Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: IB2 FD Map

As Mr Spock would say:

rhalina's Avatar Ordinarius

Hehe, i haven't yet seen those movies, soon, swear
    Just put there the weapons, here are the full plates (summary to, the A.F.A.M. doesn't allow copies ), complete book is aviable via the national Museum of AZrcheology at St-Germain en Laye, catching all was discovered within "furniture graves" before 2009. Arround 400 items are classed (13 axe types, 7 spears..) and there are for each a repport to a more complete work (as for the swords pommel with runic nscriptions or rings with Svante Fischer, or the anglosaxon and saxon material in north Gauls with Jean Soulat,...).

http://241-752.forumgratuit.fr/t715-...e-de-400-a-740
    http://241-752.forumgratuit.fr/t23-c...-legoux-vallet

Another book was print in 2006, more in the case of this topic: trade and exchanges by waterways and backed ground ways in Gauls. I'm reading it right now, a little bit huge and long, but verry fine!
    Don't know if you have already seen this one? https://www.academia.edu/7485517/Val...ationales_1993

Same group of work, some articles in English, some others in Deutsch, most in French. I have found verry interesting the one by M.Martin about the roman long knives, lattes and the furthers "scramasaxes"

Merovingian-period archeology database: http://241-752.forumgratuit.fr/
    Association Française d'Archéologie Mérovingienne

naddum's Avatar Libertus

I'm afraid the map isn't showing in the first few posts - any other images?
    How much of India and Transoxiana will be featured?
    Eran ud Turan - recreating the Iranian, Indian, and Central Asian worlds of late antiquity:
    https://www.facebook.com/eranudturan

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    This will be the new map . It is from RTW-BI IB IBFD. I'm porting over

But it seems Mundus Magnus is the new map:
    Yes its not an easy thing to do. Join our IB2 team. I'll pm you. We can set this up for IB2 FD. I'll work with you on it. I ported over the BI WarMap. Ice Torque's map, but it doesn't have the Eastern portions like the Mundus Magnus map does
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Yayattasa; November 04, 2014 at 08:05 AM.

naddum's Avatar Libertus

Thanks.

I hope you don't mind some feedback:

Transoxiana and the Hindu Kush region need more provinces. Samarqand, Panjakent, Chach, Balkh, Bamiyan, Ladakh, Kabul, Zabul, Varakhsha, Khujand, Termez, for example. Rayy and Abarshahr should also be included.

I was hoping to see a little more of India too. The Guptas would be a little pointless on this map, although the Rai dynasty of Sindh could be included.

Transoxiana and Mesopotamia should be as dense, if not more so, than the densest parts of Europe on this map IMHO.
    Eran ud Turan - recreating the Iranian, Indian, and Central Asian worlds of late antiquity:
    https://www.facebook.com/eranudturan

The map is Mundus Magnus, the second map you posted. We are working are way quickly toward setting up the factions in the presented map. Suggestions are certainly welcomed
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 05, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

two quick question: are Odoacer Rex Italiae and Flagellum Dei the same project now? is the map the only thing that is left to be completed before the mod goes out. Thanks?

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by juanplay View Post
    two quick question: are Odoacer Rex Italiae and Flagellum Dei the same project now? is the map the only thing that is left to be completed before the mod goes out. Thanks?
    Odovacer has its own map, slightly larger than the map of Vandalorum it includes much of the ERE western provinces with only half of Asia minor to the east. The steppes are better represented and much of Gaul is too. IBFD has its own map now, and that is the Mundus Magnus map, a huge map indeed. Many units will be 'transferred' from our current mods to IBFD, while midnite is working on new models that we don't have like Armenia, the Sassanids and some more totally new factions, plus there is going to be for the first time in IB II brand new faction icons.

Cheers

That map looks awesome, are any of the rivers navigable?

This mod looks so great! I'm so excited! Thank you for your great work!!!

Bernardius's Avatar Decanus
    SACRUM IMPERIUM ROMANUM NATIONES GERMANICAE

great map cant wait to play
    EB II is finally out! ...NOW!!!...

Working my way west now the Europe

Last edited by Riothamus; December 01, 2015 at 12:08 PM.

= my thoughts about your work

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    = my thoughts about your work
    Many thanks for those waiting patiently. The map will be very much alive after our developers next Fullbuild. A great team effort!

Libertus

Riothamus, thank you for your work. Very interesting period. Many played in IB2_Britanniae campaign. I am waiting for release this mod.

Kashkarov's Avatar Libertus

Hi, I'm happy you guys are still working on this AND making progress. Thank you for that.
    If you are trying the main campaign atm, as I read in the "developments-thread", could you (if you have the time) post an actual (whole) map (with starting regions of the factions).
    Because the last version I'm aware of is quit old. And in Rio's (more or less "new") pics you just see Britain.
    Truth is elusive to those who refuse to see it with both eyes wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashkarov View Post
    Hi, I'm happy you guys are still working on this AND making progress. Thank you for that.
    If you are trying the main campaign atm, as I read in the "developments-thread", could you (if you have the time) post an actual (whole) map (with starting regions of the factions).
    Because the last version I'm aware of is quit old. And in Rio's (more or less "new") pics you just see Britain.
    The map stretches well into Asia and partially into India. We will show some maps soon
    Last edited by Riothamus; July 14, 2017 at 07:25 AM.

The map stretches well into Asia and partially into India. We will show some maps soon
    Ok... I wouldn't have guessed, that the map would reach until the river Indus (or beyond). I'm also exited which regions will belong to the respective faction. Especially the Western Empire since Majorian had recaptured a lot of Gaul (the Burgundians were basically pushed back into the Sapaudia and the Visigoths into Tolosa and south-west Aquitania, and both had to accept their foedus-status again) and of course "pacified" most of Hispania. The western Mediterranian (except from northern Africa) was still in "Roman hands". And in Dalmatia Marcellinus had subordinated or allied himself with emperor Majorian.
    Or does the mod start before the reconquest of Gallia and Hispania?
    Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your "map-preview"...

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Kashkarov View Post
    Ok... I wouldn't have guessed, that the map would reach until the river Indus (or beyond). I'm also exited which regions will belong to the respective faction. Especially the Western Empire since Majorian had recaptured a lot of Gaul (the Burgundians were basically pushed back into the Sapaudia and the Visigoths into Tolosa and south-west Aquitania, and both had to accept their foedus-status again) and of course "pacified" most of Hispania. The western Mediterranian (except from northern Africa) was still in "Roman hands". And in Dalmatia Marcellinus had subordinated or allied himself with emperor Majorian.
    Or does the mod start before the reconquest of Gallia and Hispania?
    Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your "map-preview"...
    Hey Kashkarov,

The river Indus will indeed be the eastern border on our map.

The mod kicks off in 443 AD, that is during the reign of Valentinian III and on the eve of the great confrontation between Aetius and Atilla.

Regarding the provinces, in Gaul the situation is quite stable. The Burgundians have just been subjugated and moved into Sapaudia. The Visigoths were defeated in the war of 436-439 AD and brought under Roman control. There are some reports of troubles caused by the Franks in the north-east on the river Rhine and by the Bagaudae in Armorica, that's, however, nothing that can challenge the Roman rule in this province.

Things, however, don't look so bright in other provinces. In Africa, in 439 AD the Vandals took Carthage along with the bulk of the rich African provinces. As a result of the treaty signed in 442 AD the Vandals were allowed to keep African Proconsularis, Byzacena and the western part of Numidia. The Romans received back the western part of Numidia plus two Mauretanian provinces. It is tough but a pitiful compensation for all their recent losses.

After the initial suspension of hostilities after the Vandal departure in 429 AD, the situation in Spain has deteriorated, as well. In the late 30-ties and early 40-ties Rechila, the new king of the Suebi, has moved out of Galicia invading Lusitania, Baetica and Carthaginiensis, leaving only Tarraconensis in the Roman hands. It is, however, believed that he did not establish any permanent rule in last two of the aforementioned provinces.

Here are a couple of screenies to please your eyes

1. The heart of the Vandal Africa centered around Carthage

2. The base of the Suebian kingdom in Galicia

3. Altava, the centre of the Romano-Berber kingdom that in the game will be known as Regnum Maurorum et Romanorum

4. The heart of the Western Roman Empire along with some of its most significant urban centres, Aquileia and Ravenna

Last edited by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~; August 26, 2017 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    Hey Kashkarov,

The river Indus will indeed be the eastern border on our map.

The mod kicks off in 443 AD, that is during the reign of Valentinian III and on the eve of the great confrontation between Aetius and Atilla.

Regarding the provinces, in Gaul the situation is quite stable. The Burgundians have just been subjugated and moved into Sapaudia. The Visigoths were defeated in the war of 436-439 AD and brought under Roman control. There are some reports of troubles caused by the Franks in the north-east on the river Rhine and by the Bagaudae in Armorica, that's, however, nothing that can challenge the Roman rule in this province.

Things, however, don't look so bright in other provinces. In Africa, in 439 AD the Vandals took Carthage along with the bulk of the rich African provinces. As a result of the treaty signed in 442 AD the Vandals were allowed to keep African Proconsularis, Byzacena and the western part of Numidia. The Romans received back the western part of Numidia plus two Mauretanian provinces. It is tough but a pitiful compensation for all their recent losses.

After the initial suspension of hostilities after the Vandal departure in 429 AD, the situation in Spain has deteriorated, as well. In the late 30-ties and early 40-ties Rechila, the new king of the Suebi, has moved out of Galicia invading Lusitania, Baetica and Carthaginiensis, leaving only Tarraconensis in the Roman hands. It is, however, believed that he did not establish any permanent rule in last two of the aforementioned provinces.

Here are a couple of screenies to please your eyes

1. The heart of the Vandal Africa centered around Carthage

2. The base of the Suebian kingdom in Galicia

3. Altava, the centre of the Romano-Berber kingdom that in the game will be known as Regnum Maurorum et Romanorum

4. The heart of the Western Roman Empire along with some of its most significant urban centres, Aquileia and Ravenna

Hi,
    thx for that preview of the map, it looks really nice.
    My statements before were based on the thesis, thas the mod would start in the time of Majorian, which is not the case anymore. But to start the mod before the main conflict with Attila etc. seems even a better idea. The idea of a Romano-Berber kingdom sounds really nice. Spain seems to be quite well depicted. Gaul also looks nice, in Aremorica the Bacaudae (or at this time the British "migrants"), in Aquitania the Visigoths... perfect....
    Only the Burgundian Kingdom (the brown or purple ones) in central Gaul seems a little bit strange (too big). The Burgundians had been recently defeated at this time and were resettled to the Sapaudia (the little area around Geneva).
    Sorry for bugging you with this, but I'm really anticipating this mod on that particular time frame (on which I also wrote 2 papers).

So keep up the good work and of course have a nice Summer.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast