Thread: would someone release the unpacked tatw animations?

Default would someone release the unpacked tatw animations?

hy to you all,
    i wonder if the developers from third age would want to release the unpacked (.cas and .evt) version of their animations. i would like this to happen because it would then be immensely easy for anyone to remove or add something new to the game.
    personaly, i would use them to remove all the fatality moves from all units because:
    - if an archer/crossbowman is targeted with a fatality then he doesnt fall down or do whatever hes supposed to do when he has a sword in his chest but instead flickers and turns around in amm 360 degrees as if the model or skeleton doesnt find the right thing to do. this is because the animated bowstring and i've tried removing the bowstring but i wouldn't work, i mean it doesn't give me ctd but the tools that i have don't arrange the bones corectly(i use grumpy old man't utility to turn the model into a milkshape format but even if i don't change anything and use the same grumpy utility to turn the milkshape back into .cas i thing it has the bow bones poorly aranged).
    - if a dwarf, goblin, halfling is targeted by a fatality then it raises to be the same height as the attacker and the follows up through his part of the fatality, crawling falling and stuff. there is no way to remove this aside from removing the fatality in the first place. same it true if the dwarf targets a hunam with a fatality the dwarf gets to human size.

third age mod is really complex from the animation's point of view (and not only)and recreating the whole animation pack from vanilla unpacked ones is similar to rebuilding a city from scratch so that i looks exactly the same.

therefor i urge the developers to release their unpacked animations so that everyone may change their great mod into something more suited to their needs because thats the point of modding in the first place.

Default Re: would someone release the unpacked tatw animations?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ATW-Animations

Would this be what you're looking for?

Unfortunately, that link is to the same packed animations that are installed with TATW. Not sure why KK uploaded them.

I'm looking for the unpacked animations as well, I'm trying to add a couple animations but that seems impossible without the vanilla TATW animations in unpacked form.

There are no released unpacked animations as far as I'm aware. Use this tool to unpack yourself. Just a warning before you do it, I tried to do this a couple of weeks ago and when I re-packed the animations it bugged a couple of the animations, might just be my bad luck but if you read on that forum I think there are a few other comments about Third age animations not working after unpacking.
    Edit:
    There is also this tool that does the same thing. If you read the Tellos Athenaios's comments on the first links thread, I think its one of the comments, It explains the difference between the two.
    Last edited by tombombadil; February 10, 2014 at 04:28 PM.

Wow this is complicated. Thanks for the links though. Step by step.

EDIT: Well I managed to extract the .cas files, but there are no .evt files. That can't be right can it? Although now that I look at it, the modified/un-packed Stainless Steel animations don't have .evt files either.
    Last edited by Kolaris8472; February 10, 2014 at 06:16 PM.

Haha, animations is one of the most complicated parts of modding from what I've heard. There is a reason very few people do it. Good Luck
    Edit: I'm not 100% sure but as far as I'm aware you don't need the .evt files. Might be worth checking though.

Hmm no luck, I'm fairly certain I did everything right (moved in unpacked animations, moved out packed animations, edited .cfg) but it crashes when trying to rebuild the packs. Which tells me what I extracted isn't correct.

This process worked for you tom? Did you re-pack with XIDX or did you let M2TW do it?

I let the game repack itself. It was incredibly unstable though, game would randomly crash and there were bugged animations. That's why I abandoned that project. Are you sure you didnt make a mistake in the editing that is causing the crash, and not the actual extraction? I'ts probably worth asking in here if that doesn't work. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

EDIT. Sorry, just noticed you've already done that. Hope you find a solution