Thread: IB2 FD Map

Default Re: IB2 FD Map

Quote Originally Posted by ATN View Post
    What about them Saxons?
    That would be a yes

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    For a different begining I would suggest the start date at 457 AD with Julius Valerius Majorianus Augustus as Emperor, the last chance to preserve the WRE.

Cheers.
    I like Reno's suggestion. Using Majorianius' reign as a start is awesome. And for a second campaign like you said Rio, at the Death of Atilla will make playing even the huns challenging, it is super cool. You have to consider rebellion elements in both cases however, Ricimer would never sit still or accept Majorianus getting popular and successful over him. And the Gepids were the first to rebel from the hun empire not long after Atilla's death. I wonder what method is best to reflect these challenges for the WRE player later and the Hun player earlier will be.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; November 05, 2011 at 03:40 AM.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

Updated the 457AD Majorian Map
    British Isles provinces reduced and provinces added elsewhere(Gaul)
    Added:
    Red: WRE
    Green: Romano British
    Light Brown: Angli/Saxon/Jute Confederation
    Blue: Merovingian Franks
    Dark green: Suebie
    Orange: Visigoths
    Dark Brown: Vandals
    Yellow: Gepids
    Black: Ostrogoths

Still to add:
    ERE
    Gaels
    Picts
    Sassanids
    Alemanni
    Burgundi
    Langobards
    Bulgars
    Slavs

Map Goal to be like this:
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 10, 2011 at 10:23 AM.

Is anything else planned to fill up some of the empty space in the east in russia and the caucasian area? Maybe Avars? Alans? Armenians?
    Slavs could be the Venedi, a tribe of slavs. Franks could be Salian Franks or Merovingians, Salian was the Frankish tribe that dominated, Merovingians the royal family that lead them. There could be a remnant Hun kingdom in the Bosporus. And Swedes and or Gotars could be in the small sweden bit you have.

Looks good. Is the only difference between the map on the first page and the provinces planned, the number of territories?

The top pic on this page has more territories than the one beneath but the one beneath looks planned/fleshed out on relative faction borders.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; November 11, 2011 at 05:34 AM.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    Is anything else planned to fill up some of the empty space in the east in russia and the caucasian area? Maybe Avars? Alans? Armenians?
    Slavs could be the Venedi, a tribe of slavs. Franks could be Salian Franks or Merovingians, Salian was the Frankish tribe that dominated, Merovingians the royal family that lead them. There could be a remnant Hun kingdom in the Bosporus. And Swedes and or Gotars could be in the small sweden bit you have.

Looks good. Is the only difference between the map on the first page and the provinces planned, the number of territories?

The top pic on this page has more territories than the one beneath but the one beneath looks planned/fleshed out on relative faction borders.
    The bottom one is more of the mods goal. The one above is the completed portion thus far. The 457 Majorian campaign(above) may need a few more factions than the 453 death of Attila one

I've been editing the map and names while adding the factions

457AD campaign

453AD campaign pending

Dahoota's Avatar Miles

Looking good, can't wait to play it when you get time to release it

Keep up the good work

Very excited to see this, IB was my favorite mod for Rome

Quote Originally Posted by TheRomanRuler View Post

People and town guards celebrate when i go to war!
    ROMA VICTOR!!!

IT JUST LOOK SO COOL!!!!!
    this

^ yeah, that

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Damned Gladiator. It's Roma VICTRIX!

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Damned Gladiator. It's Roma VICTRIX!
    Well thats old post, know i already know better
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

Riwallon's Avatar Libertus

the Romano-British will not control Brittany?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Not the parts that were under Anglo-Saxon occupation.

i meant Brittany (the region on the west of the actual France on the south of cornwall)

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Sorry mate I read Brittany as britain for some reason (reminder to self to slow down when reading).

At the time the people in Brittany were independent of the Romano British in Britain. People from Britain actually immigrated to Brittany but there wasnt really a govt or leader from Britain ruling the people of Brittany. Honestly it would be better for an independent faction there but there are prob not enough faction slots.

thanks for the rep,
    as i see, brittany seems to be split in three on the map, the western part (probably Vannes "Gwened" for capital) an eastern part (Rennes "Roazhon" maybe) and a southern part (Nantes "Naoned").
    The 2nd wave of Briton emigration (the first was a military one which began at the III century), The "Seven founder saints" arrived in brittany at the begining of the V century (probably because of the pict and scott raids that force romano british to call saxon's help) and they founded all the main city of the western part. Of what i read it seems that the "Seven founder saints" were Romano-British aristocracy. They were so linked to the Romano British that they gave to Brittany's region the same name that the place they were from: Cornouaille (Kernov in breton) and domnonia (Devnon in breton)...
    So i think that giving to romano british the western part of brittany should be logic, because the aristocracy were implanted on both side of the sea and because at that time, they already ruled the main places of Brittany.
    Well that just my point of view, but i might be missing something...
    PS: sorry again for my English

Quote Originally Posted by Riwallon View Post
    thanks for the rep,
    as i see, brittany seems to be split in three on the map, the western part (probably Vannes "Gwened" for capital) an eastern part (Rennes "Roazhon" maybe) and a southern part (Nantes "Naoned").
    The 2nd wave of Briton emigration (the first was a military one which began at the III century), The "Seven founder saints" arrived in brittany at the begining of the V century (probably because of the pict and scott raids that force romano british to call saxon's help) and they founded all the main city of the western part. Of what i read it seems that the "Seven founder saints" were Romano-British aristocracy. They were so linked to the Romano British that they gave to Brittany's region the same name that the place they were from: Cornouaille (Kernov in breton) and domnonia (Devnon in breton)...
    So i think that giving to romano british the western part of brittany should be logic, because the aristocracy were implanted on both side of the sea and because at that time, they already ruled the main places of Brittany.
    Well that just my point of view, but i might be missing something...
    PS: sorry again for my English
    You will be happy to hear we now have the Llydaw faction in the Amorica/Brittany region in our next upgraded IB2 Britannia mod. It will be a beginning faction similar to Rheged, thus a difficult faction to play-For the game play and the micro map type size, it fits
    I'll be adding them most likely to the Odoacer mod and possibly here. The bigger the world the lesser we can add a minor faction such as this one
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    The IB2 FD map is workable and I have done further work to it. Its almost as advanced as the IB2 Odoacer mod

Release date is always a non answerer on the public forums
    We can discuss it in the dev room but mods will progress rapidly from this point on for much of the foundation has been already set up in the prior released mods. Currently the team is focused on the Odoacer mod but I have been jumping about setting things about such as the IBFD Mod. The Domaine of Soissons will be under Majorian in the 457 campaign. In the 476AD campaign I'm not sure yet
    Wow, really that advanced, cannot wait. Is there a list of factions? and am I right in thinking there is more than one campaign ?

Signature made by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by Constantius View Post
    Wow, really that advanced, cannot wait. Is there a list of factions? and am I right in thinking there is more than one campaign ?
    Correct. Their will be two campaigns

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast