Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: IB2 FD Map

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: IB2 FD Map

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    You will be happy to hear we now have the Llydaw faction in the Amorica/Brittany region in our next upgraded IB2 Britannia mod. It will be a beginning faction similar to Rheged, thus a difficult faction to play-For the game play and the micro map type size, it fits
    I'll be adding them most likely to the Odoacer mod and possibly here. The bigger the world the lesser we can add a minor faction such as this one
    That is awesome to hear about the Llydaw faction I'm really looking forward to IB2 Britannia mod and even more so about FLAGELLVM DEI as always keep up the good work P.K.

Riwallon's Avatar Libertus

You will be happy to hear we now have the Llydaw faction in the Amorica/Brittany region in our next upgraded IB2 Britannia mod. It will be a beginning faction similar to Rheged, thus a difficult faction to play-For the game play and the micro map type size, it fits
    I'll be adding them most likely to the Odoacer mod and possibly here. The bigger the world the lesser we can add a minor faction such as this one

oh nice!!!!!! well i'm more than happy on this one , i'll never stop playing those mods now

For the symbole faction, Llydaw was known for javeline cavalry (like the Marca) and for the black shield they carry to battle... (there were in arthurian total war so there might be info if needed)

Thanks for the great news Riothamus, i can't wait for the next version...

P.S.: if any help is needed just ask (i mean historicaly, the last time i tried to modify the game i just manage to make it crash )

Icon5 Re: IB2 FD Map

Just a suggestion, how about some small independent states? I don't like that half the world is grey... but that's just my opinion.

Only if it reached to where FD1 was...
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

Redid Britain, Scotland and Ireland Added major rivers, lakes throughout the map

Rivers such as the Euphrates and Tigris are widened at the mouth and are navigatable but do continue on the map
    in their geographical correctness

Last edited by Riothamus; June 27, 2012 at 11:17 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Protestant Knight's Avatar Centenarius

Nice

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

verry nice

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Updated the 457AD Majorian Map
    British Isles provinces reduced and provinces added elsewhere(Gaul)
    Added:
    Red: WRE
    Green: Romano British
    Light Brown: Angli/Saxon/Jute Confederation
    Blue: Merovingian Franks
    Dark green: Suebie
    Orange: Visigoths
    Dark Brown: Vandals
    Yellow: Gepids
    Black: Ostrogoths

Still to add:
    ERE
    Gaels
    Picts
    Sassanids
    Alemanni
    Burgundi
    Langobards
    Bulgars
    Slavs

Map Goal to be like this:
    Just a few inconsitencies;

-Langobards weren't signifigant until towards the end date of your campaign; replacing them with the thuringii (as suggested earlier) would make things interesting between the franks, alemanni, and thuringii
    -Visigoths should only hold pieces of central Tarraconensis below Aquitaine
    -Romans had nominal control over eastern spain under Majoran, in preparation for the attack accross the Gibraltar
    -Aegidius re-joined the Empire under Majoran. There was a thin strip of land connecting Arles/Narbonne (then roman) to Aedigius
    -Aegidius' lands are too extensive - give WRE Narbo, and give the visigoths the 2 provinces above narbonne and toulose.
    -Burgundians were only just beggining to act out in 457, reduce their control by 1 province is what i would reccomend. Gives room for expansion too.
    -Corsica and Sardinia were Roman (as per Ricimer repulsing the vandal assault in 458)

-More inconsistencies
    -Mauretania and Tripolitania were still under Roman control until after 455 (As per the Nov. Valentinian)
    -All of Sicily was Roman (As per the repulsed assault on Palermo of 440)
    -All of spain Minus Tarraconensis and Valentia should be Suebic (As per the suebic conquests up until 446)
    -Amorica should be Roman (As per Aetius' Reconquest with the alans in 435)
    -Burgundians should be reduced to 1 province, supplement the others under roman control (as per the attacks of 436/437)
    -Tournai should be Roman (As per the repulsed assault outside Vicus Helena by Aetius and Majoran in 448)
    -Trier should be Roman (As per another repulsed frankish assault by Aetius)
    -Add the saxons (As per the Groan of the Brittones)
    -Taurica should be ERE
    -As there are no records of vandal raids on corsica and sardinia until 458, they should be Roman.

I need a new map for IBUR, I'm stuck with Vanilla, could you help me contact Icetorque to ask about permission to use his map?

All in all, starting with Majoran is an excellent Idea.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; August 28, 2012 at 02:15 PM.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

Cant wait for this..
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

This is all WIP and unfinished. Its a base model just to have something playable and observable...Dont need where factions should be etc...thank you

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This is all WIP and unfinished. Its a base model just to have something playable and observable...Dont need where factions should be etc...thank you
    Sorry if I insulted you, I was just saying where and why it needs to be revised.

But seriously, Majoran is a great starting point for this campaign. Under Majoran there was still a chance for the WRE to recover, but it was a greater challenge than it was under Aetius. I look forward to playing as him, should make for a difficult and enjoyable campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    Sorry if I insulted you, I was just saying where and why it needs to be revised.

But seriously, Majoran is a great starting point for this campaign. Under Majoran there was still a chance for the WRE to recover, but it was a greater challenge than it was under Aetius. I look forward to playing as him, should make for a difficult and enjoyable campaign.
    I wasn't insulted Aetius. It does gets a little annoying though when the product is basically rough first draft to get it workable. But I do appreciate your interest. Thank You
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 30, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I wasn't insulted Aetius. It does gets a little annoying though when the product is basically rough first draft to get it workable. But I do appreciate your interest. Thank You
    I have no clue about the provinces, but this would be a more accurate representation of both campaigns if you're interested:

453: Saxons are Yellow-Orange, Suebes are Teal

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

This map could be way bigger, just look at SS. Map needs to extend all the way to India and Jaxarta like the first IBFD.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post
    This map could be way bigger, just look at SS. Map needs to extend all the way to India and Jaxarta like the first IBFD.
    That's not necessarily needed. What importance did the Hephtalites and Gupta have with the migrations in Europe anyway? And besides, we get to put more regions into Europe this way.

Quote Originally Posted by YuilenZ01 View Post
    Currently its just a WIP. I most likely will extend it but to what extent we dont know-its not a focus of the team just yet
    Last edited by Riothamus; September 25, 2012 at 08:52 AM.

So how is this coming along?

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

As Rio stated it is a work in progress, the team will give this part of the mod their full focus after rex Italia. Be patient my friend
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Vazura View Post
    So how is this coming along?

Much of the work we do for vandalorum, conquestus and odoacer will be portable to the full IB2 mod. This should help to shorten the modding time for IB2.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Well if you intend on keeping it as a vanilla-ish map, good luck finding any real success with it. I just look at that map and then think of IBFD 1's campaign map and then I look back at this map and shudder.
    Last edited by YuilenZ01; December 17, 2012 at 09:27 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast