Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: IB2 FD Map

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: IB2 FD Map

The map wont be vanilla-ish. I have already made it and it is nothing like the vanilla Rome map.

You actually claim it isn't vanilla-ish, yet you fully represent the ERE without fully representing the sassanid empire? Wtf man? You only have half of persia in there. This is a step down from IBFD 1, and hell, if SS can expand their map to make it seemingly twice as long in length as your map, then you could do IBFD a service by making it have the same map scale as in RTW.

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post
    You actually claim it isn't vanilla-ish, yet you fully represent the ERE without fully representing the sassanid empire? Wtf man? You only have half of persia in there. This is a step down from IBFD 1, and hell, if SS can expand their map to make it seemingly twice as long in length as your map, then you could do IBFD a service by making it have the same map scale as in RTW.
    This map is in its very beginning stages and will look nothing like what it does now. it is something just have for the moment...A starter map! We expect it to be encompass the Sassanid empire and much more. I already explained this in a previous post and if you write something so negative and arrogant as this again ill delete it! And a response better have a better tone for Im now not in the mood to discuss a mod as is that's so very far from what its going to look like and be!
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 07, 2013 at 08:05 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post
    You answer to Mathias is very aggressive, there is no need for such a behavior. The map is ready yes, but IBFD is still work in progress and the map will be expanded to include the Sassanids eventually.

Cheers

Great news Reno! I like how EB1 tries to give all factions equal representation/ details/ goodies. It makes me want to play each faction, but I didn't have that feeling with Invasio Barbarorum. For some reason especially in SAI (I know you didn't take part in it but still) the other factions other than Rome felt really shallow and were just there to be slaughtered by the Romans. So I just want to ask, will your team try to give all the factions equal details?

Thanks in advance!
    炸鸡

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Great news Reno! I like how EB1 tries to give all factions equal representation/ details/ goodies. It makes me want to play each faction, but I didn't have that feeling with Invasio Barbarorum. For some reason especially in SAI (I know you didn't take part in it but still) the other factions other than Rome felt really shallow and were just there to be slaughtered by the Romans. So I just want to ask, will your team try to give all the factions equal details?

Thanks in advance!
    You should try IB: Conquest Brittania. Every single faction is fleshed out and wonderful, the newest version will be even better. The team has learned a lot from their first releases.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiğinn Veğr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post

Thanks in advance!
    Reno may want to this but by this time the Romans in the west had pretty much had lost that edge whether it be tactical, arms and respect with their long time foes. They(Romans) will have the potential of creating once again a revered army but this will have to come from a well planned based, and restored economy. The Franks whom reside at your doorstep As will the Sassanids or Huns in IBFD, will be just waiting for an opportunity to strike and will be pretty much an equal. They will come at you hard in the Expansion or in( IBFD) with historically realistic sized armies so be ready because they will not be a push over nor any other of the factions in Gaul and Germania. Its our philosophy that all factions in the game will have their strengths, some maybe more than others, and if used properly they can become a dominate faction on the map by the local player. Although a faction like the Gododdin in the Britanniae Expansion isn't balanced under the AI to take over the known map, as for instance the Suebie will be in IBFD II, they will be very difficult to subdue and conquer as a faction as in we hope with any faction. If you are a different culture then you must assimilate a culture different from your own. I'm not sure how EB does it but it will be a requirement of your government, military and economy, if you want to hold on to new lands and continue to expand your faction.
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 08, 2013 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks for answering folks! I'll make sure to rep soon. Also is there any tweaks to improve unit cohesion? (especially when units engage.) Maybe tighter formation and smaller radius? Or deleting an file?

Thanks in advance.
    炸鸡

Give a look at 'De Bello Mundi's world map in this screen:
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1186/0000tw.jpg

Thats pretty good, I'm surprised more mods don't use a similar projection.....

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Give a look at 'De Bello Mundi's world map in this screen:
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1186/0000tw.jpg
    We are not closed to the idea of such a map or the possibly the addition of the western portion(mostly the Sassanid empire) of it

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey guys, I think your work is awesome. I like how you made parts of the mod already playable and I'm confident you'll find the right format/proportions for FD's map. Good luck with the following.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Thanks for your friendly words and wishes!

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

its great
    but please the Sassanids map is too much small! you should go until Tajikstan (Soghdia)

if not this means you only pay attention to europe and thats not good !

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishSpartakus View Post
    its great
    but please the Sassanids map is too much small! you should go until Tajikstan (Soghdia)

We will look at your suggestion and discuss it with the team. THX

Cheers

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What's the word on the start date? If you're going to do a Majorian Campaign (Which is rather clear that he and Avitus before him were carrying out the last of Aetius' plans) I can be of assisstance in that regard in terms of historical research. I have a few dozen articles and books on Roman and Barbarian Settlement, Organization, Culture, and Books I can send you guys.

In fact, I think Ian Hughes just published a book on the Emperors and Magistri after the death of Aetius.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; April 08, 2014 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    What's the word on the start date? If you're going to do a Majorian Campaign (Which is rather clear that he and Avitus before him were carrying out the last of Aetius' plans) I can be of assisstance in that regard in terms of historical research. I have a few dozen articles and books on Roman and Barbarian Settlement, Organization, Culture, and Books I can send you guys.

In fact, I think Ian Hughes just published a book on the Emperors and Magistri after the death of Aetius.
    Do you know the full name of Ian Hughes new book Magister, it would be a great addition to my library.

I decided to edit this post to ask you something interesting Magister. Did you ever come across a reference on Maioranus, if he ever had a wife or a concubine of any short. The question has troubled me for some time. He will be needing a wife in IB II, as he will be Emperor. I even searched Italian sources on this matter, but remained without an answer.

Cheers
    Last edited by Reno Melitensis; April 08, 2014 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishSpartakus View Post
    its great

We plan on encompassing the entire known Sassanid empire of that time

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    Do you know the full name of Ian Hughes new book Magister, it would be a great addition to my library.

I decided to edit this post to ask you something interesting Magister. Did you ever come across a reference on Maioranus, if he ever had a wife or a concubine of any short. The question has troubled me for some time. He will be needing a wife in IB II, as he will be Emperor. I even searched Italian sources on this matter, but remained without an answer.

Cheers
    If he did, she would certainly have been mentioned in Sidonius Apollinaris' pangeyric. And Sidonius never makes mention of a wife. I'm inclined to believe he died a bachelor. He can't have been born earlier than 430, and no later than 435, so I'm actually not surprised in that regard.

Aetius didn't marry the first time until he was in his mid-30's and Majorian died probably around the age of 35-45. When you have such a successful military, political, and administrative career, it's not surprising.

This mod will have 3 mod leaders. Midnight, Reno Melitensis and myself when we get to it

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast