Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Release: Hammer & Anvil: Coming Soon

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: Release: Hammer & Anvil: Coming Soon

it will be sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato_Sandwich View Post
    Don't get your hopes up too much guys it wont be ready that soon.

Soon though. Soon.....

For appeasement here you go:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Look, its Ralph de Gael!
    Tomato Sandwich, that photo you posted raised quite a few questions, luckily for you though, I'm too busy killing dragons [Skyrim reference anyone?], or else I'd ask a lot more

1. What on God's green earth has London become?? Lundewic? Will there be some mod option, which creates normal names for all the cities, so us normal folk may understand, what each city is.

2. Why is Ralph de Gael's name spelt Ralph deGael, shouldn't there be a space?

3. Will Ralph de Gael be part of a pop up event, where he leads an uprising against you? Although its strange, because here it seems as if you control him, but under the Norman banner
    What trickery is this?

4. Will the mini-map look less confusing, or will it be changed. I understand your going for the whole Medieval look, but it looks hard to look at, and use, compared to the regular and efficient geographic map used everywhere else.

Otherwise it looks beautiful!

have played many times in thoughts, and now will play in reality, sooon.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    1. What on God's green earth has London become?? Lundewic? Will there be some mod option, which creates normal names for all the cities, so us normal folk may understand, what each city is.
    IIRC place names will automatically update over time and they represent the dialect of the general population, therefore, just after the invasion most poeple in Norman England are still speaking Saxon English,

if this is still true i think it's awesome, though i'm only an amateur historian so i'm sure there's going to be some eyebrow-raising place names for me!

PIPA and SOPA are “the equivalent of being angry and trying to take action against Ford just because a Mustang was used in a bank robbery.” - Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

The Turk- nice questions thanks for the feedback, but we're all dead busy right now. It would be much more likely for you to get a response if you plopped your Qs in the interview thread. It's about all we can manage right now.

And dude, deGael with or without space is the least of our worries right now! Ralph was actually back on good terms with Le Bastard at this point, but his loyalty will be very low- and as we've said before that will create huge issues and fire loads of cool scripts, many of which will optional such as imprisonment or 'sanctioning', a new one we've been working on.

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

GOD DAMNIT RELEASE ALL READY!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

thats the plan!

Tomato Sandwich, that photo you posted raised quite a few questions, luckily for you though, I'm too busy killing dragons [Skyrim reference anyone?], or else I'd ask a lot more
    Fus Ro Dah!!!!!!!!!!! lol i don't have Skyrim, but it was big influence on the internets for me to look the Fus Ro Dah phrase on Know Your Meme and by god can it be funny.

Is it out yet?? NO back to
    Dreaming: ALL HAIL THE KING.

juvenus's Avatar Campidoctor

dear lord, i drop by after few months and i see this. the supermod's getting close to the actual release! fantastic, just that-bloody fantastic.

Christianus's Avatar Miles

Iwe been following this mod since the first preview a loooong time ago, and checked the forums often. But still I cannot understand what this Hammer & Anvil is:S

Looking forward anyhow!!! :p
    Ὦ ξεῖν', ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε
    κείμεθα, τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

String your bows, my good men, not long now I hope...

Roger the Alien: God! Who do you have to probe around here to get this Mod?

Senator

Personally I'd rather they took their time to release a good finished product.

Agreed! Lets just wait another 253 years!

Edit: A beta to let us fans find bugs and point out things is always good I think:p
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

Agreed! Lets just wait another 253 years!

Christianus not many are like us and are Immortal. They cant wait another 253 years, they will be dead by that time.

hehe No kidding! Im dying for the beta. Is there any need for betatesters at this point?
    - Σιμωνίδης ὁ Κεῖος

2. Why is Ralph de Gael's name spelt Ralph deGael, shouldn't there be a space?

3. Will Ralph de Gael be part of a pop up event, where he leads an uprising against you? Although its strange, because here it seems as if you control him, but under the Norman banner
    What trickery is this?

4. Will the mini-map look less confusing, or will it be changed. I understand your going for the whole Medieval look, but it looks hard to look at, and use, compared to the regular and efficient geographic map used everywhere else.

Otherwise it looks beautiful!
    Sorry about the late reply here. Hross is the man to answer these questions but he's up to his neck in it. so my answers will have to do for now. Hross can correct my ignorance when he sees it.

1) This is an area of contention and i'm staying way out of it. its been brought up a lot, if you search you should be able to find the team's replies. i can't remember them. A lot of the cities will actually be fairly obvious (you knew it was london!) but a quick google check will tell you the others. besides, now you know what London was called in 1080!

2) I posted it right after i'd coded it so the names hadn't been checked over yet. don't worry that kind of thing wont be around in the release.... hopefully

3) Hross might be able to give you a stronger answer than this, but my reasoning was that after his lands in england were taken from him, after his revolt, he wasn't actually an enemy of the king. its a difficult one really. But him and his 3 sons will have very low loyalty and appropriate traits so they will likely become a thorn in your side if you don't keep an eye on them. He was still very much active in Brittany, and as you control him you can make him so. There are a lot of named generals included who appear to have been somewhat independent, but this will be addressed with traits. one of the biggest challenges of the game will be keeping your subjects in line. Again, Hross will be able to give a more informed answer than this, i just follow orders!

4) this has also been asked quite a few times. if you search for it you should find a satisfactory answer somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Christianus View Post
    hehe No kidding! Im dying for the beta. Is there any need for betatesters at this point?
    The mod is a bit away from that yet. there are numerous little things that still need doing before it becomes properly playable. we are working at full speed though and its coming along at a good pace. don't worry we're not all just sat here playing it and pretending its necessary testing! its amazing how much there is to actually do when it comes to it. and how time consuming each task is. and the team is actually quite small! Hross is always looking for volunteers though check out a the family tree previews in a week or so, we'll have something very special for you.
    All we can ask of you guys is an endless font of patience, and your continued support because that's why we're doing this in the end.
    Veni Vidi Velcro

good job

Without their hard work there would be no DOTS allow them time