Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible update ideas

Default Possible update ideas

I might not be able to do this due to time constraints, but are there any simple requests for a possible retrofit/ccm2 installer update? I would need permission from the authors for some of these ideas but I was thinking:

1) CeltiberoMordred's spanish retrofit translations
    2) relaxing the installer requirements (i.e. allow install even if no valid kingdoms install found)
    3) Combined installer for retrofit/ccm2 and even GUAM?

Additionally, should I look into the following?

4) Any known critical bugs?
    5) Fixes for running on a steam/download install (not sure what the issues are yet)?
    6) Perhaps including (with permission) other related mods/sub mods for a bigger package?

Feel free to offer any suggestions or feedback.

Total Roach's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Possible update ideas

anything that would add more territories if there are any mods you could include for that?

Sounds good, I will need to find out if there are any submods for that. Please point me in the direction of any you think I should look at.

Not sure what I might include in an update but I don't intend to do any real additional modding. Just thinking of updating the installers, fixing bugs and including a few different mods/sub mods as options in the installer.

I am considering making a few optional changes to my mods for an improved hotseat experience. Let me know if there is anything I should do to reduce common hotseat exploits, bugs, etc (e.g. removing some agent types or siege gear, increasing/decreasing ship movement, kings purse, papal states).

Total Roach's Avatar Ducenarius

Well I found this, not read through it all as too busy at mo but here are the links:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69936

http://www.mediafire.com/?1gy4b7ac9lpbh

It appears that it was the addon 1.06 that adds more provinces to 0.99 from the little reading I did, not sure if you need both files though.

lots of talk about porting the magnus mundus map from rtw across but I can't find out if anyone was ever successful in this

Thanks Total Roach,

I was aware of the big map mod a few years ago. Perhaps I shoulld consider adding it (or some modification of it) to a combined installer.

I will have to look into magnus mudus for M2TW

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    4) Any known critical bugs?
    Don't know if it's related to your mod but the only bug we have found so far is when the Pope dies and Papal States have no settlement, then the cardinal elections windows arise and when after you vote game crashes.

Apart from that, no one should be able to destroy a port. If the settlement is under siege, or that port is blockade, even if there is an infantry unit standing in the road that goes from the port to the settlement, sooner or later the game causes CTD. And it's a pain in the ass because it uses to arise like 2 turns later, and then everybody has to replay their turns, causing a total strategic mess...
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

Thanks [Celtíbero]Mencey,

These are both issues I should take a look at.
    Total War Modder, Former Total War Developer

Nice to see you again Unspoken Knight.

Of course you have permission to use my stuff. I'm almost sure I have a better translation nowadays, The one I posted is quite old.

In addition, I've been polishing this mod (the only one I play sp) to adapt it to my liking. Minor changes, if you are interested.

I haven't played this mod since last year, but at this moment I remember some bug related to AI factions not promoting priests to bishops. I don't recall if it was a matter of AI not recruiting priests.

You can count with me if you in case of you need any feedback.

Regards.
    Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

Oh Sweet! You are still around CeltiberoMordred!

Many many thanks for the permission. Not sure what time frame I am looking at (haven't even started yet) and I quite busy these days. I will have to check out your latest translations and I am also very interested in your changes to the mod. I can check them out for suitability for an update and/or a new HS version release.

I will also be sure to give you credit for any translations and changes I include.

Thanks again!

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Hello UK. I've copy-pasted here some of the changes I made from the vanilla files to fit the required setting/goals in my mod Reborn. The changes here may be a bit to drastic for retrofit, as Reborn has a different campaign map and year-per-turn settings. Still, most of the changes are improvements made to support the factions, AI and balancing the game over as many areas as possiable. They are just ideas for you anyway
    Reduced the max number of heretics on the campaign map from 50 to 15.
    Reduced the max number of witches on the campaign map from 20 to 5.
    Reduced the max number of Inquisitors on the campaign map from 20 to 10.
    Inquisitors should start to appear around turn 20. (Most reductions have been made specifically for the scale of the campaign map and to reduce agent spam by the AI).
    Reduced the maximum number of Priests that can be recruited from each temple level to 1 (one) for each level.
    Reduced the maximum number of Spy’s that can be recruited from each tavern level to 1 (one) for each level.
    Reduced the maximum number of Assassins that can be recruited from each tavern level to 1 (one) for each level.
    Priests can only be recruited from level 2 temples or more.
    Diplomat can only be recruited from level 2 city halls or more.
    Spy’s can only be recruited from level 2 taverns or more.
    Assassins can only be recruited from level 3 taverns or more.
    Adjusted the subterfuge level of spy’s to make spying on settlements, characters and armies harder.
    Priest’s upkeep wage has been decreased from 100 to 50.
    Admirals no longer take any upkeep wages.
    To call a Jihad requires a priest piety level of 6 or higher.
    Reduced the max level of disbandment on Crusades and Jihads from 20% to 10%.
    Reduced the battle attack strength of Crusades and Jihads from 80% to 40%.
    Reduced the movement_points_modifier of crusades and Jihads from 2 to 1.4
    Jihads are most likely to be called (by the AI) on turn 30 or higher.
    Increased the population upgrade point and population limit for castle/settlement levels. (This allows settlements to be more developed before upgraded to the next level and slows down the levelling up of settlements, from village all the way to huge city.
    Greatly reduced the agriculture levels of all regions from vanilla and for new regions made. (This will slow down the population growth, giving factions more time to build constructions inside their castles/settlements. It also makes sacking settlements much more devastating to recover from).
    Reduced the effect of corruption on settlement income tax, meaning settlements far away from the capital will bring in a closer to normal income as they should (Varies on map size).
    Forts are now indestructible, but cost more to build.
    Forts can now support any 2 units with free upkeep.
    Certain units are phased out of the recruitment tree. (As more advanced buildings are constructed, units like peasants, cog’s and ballista’s are removed and cannot be recruited).
    Reduced the number of Siege weapons that can be recruited per turn.
    Reduced the number of ‘very weak’ units available throughout the recruitment tree. (Weak/near useless units such as peasants are harder to recruit in large numbers [both for Human and AI]).
    Siege weapon recruitment has been changed to give a huge incentive for human and AI players to upgrade their siege workshops. Higher levels of siege workshops produce a larger variety of siege weapons and better siege weapons become available.
    Last edited by IZob; November 13, 2011 at 03:46 AM.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Sweet! I will have to go over this list in greater detail, but it looks like it has a lot of useful changes.

I am also considering adding additional maps so if you are interested, and if it doesn't take much work, I might like to include the map from reborn?

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Sure you can. You know the web link to Reborn? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...06#post9870306

Let me know if the download link is broken. I'll see what I can do.

I would really like more maps. Maybe some of the americas, Baltic and middle east? (this is what I am planning for reborn eventually but I am adding factions to the larger scaled maps).

It really deppends on what year and what factions will be in the map when you are selecting a new campaing imo.
    Last edited by IZob; November 13, 2011 at 05:15 AM.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

I'm pretty sure it was either Vlad from TW Mongolo-Tatars Invasion or Riothalmus from IBII (or someone working with them) that ported Magnus over to MTW2Kingdoms.

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by [Celtíbero]Mencey View Post
    more eye candy

better strat map cities and castles.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ight=strat+map

@ [Celtíbero]Mencey and wolf-yop:

Those are some good tips for both MapMod and the strat map castles/cities!

Not sure how much of MapMod I would like to use but I will download it and check it out.

and those city/castle models are very nice!

Moon's Avatar Centenarius

I use your Retrofit mod as a base, with some game enhancements as i prefer to call them, like this for example. Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v4.0
    My question is can we have a map version for Retrofit without the Americas?. The AI doesn't go there and quite frankly neither do i, perhaps you should focus more in Europe, Africa and the Middle East as that is what the Medieval period is all about to me, and not some half naked warriors throwing hornets nests around willy nilly. Well that's just my opinion of course i'm sure other members will be spilling their coffee in disbelief at such a sacrilegious statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    Thanks heaps for the suggestions. I am currently taking suggestions for a possible update in the following thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=492666

CCM2 has the Dismounted Conquistadores (Spain, Portugal) and New World Cuirassers (England, France). Conquisadores (mounted and dismounted) were in Vanilla M2TW. I think I added pretty much all the Kingdoms units for existing factions minus the new world bodyguards. It would be a lot of work to add the remaining Kingdoms units since I also need to either include their factions or add them to an existing faction, tweak the textures/data and rebalance the faction tech tree. If I do add these units, it might be easier if I include either GUAM or the KGCM model and unit dbs.

I am very familiar with the campaign AI so if I was to change anything, I would probably write my own. I am looking into creating a thread for known Retrofit/CCM2 compatible sub-mods (XAI is one such sub mod) along with links so players can install these if they prefer.

Currently checking out Agart's new settlement models (very nice):

And I would like to put in the permanent stone fort models too.
    I'm pretty sure you didn't add the DISMOUNTED New World Cuirrassiers. I checked out the tech tree for France at least.

Please don't add the new settlement models. They kill the vanilla feeling. About Eastern European castles, I was thinking about the brick castles from the Teutonic Campaign.

I'm not sure if you can add the stone forts WITH the wooden forts, not just to replace them, but to include them both. If you can, that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    I'm pretty sure you didn't add the DISMOUNTED New World Cuirrassiers. I checked out the tech tree for France at least.
    I have had a look and they are in CCM2 for France (the New World Cuirassers are dismounted). However I have found that the mounted version (Mounted Cuirassers) doesn't exist for France. It looks like the Mounted Cuirassers use the same models and unit DB entry as the M2TW Demi Lancers but they were updated to include France and use a new name. Thanks for bringing this to my attention so I can fix it in a future version .

Please don't add the new settlement models. They kill the vanilla feeling. About Eastern European castles, I was thinking about the brick castles from the Teutonic Campaign.
    I will have consider this and see what others think. I really like those new models, but I will might just add a link to it as a sub-mod. If I don't use them, I will also think about adding the brick castles.

I'm not sure if you can add the stone forts WITH the wooden forts, not just to replace them, but to include them both. If you can, that would be awesome.
    This is possible a few ways but you might not like the options:

1) Manually place a bunch of permanent stone forts, and factions can only place wooden forts
    2) Make certain factions use the wooden forts (e.g. mesoamerican, apachean) and other factions use stone

Thanks for your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I use your Retrofit mod as a base, with some game enhancements as i prefer to call them, like this for example. Blood, Broads, & Bastards! v4.0
    My question is can we have a map version for Retrofit without the Americas?. The AI doesn't go there and quite frankly neither do i, perhaps you should focus more in Europe, Africa and the Middle East as that is what the Medieval period is all about to me, and not some half naked warriors throwing hornets nests around willy nilly. Well that's just my opinion of course i'm sure other members will be spilling their coffee in disbelief at such a sacrilegious statement.
    I will add BBB to a list of compatble sub-mods, but I might need to look at a possible GUAM/BBB compatibility issue.

I don't think I will be updating the Retrofit Map. Retrofit was designed to be a very minimal mod to bring across some Kingdoms features and bug fixes. I usually don't visit the Americas regions either and it is easy enough to ignore.

This suggestion will be considered for a CCM update .

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast