View Poll Results: Do you think MTWII will be as repetative as RTW?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 29.75%
  • No

40 33.06%
  • I don't know

45 37.19%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MTWII, get boring?

Default MTWII, get boring?

Something all of you probably have expierienced with RTW is the game gets boring after around 30 or so turns, depending upon how you play and your temper. I was thinking, will MTWII get as repetative as RTW, or will it be funner, and different each time, what do you think. Will MTWII get boring? Yes? No?

Peace,
    Adnan

Default Re: MTWII, get boring?

Well, if CA makes MII:TW historical at all, there will be more siege battles which traditionally means bored players. However, if you couple this with the supposed unique city defenses plus new methods of (literally) blasting your way into them, then I think you will have some happy people. Personally, while I think Sieges will be increased, I also think that they will have more depth and variety. Obviously the new progressive technologies of gunpowder will add a late game appeal to many others. All in all, I think we are looking at a game that will keep more people enthralled for a longer time.

I hope not.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

I truly hope it doesint get boring like you say Adnin, but RTW defenetly got boring after 7 turns.
    It was just that nothing really interesting happend whenever you played(.unless it was you doing it ofcourse)
    In MTW we always had somthing different each game like HRE crusades deep into Egypt in one game or Almohads driving into Europe in another.(I was unlucky enough to be playing as HRE though )
    But in RTW it was always the same, Egypt goes wild, Brutii go for Greece, Macedon makes spam armys(thats if the Bruttii dont squash em first) Iberians conqour Gaul Julii just sit there ect every game was like this! And yes it did get extreamly boring after the wow factor of just getting RTW faded away.
    I hope CA somehow bring this game back to its roots and not let that secenerio happen agian. :original:
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

I hope not, but with all of the new stuff that will be added in I think it will not get repetitive for at least a year or so...

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

The problem is, once you control more than half the map, the other half is still mostly 3-5 factions. Of course they won't pose any threat to you. You have way too many resources, you wouldn't need any tactics to destroy them.

(I play VH/H, so some of this is negated. However, it still has the same basic problem, no matter what difficulty you use.)

I vote for "I don't know," but I hope they will find some way to fix it.

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Alot will depend on AI changes, which I really hope improves. If not, I still think there will be enough to keep most busy for a long time, but intelligent (or at least better) AI would go a LONG way in keeping things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuwxiv
    The problem is, once you control more than half the map, the other half is still mostly 3-5 factions. Of course they won't pose any threat to you. You have way too many resources, you wouldn't need any tactics to destroy them.

(I play VH/H, so some of this is negated. However, it still has the same basic problem, no matter what difficulty you use.)

I vote for "I don't know," but I hope they will find some way to fix it.
    Easy. We don't know. If they include a wicked A.I. that won't let you win to easy (using all means necessary-except cheating- not letting you win, ), it should not get boring.

see what sucks is I'm 75% sure they won't include a small campaign map to even get a glimpse of the game, as they've done before. So you'll be stuck to just seeing how good the AI is under pre-set, scripted conditions, which is more of a really really really cool screenshot.

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidtheDuke
    see what sucks is I'm 75% sure they won't include a small campaign map to even get a glimpse of the game, as they've done before. So you'll be stuck to just seeing how good the AI is under pre-set, scripted conditions, which is more of a really really really cool screenshot.
    You mean in the Demo? Yeah they did it with RTW and BI so why not fool us agian with more fancy scripts? Just be sure to take EVERYTHING you see in the demo with ten gallons of salt.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Civis

I am hoping that MTW:II will be better then RTW, but this is largely up to the AI or lack of it! So I voted don't know

“You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.”
    Aristotle

Diomedes was
    formely Graccus

Final Frontier's Avatar Just roaming around

Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Easy. We don't know. If they include a wicked A.I. that won't let you win to easy (using all means necessary-except cheating- not letting you win, ), it should not get boring.
    And if the A.I.'s too godly, it'll become annoying/boring because you cannot win. It must be hard to create a game that will satisfy the people, thank god I'm only a critic/consumer.

Happiness is a warm gun... | "Only a life lived for others is worthwhile." -Albert Einstein
    Bang bang, shoot shoot...19| Under the patronage of therussian
    | "I couldn't resist."

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

voted 'I don't know' because none of us know
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Yes it will get boring .. This is why you will all play my RPG when I adapt it over to MTW2
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

Like someone said earlier. Sieges shouldn't be borefests anymore. According to the dev diary at the .com, the dev said that the play test team really enjoys sieges. 3 rings of walls should be fun to knock down. And if CA is really gonna have improved AI, it would be great!

I hope there are more events though, like earthquakes, disasters, etc..

It would be nice if M2TW would have more (random) 'events', which would allow you to choose between some options on how to react on the event and get some very varied results depending on your choices.

Paradox rules.

Like someone said earlier. Sieges shouldn't be borefests anymore. According to the dev diary at the .com, the dev said that the play test team really enjoys sieges. 3 rings of walls should be fun to knock down. And if CA is really gonna have improved AI, it would be great!

I hope there are more events though, like earthquakes, disasters, etc..
    Yet sieges were vastly improved over MTW's in RTW imho. No good, but better nonetheless. I hope they continue to improve them too.
    And if the A.I.'s too godly, it'll become annoying/boring because you cannot win. It must be hard to create a game that will satisfy the people, thank god I'm only a critic/consumer.
    What more can you be?
    You mean in the Demo? Yeah they did it with RTW and BI so why not fool us agian with more fancy scripts? Just be sure to take EVERYTHING you see in the demo with ten gallons of salt.
    Scripts are not always bad... take a look at EB. It uses scripts, but for the sake of the gameplay, and it works very well.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

The thing I fear most is that they make MTW2 too much a "spinoff" from the RTW engine with no better AI than today. That would be something like my worst nightmare come true. But at least it seems that many elements (improved diplomacy etc.) will be in the game. That wil help solve the problem of boredom a bit.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Boudicca
    The thing I fear most is that they make MTW2 too much a "spinoff" from the RTW engine with no better AI than today. That would be something like my worst nightmare come true. But at least it seems that many elements (improved diplomacy etc.) will be in the game. That wil help solve the problem of boredom a bit.
    RTW AI is not terrible though. Especially with some stat-balancing in modifications.

Not lynched? Wow!
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Why should you be lynched. Your're right. It's not that bad, but it could have been much better. The AI has been improving a lot but it is still too foreseeable what it will do in my taste. And it is not aggressive enough.
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

In order to increase its life CA will probably just add a few new difficulty settings where you can never make any money, therefore will never have any troops, therefore will never be able to fight. After all to do this would be much easier than to improve the AI to make it much more of a challenge rather than an annoyance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast