Thread: The Grim Fantasy Role Playing Game

Default The Grim Fantasy Role Playing Game

Preface:
    • Okay. Let's spell out how this is going to work. Together, we're going to generate a character. You guys then get to call the shots on how that character behaves. To be precise - I'll take the consensus or most interesting idea from the posts that are there when I begin writing my post. That character is going to find themselves in a 'realistic', low fantasy world.

• Randomisation is done by rolling dice. This will mainly be a 'd20' system, like Dungeons and Dragons. It won't be D&D though, so you needn't worry about what is going on with the behind the scenes mechanics. When I've run games like this before, the mediums have had a 'dice' function that openly rolls them. However, this forum doesn't have one, and on-line logged dice rollers tend to require registration. I don't want you to have to do that. I just want you to shout out what you want to see happen. So we're going to do this based on trust - If you say 'I rolled three 20s in a row' then I'm going to believe you for now. Generally speaking the first post containing the roll I'm after is the one that I will accept. So for example if I say 'Let's see you guys roll a d20 to hit.' I would want to see 'I rolled a d20. I got a 7'. It's important that you specify what you have rolled, because I might call for several rolls in a post. If you also roll something incredibly improbably, it might also be worth saving a photo or a screenshot.
      You can find a nice online roller here

Character Creation:
    Let's get started. Can someone please roll for us a d20. We'll also need a name.

Default Re: The Grim Fantasy Role Playing Game

ooc: A mod'll have to move this to a more appropriate forum.

Roll:

Name:
    Darren Drake
    Creative Writing: (Currently on hold)
    The Domini Sepulchre
    The Sword and Quill

Unfortunately, this was the most appropriate forum that I could find. No worries if it gets moved though.

Very well, we'll be Darren Drake. Our base statistics will be:
    Str 15, Int 15, Wis 13, Dex 16, Con 16, Chr 14.

We are going to be a human. Sorry, that's the way the cookie crumbles. You do however get to choose our class. First though, we need to discover Darren Drake's past. Please give me one d10 roll and four separate d20 rolls.

Tribunus

((The Coliseum would be better.))