Thread: The New Writer's Study [m's model]

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default The New Writer's Study [m's model]

Below is the given model. I chose a new thread because it would be convenient for depiction and feedback.

In service of the Writer's Study...

The Writer's Realm

The Writer's Realm
    1. Tale of the Week.
    2. After Action Reports.
    3. Creative Writing and Fiction.
    4. Writer's Lounge.
    5. Guild Hall.
    6. Competitions.
    7. Hall of Gentlemen.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Tale of the week would be more finite. We could have just one picture boards, and the rest remains. Writer's Lounge would be for senior writers to blog and give feedback. People can also ask questions here. Guild Hall for challenges, and other games. Games which enhances writing skills. Also a place for all members to hang out. Competitions include MAARC, BAARC, and other competitions we can include. Hall of Gentlemen like a sort of biographies sections of members. This I leave at discretion of the WS team.
    Last edited by m_1512; October 30, 2011 at 12:19 AM.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: The New Writer's Study [m's model]

I think it's a good layout. I don't really see a need for the 'Guild Hall' it seems rather similar to the Writer's Lounge, only difference that you can issue challenges, which I can't see being very popular anyway as there was a duel/challenge subforum for TOTW but that never really took off. I also think the addition of 'and Fiction' to 'Creative Writing' is a bit pointless, I'd rather we kept it simple. Apart from that it's very nice.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: The New Writer's Study [m's model]

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    Below is the given model. I chose a new thread because it would be convenient for depiction and feedback.

In service of the Writer's Study...

The Writer's Realm

The Writer's Realm
    1. Tale of the Week.
    2. After Action Reports.
    3. Creative Writing and Fiction.
    4. Writer's Lounge.
    5. Guild Hall.
    6. Competitions.
    7. Hall of Gentlemen.

ADDITIONAL NOTES

Tale of the week would be more finite. We could have just one picture boards, and the rest remains. Writer's Lounge would be for senior writers to blog and give feedback. People can also ask questions here. Guild Hall for challenges, and other games. Games which enhances writing skills. Also a place for all members to hang out. Competitions include MAARC, BAARC, and other competitions we can include. Hall of Gentlemen like a sort of biographies sections of members. This I leave at discretion of the WS team.
    I can't see much difference with the present situation with an exception of some forums switching and name changing.

Tale of the Week.
    Competitions.
    Putting one competition in a visual place and hiding the other one isn't a good idea. I am not going to let one competition get all the attention. Putting Tale of the Week in a competition forum isn't going to happen maybe you missed my post about the competition forum so i will explain this in short again. This was the original set up when we created the writers study activity dropped for both competitions.

Guild Hall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    I don't really see a need for the 'Guild Hall' it seems rather similar to the Writer's Lounge, only difference that you can issue challenges, which I can't see being very popular anyway as there was a duel/challenge subforum for TOTW but that never really took off.
    Hall of Gentlemen.
    This sounds similar to what we already have TWC Members Blogs.

Creative Writing and Fiction.
    I have no problem with this but i would like to hear from others what they think of this before i make any changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    I also think the addition of 'and Fiction' to 'Creative Writing' is a bit pointless, I'd rather we kept it simple.
    I think the biggest problem lies in the fact that members who visit this place are here mainly for the AARs forums, they probably have there forums that they visit frequently bookmarked/subscriped and there for miss out all the other things we do around here.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; October 30, 2011 at 03:05 AM.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator