Thread: English for 1.31.7z

Default English for 1.31.7z

Hi all,

I was a little upset to that I couldn't find any English translation for the current build of this mod, so I set about seeing what I could do on my own. I've never modded Rome so I don't know how all the files interact, but I'm assuming most if not all the text for display is used mostly just for that, display. I found a translation program called OmegaT, which was pretty helpful as it let me modify the source files by entire segments and had other features that helped cut down time, tweaking the way the file is segmented for example.
    Be warned though, it's mostly copy and paste from google translate, I started out looking up stuff and trying to make some good sentences, but that was way too time consuming and I wanted to play before I turned 40. A lot of ancillaries I could copy and paste from the original Rome files though. Still, it took about 20-30 hours. Which I was surprised by, much respect to you modders and the time spent on these projects.
    Like I said, I've never modded Rome, I don't know if these files would cause problems, I had some weird things happen during play (switching to a different faction after my turn ended, and automanage getting switched on in my cities after I turned it off) but I'm assuming that has something to do with the scripts. And I only played after I translated the files, so...

With patch 1.31.7z
    You'll want to paste them here: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\bi\data\text
    I only modified some, but am including all the files just to be sure I don't miss any.
    And I hope someone will point out my folly, if translating is not as easy as this (30 hours easy my @ss) and it requires some extra things that need to be done...

I may go through them some more and make them more understandable, it was actually interesting to look up the words and try to make some sense out of them So if any of the team members still come around this board and are looking for some help on the English translation, I'd be happy to help out. I was also considering rooting around to see how to add sounds to units and whatnot, not enough loud bangs in the battles

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: English for 1.31.7z

I WILL TRY IT OUT

If I thought it would not cause CTDs I'd use it. Has anyone attempted it?

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    If I thought it would not cause CTDs I'd use it. Has anyone attempted it?
    u am experimenting with it at the moment , not as much english as the 1.22 patch but enough to play well so far , time will tell , if its fine i will release a granto cinematic oim 1.31 version , edit .. actualy i think there is a couple o things wrong with it
    Last edited by GRANTO; November 04, 2011 at 07:01 PM.

Thanks finally i understand what im doing in the game

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

I missed the names of family members and generals in english or latins word. they are in cyrillic russians words.

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)