Thread: Got an Idea for in Land River Bridges in Dominion of Sword Mod

Ghazi Warrior's Avatar Libertus

Icon1 Got an Idea for in Land River Bridges in Dominion of Sword Mod

I came to know from previews and inf about Dominion of Sword Mod that their is problem about how to cross armies over 'in land rivers'(made actually by taking sea into land in thin line form to enable ships to travel in lands assuming they are travelling through rivers). the idea is that wherever road needs to cross river and a bridge is needed, you can put a "green arrrow like path"(as in m2tw vanilla, there is a pass from constantinople towards turks over thin sea line, ships can pass through there, whereas armies can also pass ocean without using ships).
    Hope that this will be greatly useful for Modder Team of Dominion of Sword if any other has not mentioned it before me.
    if you didnt understand my idea yet, then post quiries here i will try to clarify.
    thanks
    waiting eagerly for releasing date of mod

Default Re: Got an Idea for in Land River Bridges in Dominion of Sword Mod

My earlier comment on this in the Mod Workshop: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...47#post5745047

Basically it's not looking good (it looks terrible), it exaggerates the rivers even more than they already are and it has unforeseeen AI issues etc. We considered navigable rivers for Russian areas where is enough space AND the rivers there could be used like that but I am very sceptical if I would dare implementing them. The result would not be worth it and the area would just look terrible in comparison to the rest of the map. I will try there nevertheless. Thx for suggestion.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Ghazi Warrior's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Got an Idea for in Land River Bridges in Dominion of Sword Mod

well correct, gameplay will seem more good without these extraordinary wide rivers..!
    thanks for reply