1. (Severe) Ability to create an infinite amount of veteran slots by doing three easy steps (I. Launch Shogun 2, II. Delete "Hand Mortars" veteran, III. Restart game). Doing so, the "Hand Mortars" will reappear in the veteran list once Shogun is restarted, and an extra slot will be given.
2. (Severe) Pre-hotfix silver and gold players keep their veteran slots (bug which gave +50 instead of +10 every prestige I believe, correct me if I'm wrong), AND their general's cost is the same. However, new people who go into prestige will only get 10 extra veteran slots per prestige, AND their general will cost more. I think this really needs to be looked into. I would suggest that the bugged system pre-hotfix is kept, so that the general's cost is unaffected and you are given 50 extra veteran slots per prestige. That would actually make prestiging worthwhile, as it takes some time to level up to 10 and since the general will cost more, there will be many unbalances, especially in 5k battles, and for example a bronze vs gold battle will be in favour of the bronze player, as he'll have extra koku he could have spent on upgrades. This is especially annoying for competitive players, as for max effectiveness they will have to stay in bronze level 10. EDIT: Seemingly the general does not cost more in gold level 10 even after the hotfix, but the hotfix did say that it would cost more... Is this a bug?
3. Retainer drop system. I personally do not like the way it is implemented, as with over 800 battles under my belt I still miss World-Weary, Blademaster, Heavenly Banner (I think that's how the retainer is called?) and some other retainers. I would say that a retainer should be given every 20 levels or so, but people who start out first should have a higher chance of getting them obviously.
4. Retainer system. As of now, it heavily favours spears. Naginata samurai and naginata warrior monks rule the game right now, especially naginata samurai as they are able to, with all the proper retainers, beat down the katana samurai. This should not be the case, katana samurai should win against spear units, because the spear units are supposed to actually fight against cav. At the moment, naginata samurai veterans are very capable in melee (very comparable to katana samurai, I'd actually say that the naginata samurai can win), they can take care of cavalry very well, and they have higher armour. So technically, they have no weakness, especially as I believe their non-upgraded (vanilla) cost is the same.
5. (Severe) Strange battle mechanic. Let's say, for example, that there are 2 cavalry units in melee, Great Guard vs Great Guard for example. They both charge each other, and once they are in melee, here is what you can do to gain an easy edge in the battle. You select your Great Guard, and then double click 10-20 meters in front of your cavalry unit, right past the enemy cavalry. A slaughter will ensue, your Great Guard demolishing the Great Guard your opponent has. In my opinion, if anything, this should be the other way around. I believe this works, in certain situations, with non-horse units (katana samurai, naginata warrior monks, etc)
6. Uselessness of Great Guard. Before the September patch, not so many people used them as they were very expensive, now they're even more expensive and they're capped to 1. I have never seen anyone bring great guards in avatar mode after the September patch, so unit variety in battles has suffered.
7. (Low) Ability to skip the intro completely (as in not even load it). I realize this may not be on the top of the list, of course, but if you're someone like me who starts Shogun up hundreds of times, it becomes annoying to keep pressing "Esc" to skip the intros. Can there not be an option somewhere to select whether we want to see the intro every time we start the game, or skip it? Surely it shouldn't be something very hard to code compared to the other things.
8. MSAAx2 does not work properly (selected troops are not properly displayed on the map, as in they're not highlighted correctly if at all on this AA setting). Maybe not everyone can reproduce it, but I personally have been able to, and so has a friend of mine.
9. The DX9 and DX11 Benchmarks do not use the same settings, so it's a bit misleading. At least the "Balanced" benchmark is different, as on a good, DX11 capable card the Balanced DX9 benchmark produces slightly more FPS than the DX11 one, which is impossible of course as DX11 is more optimized for newer graphic cards. The reason why this happens is because, like I said, the graphic options used in the benchmarks differ for DX9 and DX11, which is very misleading. I believe a lot of people would think that Balanced DX11 vs Balanced DX9 would actually be tested on the same settings, except for the DirectX version. Correct me if I'm wrong.
10. Units do not respond to orders. This is a bug that happened to me very recently, but very few times in total, which is a bug that is extremely difficult to reproduce of course.
11. Freezing in battle list. I believe the screen freezes for everyone in the "room" of the battle (but I do not know in which case, I believe it happens when someone with a poor connection tries to join the game though) Most of the time, once the game is frozen, the only way to escape this issue is to do a CTRL+ALT+DEL and end the Shogun process.
12. 5k funds balance. I don't think it is very well balanced, as it is possible to spam the new naginata attendants and sword attendants in 5k, making such an army very difficult to defeat in my opinion. Perhaps capping them could be a solution.
13. Extreme FPS hit once the melee battle ensues, zoomed out or not. I am not playing on ultra settings, but rather high settings, because ultra settings is unplayable once the melee battle starts. I don't know if this can be optimized or not, but I sure hope so. If it could be optimized more, I would definitely appreciate it, as I make YouTube videos and livestream sometimes, and I have a quite popular channel on YouTube (ThePrussianPrince). I would, of course, be able to produce higher quality videos if the FPS was better, as I wouldn't have to lower them to reach smoothness.
14. I don't know if this is ATI graphic card related or not (I'm willing to believe it is possible though), but in custom battle, large funds and large unit size, 3v3-4v4 causes strange animation stuttering sometimes, and not very responsive mouse, even if the FPS is at 70-80. I don't believe this issue happens in online classic battles or avatar battles, but I may be wrong.
15. Battle replays do not work properly sometimes (as in sometimes the winner is someone else lol). I'm pretty sure this has been stated plenty of times already, but I confirm this bug myself.
16. Not sure if it's a bug or not, but I can only see people in the chat who have the same Region as me on Steam I believe. This can be annoying, especially when there are only 2-3 others from your region. I suggest showing every player that's in the multiplayer chat at that time in the list, regardless of region.
17. Matchmaking problems. It happened 2-3 times to me that with just "Land" selected in the set-up team menu and disallowing others to join the team, I was put in a 2v3 with my friend. Strange and very rare, but it has happened.
18. The MM selection window that pops up with the six options for battle types no longer saves which choices are made the last battle that was played (say Land, siege, 1v1, and drop-in were selected). Next battle would only have land and 1v1 (crzyrndm's submission)
19. (Severe) Much like the first issue presented by me, it is possible to gain more than one veteran slot each restart. You can see that the other DLC units (not Hand Mortars) cannot be deleted at a glance, but if you add those veterans to your army, and then you select them from the veteran list (not your army composition list) you will find that you can delete them. Restart the game, and it is possible to gain over 10 veteran slots like this, every time you do it.
20. The screen where army compositions and clans are selected for classic battles can sometimes be misleading, as it can, rarely though, display a clan that the opponent has not actually taken. I am not entirely sure what causes this, but I, personally, have experienced this bug 3-4 times before. It's not frequent, so that's fine.
21. Hosted classic battles do not appear under filter "All". (Submitted by VersionLangley and confirmed by me)
22. MP campaign desync, unable to progress past turn 50. (Submitted by fumle)
23. Tetsubo warrior monk hero is not regarded as a monk, and as such monk retainers do not affect this unit, possibly sword retainers as well. (Submitted by fumle)
24. Shogun 2 main menu uses an abnormal amount of VRAM, and highly stresses the computer to produce as many FPS as it can. I suggest capping the main menu FPS to 60 and/or optimizing the main menu so that it isn't such a resource hog. I believe my computer works harder in the menu, than in the actual battles.
25. Enable silent notifications to players when the graphics get downgraded. Just noting what is downgraded in gfx.log is not enough, as a lot of people, I believe, are not even aware of its existence or that if their settings get downgraded at all. Simple text appearing on the screen should do it. Regarding this issue, I also suggest adding a checkbox in the graphics options which allows you to force graphic settings regardless of whether the game wants to downgrade the graphics or not.
26. Reviving dead units. There is a video of this on YouTube (not mine), which I think speaks for itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgRF-W8ABs0
27. Pre-patch stats for naginata warrior monks in classic battles. (Submitted by VersionLangley)
28. State academy in Kyoto province has no encyclopedia page. (Submitted by Plumo)
29. On ultra high detail: waves (near the coastline) show white lines, through the waves. (Submitted by Plumo)
30. Classic battle caps. No heavy gunner cap? No long yari ashigaru cap? I think those units need to be capped in classic battles as well, asides from other ones like naginata warrior monks.