Thread: No one is able to make an importer exporter?

Default No one is able to make an importer exporter?

Hi I think the modding communty needs badly an importer exporter and since CA seems to not want to give us any word about is there anytalented hexeditor programmer that can do it?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Default Re: No one is able to make an importer exporter?

What do you want to import and export?
    The PFM has an export function for database files, and there is this converter (which I haven't tried out so I don't know if it's current or works at all).
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

I want to import and reexport models like unit models and landscape models and possibly a way to edit animations or create new ones , I 'd prefer to make new unit from scratch and new armours from scratch that's my goal but I cant do anything and the NTW importer exported I read doesn't work ...

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Fallout 3 Modder

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

There is 0 demand for one and very little serious modding being done (ok make that 0 other than trom 3 really and perhaps ner but none that involve changing the core game) unlike ntw which had a few really major mods going on and was very similar to empire. Making one would be a waste of time.Game has loads of armour in it already, make do with clever texturing is the best I can offer.

If your looking to do modelling and animations and you are good at it I'm sure tgw team for ntw could use you though .

Sadly the game is too complex for it to be possible right now. Has anyone gotten the models loaded in a program yet?
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

0 Demand are you talking for yourself or the whole world comunity?
    Plus no modding couse no tools ....
    I have searched and the only thing I have seen are retextures and mixmatching of exhisting models nothing truly new....

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Artifex

I am talking whole community. There is 0 demand.

The whole community doesn't count on modding horizon , as they do not mod that's why no demand .. the modding community I believe woudl have a 100% demand and then the rest of the community woudl enjoy more nice mods!...

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Artifex

Take a look at napoleon. We had very little modding to start but considerably more than sgII, we got a converter a year later, perhaps three mods are using. I can extrapolate and realise the grand sum of around one person might use one for sgII.

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    The whole community doesn't count on modding horizon , as they do not mod that's why no demand .. the modding community I believe woudl have a 100% demand and then the rest of the community woudl enjoy more nice mods!...
    They don't mod because there's no interest. Modding for Empire was at it's height long before the most complex tools were available. Empire is now completely moddable apart from intensive region modding, and yet it is relatively quiet.
    Shogun is pointlessly hard to mod, CA (needlessly) made it more difficult to mod just to streamline their own tools without any consideration for the modding community. They even made some scripting commands only accessible from the C++ side (ie hardcoded). And there's no excuse for that - what's the point of harcoding the command to open a message box?
    Where the modding community takes a step forward in knowledge of the game, CA pushes us back by two with seemingly pointless engine tweaks. Hence the lack of interest in S2, hence the lack of a converter.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Take a look at napoleon. We had very little modding to start but considerably more than sgII, we got a converter a year later, perhaps three mods are using. I can extrapolate and realise the grand sum of around one person might use one for sgII
    Listen to the Hedge Knight. Really skilled people cracked most of the files of ETW and NTW but maybe 10-20 people are using it. We have a free model converter for NTW and there 3 guys who make use of it (me included) - most people are happy with changes to the RGB colour in the DB's.
    And honestly... i doub't anyone wants to rewrite his tools, just because CA released a new game, with three changed bites and even more binarized code so that one guy can make use of it.
    We are down to the point were you can either do it by yourself or not.

Besides that i don't think that we even need a Mod Workshop/ Released Mod subforum for the new TW game.

So is over with TW modding? I dont understand the point!

Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Fallout 3 Modder

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS ts View Post
    So is over with TW modding? I dont understand the point!
    Unit packs and stuff are still going to happen. Big mods. Yes.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Unit packs and stuff are still going to happen
    And dozens of "Realism" Mods.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    And dozens of "Realism" Mods.
    Oh yes don't forget the minor tweaks.

Melee is now better and more chaotic than ever .

Personally I'd like to use the engine of STW / FOTS as a basis of making an entirely new themed mod. Japan doesn't interest me, nor does the arcade gameplay CA currently leans towards, Rome however does. Empire is far too old an engine, and NTW has a dwindling population. Not every modder has the skills to crack game files and a modder also doesn't want to make a mod for a game with a low population or a highly out dated engine. Certainly, speaking as a 3D artist, I'd much rather spend my time making models and textures for an up to date engine than one that's 5 - 10+ years old.

That doesn't cover every modder, people still have a drive to make mods for a challenge / for fun / to cover a niche they have an interest in. But you can't say that STW has a low interest in modding because no one wants to see mods. It has a low interest in modding because CA has made it unreasonably hard to mod.

I guarantee, at the height of a games popularity, if it was fully modifiable you'd see more mods being made.
    Last edited by evulclown; December 01, 2011 at 10:07 AM.
    [BsA] ZEE BISHOP [HM]

DLC the root of evil on pc gaming it resumes everything

Lord Senne's Avatar Foederatus

think yes we need tools lot can be change. Blue lotus mod. In this engine will be great, Rusia vs japan.
    best game shogun 1 ruled, the blue lotus, then Ran no Jidai, that I waited a life time for.

Lord Senne's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Senne View Post
    think yes we need tools lot can be change. Blue lotus mod. In this engine will be great, Rusia vs japan. Like to see thailand saim, burma ect. yes china.
    best game shogun 1 ruled, the blue lotus, then Ran no Jidai, that I waited a life time for.
    "CA has made it unreasonably hard to mod". with tools and new engine it not as hard to mod, just more steps, better mod. time

There are plenty that could be modded into the models Different weapons, more Armor customization*there is not 'plenty' of that*

Frankly speaking ETW/NTW are exceedingly passe. And cannot be elaborated on any further, because after all its purely gunpowder with them and all the uniforms are pretty much the same and have no armor types... Shogun 2 however has the potential to expand into China, Mongolia, South East Asia and India. *all of which weapons and armors are VASTLY differs from region to region* and yes, even the possibility of 16 century European Colonization.

And you dare think that people DON'T want that? You're mistaken. People want this it's the people who might actually have the ability to make progress that don't, apparently.