Thread: Luckiest Events in EU

Knight_of_Ni's Avatar Centenarius
    Wouldn't YOU like to know? No, really, I'm lonely.

Default Luckiest Events in EU

Just a thread for listing funny/lucky events that saved your butt or helped you tremendously.

-As France, I got a PU with Burgundy and Scotland(who had taken over all of Britain) by 1500. And annexed both.
    -As Castille, formed Spain early and got to watch Burgundy eat France, then just as they were about to eat me as well, got into a war with the HRE (Austria)
    -Same game as the above, Austria somehow managed to actually form HRE and vassalized a gigantic Bohemia as well. Then as it threatened me, the rebels managed to completely obliterate it (probably because it annexed Bohemia.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar109 View Post
    ...Though I'm still trying to figure out how a show that dives down into the subjects of genocide and racism ... landed next to Spongebob.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Luckiest Events in EU

-As Bavaria suddenly inherited Burgundy.
    -As Savoy got a PU with both Sicily and Sardinia by 1403, formed Sardinia Piedmont and inherited Sicily as well.
    -Troll-Ireland took Lothian while England had the rest of Britain, and so GB never formed.

Gone 2 the Celts's Avatar Primicerius

-As Ireland, the Papal States moved to me, because Naples ate them, and I used my power to excommunicate England. Several Times.
    -As Switzerland, I inherited Burgundy
    -As Brittany, conquered Ireland, Scotland, and Wales, and then inherited England and Denmark
    Last edited by Gone 2 the Celts; October 26, 2011 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kip Bohannon View Post
    I'm actually quite fond of Egyptian mythology. I'm quite fond of anything with golden penises, really.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

As Milan inherit Bohemia in 1406

Protector Domesticus

As Byzantines i got a PU with a full sized Russia

To bad there army was shite , incapable of even holding off those pesky Austrians.
    Last edited by SLN445; October 26, 2011 at 07:39 PM.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

lol, and here I considered getting a stability event after a slider change "lucky".

Happen to the A.I. not me xD, at my current game playing as malacca Vijayanagar to my West lead a PU over good sized Bihar and Ming to the north! Now their combined army and navy twice even the biggest european power and I'm stuck in between them in south east asia...

My own biggest break was inheriting Brittany and Naples very early in the game as England. Naples was especially strategic because it allows me to put ships south of France territory :p

Protector Domesticus

God i hate it when England/Great Britan gets Italy >.<;;

I once managed to inherit Great Britain right after it annexed the last of Scotland.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

When you're a small nation and you have to fight a long protracted war that makes you mint money like crazy.

So, you get a master of mint. But a few months later you get the even "Our master of mint is the best in the world! +0.10 inflation reduction!"

My economy was up and running in no time.

Scipio Afracanis's Avatar Protector Domesticus

As Venice fighting Milan, Croatia, Massive Bohemia Emperor, Austria.

Golden Horde decides to attack Boh,Austria,Cro in the flank. I Vassilize Croatia, Make Boh peace and take a couple of gold provinces from Austria and take half of Milans provinces.

I ended up taking Italy and giving Croatia all of the Balkans and former Boh.
    2010 ,2012,2014 World Series Champions: San Francisco Giants
    1962, 1989, 2002

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Inheriting France, Austria, Aragon, Bohemia and Milan in rapid succession as Lorraine.

Protector Domesticus

not that lucky but i still loved it
    - Needed to take colony's from Aragon in my attempt to control ALL colonisation but they were garenteed by the monster Castille so couldnt attack....only for castile to attack aragon and france a short time afterwards gave me free range over every colony they had.

Lord Romanus III's Avatar Primicerius

It was my very first game. I was playing Castille and I conquered tons of land. I owned North Africa, Western Africa, and huge chunk of North and South America. I had slain Aragon, but Portugal still owned half of their land and were allied to me with royal marriages for about 150 years. They were faithful and we fought many wars together. Suddenly, I inherited them (and their equally massive empire that was side by side with mine, allowing me to field as many soldiers as that damned France. This was back in HTT.

In a miscmod shattered Europe game, i played as Toulouse, killed Islamic Spain, Inherited France and The Palatinate and the same time, that was one eventful year.

Anything that doesn't lower stability is lucky.

As Bohemia I got a PU over Poland in the first year after game start and without even trying :p

goro's Avatar Tribunus

I got a PU and later integrated a Russia owning everything from moscow to the pacific as Germany.The result was having unlimited money and about a million prussian troops

Playing as PLC, PU'd Austria and GB. Probably easiest game ever.
    Oh and I managed to get a random PU once on France as Austria like 10 years into the game.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''