Write comprehensive guides for DarthMod Factions and you will see it here for all people to read with links to the threads for discussion!
First One published is of Grand Duke Vytautas!
Germania guide for DarthMod 7.0 by Grand Duke Vytautas!(link)
Hi there fierce Germanic warriors wahaa *goes berserk*!:laugh4:
I'm playing as Germania on h/h v1.5 at the moment in my fav DarthMod 7.0.3 and would like to share my short experience :book: fighting as arguably best barbarian faction (imo among Britons and Scythians)
Germania start with crapy economy so this is what I did:
1) conquer as much rebel regions as you can without overstreching too much
2) get money into your treasury via diplomacy: swap trade rights, map information, get aliances with first Dacia and Scythia (cuz I didn't want to wage war east) to secure peace on eastern front (ww2 hey? :skull: ). Send your diplomat wandering across the known world then and get as much denarii as you can.
3) aim for economy not military buildings first: build roads, farms, ports, mines, basic traders first.
4) Specialize your cities according to military units: germania is heavy inf faction so build few stables that cover some provinces, aim for barracks and archery buildings more.
5) Specialize your settlements according to temples: germans have
freyja (increase pop growth) - build it in low basic farming region
donar (grants chevrons and berserkers) - specialize according to situation
woden (grants exp and allows naked fanatics and later gothic cav) - my fav and most popular temple.
6) Aim your war machine west: the britons will be a real thorn in your side so make sure you take care of them first. I tried to make them my protectorate after taking Londinium but when they disagreed I completely crushed them muhahaha :furious3: After britons its gauls time to be anihilated haha, then comes julii.
EARLY GERMAN BALANCED ARMY (untill you reached 6000 pop)
Spear phalanx warband: these guys totally rock! :laugh4: they can hold units with their phalanx ability at a distance for your flanking forces to attack, plus they have bonus against cav, they are defencive unit (like greeks phalanxes). Usually I have 4-8 of these units in stack according to offensive or defensive situation
Skirmisher warband: place them behind your spear center or on the flanks as if you wish. I have mostly 2-4 of these in my army.
Flanking fanatical inf forces: now we are talking about real germanic killers wahhaaa
Axemen warband basic flanking force use this when you have no better flanking units. 4-6 units in stack
Berserker gang : 2 units in army, they are totally crazy :burnout: make sure you unleash them when center is engaged and watch the fun lol~ They are vulnerable to cav and archers though, but in melee they can rout just about anything.
Naked fanatics - a substitute for berserkers, larger numbers can have almost the same effect as berserkers :skull: They go crazy too lol
Cavalry: you only have Barbarian light cavalry in early army so have 2-4 units per army and use them to kill enemy skirmishers, routing enemies or for rear charges but be careful of prolonged melee, cuz they are light cav
GERMAN LATE/ELITE ARMY (when 3rd class buildings are available)
Gothic infantry: same function as spear warband - holding center, but hugely stronger. Phalanx rocks! 4-8 units in stack
Chosen archer warband: the 2nd best barb foot archers (after foresters) imo - long range deadly accuracy also can act as light flanking troops! have 2-4 units per stack
Flanking fanatical inf:
Night raiders better substitute for plain axemen, cuz they instill fear to enemy inf and better stats. 2 units in army
Berserker gang: good old crazy berserkers is always good to have unleash flanking hell with them muhahaha!!! :skull: Imo that's german coolest unit. 2 units
Chosen axemen oh I love this unit they are totally devastating with their 2 handed axes and effective against armour which means you can kick some roman armoured ass lol :2thumbsup: They are vulnerable to missiles and cav so be careful. 4-6 units
2 units of Barbarian Light Cavalry to chase routers
Barbarian Noble Cavalry standard barb heavy cav, heavy shocking charge, good melee 2-4 units
Gothic cavalry now these elite german horsemen totally owns :2thumbsup: They are probably the best barbarian heavy cavalry. Use them as a better substitute for noble cav.
Thats it! Hope I gave you quite good idea :book: how to kick ass as Germans lol
Wahaaaa! *berserker taunt* I feel like a real barbarian lol
P.S I posted this in http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...34#post1118434