Thread: AoD CORE Questions

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default AoD CORE Questions

I am playing Arsenal of Democracy right now with the CORE mod and i am a bit confused on some things they did not explain in their manual.

I am currently playing as Turkey right now. A few things came up that confuse me.

Why can't i build any industry?

Can i change my nation's industrial status? (Right now i am considered a Pre-Industrial country and i want to become a Semi-Industrial country)

What tech or event do i need to start being able to build mechanized divisons of troops?
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Default Re: AoD CORE Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    I am playing Arsenal of Democracy right now with the CORE mod and i am a bit confused on some things they did not explain in their manual.

I am currently playing as Turkey right now. A few things came up that confuse me.

Why can't i build any industry?
    you need to get the required industry tech level on the tech tree flow chart. I cant remember which one right now, but it should say on the tech chart when you highlight it

Can i change my nation's industrial status? (Right now i am considered a Pre-Industrial country and i want to become a Semi-Industrial country)
    i dont think so. Not for this time scale.

What tech or event do i need to start being able to build mechanized divisons of troops?
    iirc, its the tech level after you can build 1939 Motorised Infantry. Click on Mech Div tech in the tree, and it will highlight what you need to build it (the techs required will have an "R" next to them).

Btw, you can only build 6 battallion infantry and not 9 bat infantry with Turkey. Same with Italy. So keep that in mind when you go toe to toe with 9 batt infantry

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    you need to get the required industry tech level on the tech tree flow chart. I cant remember which one right now, but it should say on the tech chart when you highlight it

i dont think so. Not for this time scale.

iirc, its the tech level after you can build 1939 Motorised Infantry. Click on Mech Div tech in the tree, and it will highlight what you need to build it (the techs required will have an "R" next to them).

Btw, you can only build 6 battallion infantry and not 9 bat infantry with Turkey. Same with Italy. So keep that in mind when you go toe to toe with 9 batt infantry
    Thanks

EDIT: Found the tech that lets me build industry. Last question though. How do you get it? Its the Heavy Industry tech. It only allows me to research light industry. What requirement am i missing that allows me to research Heavy Industry?
    Last edited by Vanoi; October 24, 2011 at 06:17 AM.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    Thanks

EDIT: Found the tech that lets me build industry. Last question though. How do you get it? Its the Heavy Industry tech. It only allows me to research light industry. What requirement am i missing that allows me to research Heavy Industry?
    sorry for the delay.

i'm afraid you cant research Heavy industry. Same for Japan same for Italy. You should be able to build IC after you research the 1939 industry techs (i cant remember the industry tech tree right now).

With CORE, it makes a massive diff to your available IC if you are at war or not. Maybe start a war with Bulgaria or Greece and you'll see the rise in IC.