Thread: Sorry for the long absence

Default Sorry for the long absence

Hi again, I have been away for a while (3 years??). Been very busy with family life and other projects but I apologise completely for the long absence.

Looks like my mods and the community is more active than ever! Very glad people are still playing Retrofit, CCM2 and Kingdoms and there is now a dedicated hotseat games forum too! I knew when I added hotseat functionality that it would be fun, but it is satisfying to see so many people still enjoying hotseat campaigns.

It seems I need to catch up on some things (in no particular order or time frame):

1) Verify and update download links for my mods
    2) Update mod installers for steam/missing game installs
    3) Start or join a CCM2/kingdoms hotseat PBEM game!

Let me know if there is anything critical I have missed. Also thanks to everyone for playing my mods and keeping them alive!

Regards,

Scott (Unspoken Knight)

Default Re: Sorry for the long absence

Well I have updated the download links for my mods to point to the corresponding links at strategy informer. I haven't verified the files to be certain, but will do so in the coming days.

Thanks,

If I have any problems with the strategy informer links I will update retrofit to the link suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    Thanks,

If I have any problems with the strategy informer links I will update retrofit to the link suggested.
    You can add Retrofit as an attachment mate, its under 50mb, you wont need to worry about links dying then!

That's what i've added Retrofit as in the Guam V6 thread.

Sweet! I will do that.

Thanks

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Welcome back! Glad to see such a pro mod-developer has returned.

I've always admired your simple but vastly entertaining additions (such as the many ccmv2 campaigns), how the mods keep their vanilla composure, and that they are bug free and packed with the kingdoms extras.

Also admired that retrofit/ccmv2 has served very well as a modding base and as a resource. I've developed a mod called Reborn (see my signature link) that used some of your code in setting up the campaigns

My uni exam is very near, but soon after I hope to ask you a few modding questions on ccmv2 If your still around.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Thanks!

Had to come back eventually, I was both a developer and modder for M2TW/Kingdoms and love the game. Glad you like my mods and they have been of great use to the community.

I don't intend to do much (or any) modding these days but I can try and answer any modding questions you may have. It has been many years since I have done anything on TW so I can't say my answers will be of any use though.

Good luck for your uni exam!