Thread: I Need Help!

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Default I Need Help!

I am not able to put up with the issues appearing on this mod. The way that the previous team put this work is so bad that i, a noob can't comprehend what to do. If anyone knows about a modder that wishes to help, please let me know is name so that i can try and contact him, or else i will give up on Rise of Persia.

Argive Strategos's Avatar Civis

Default Re: I Need Help!

I am no modder myself, but just a N00B too, what issue have you come across? I will try and find a solution on the internet, however I do not have much time to actually change files.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

The main issue for me right now is with the roads.
    The way that ROP3 is designed does not inspire me great confidence in its roads system. There is only one road to be build, and threw out certain regions of the map there is a unique trait that says that allows factions to build royal roads, that would be the second and last chain of roads; but whend i go check the tech tree i don't see any royal roads showing. It says that is only for eastern factions, but i checked also with those and nothing. Have to take a better look without touching to much, because if i try to change anything the mod crashes and doesn't let me put any backup files.

In the case of backup files, just copy-paste the whole mod as a copy and name it backup ROP3.
    For the royal road... I am guessing it is just the vanilla highway retextured, but the base function is the same I assume. If I understood the problem correctly, the problem is the lack of regions, which leads to the Roads not working I suppose due to the long distances? Can you please show 2 pictures, one of the map (if the lack of regions is the problem) and one of the tech tree, so I can have a better understanding of the problem please?
    I am not sure if I understood you correctly, but if you meant the lack of settlements causing roads that are too long, maybe this can help: http://rtw.heavengames.com/rtw/mods/...ns/index.shtml

Again, I am sorry if I have misunderstood the problem, I really hope this helps.

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

It is not about making new cities, but i finally was able to make cities myself from the link. Altough how does one make road paths? or are they done automaticly?
    I guess not, because whend i tried to add roads to the new regions i made the game crashes whend i am loading a new campaign. And it doesnt matter if i have backups to put back the files into order, this type of changes complete corrupt the mod for me. ALtough i had a copy of the mod so i can work from there. I just need to know what is causing the crash. Its probably the roads, because before i putt them the region and new city were fine.

Great to hear that cities can be made. As for roads, I know little, however I do think they are done automatically, since I couldn't find a tutorial for roads, but maybe what is causing the crash could be no port in the region if it is next to the sea. Also, I found this, not sure if it can help, but it was the best I could find: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...dd-Paved-Roads

I hope this helps.

I was thinking about maybe the ports making the crash or something, so I found another explanation. The roads seem to be semi generated in a way. I mean from what I understood is that you designate where the settlement and port is, and the roads will go there, and I assume to the border of the neighbouring faction's roads.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ttlement-Names