working on le mod and atleast try to port it m&B original is basicly unplayable you lose so much quality just to have 1 good battle.
    No port planned, and thousands are happy and satisfied with the game play just the way it is.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013