Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Alternative Map/Gameplay Project [RELEASED] (New Version 1.1)

Icon2 The Alternative Map/Gameplay Project [RELEASED] (New Version 1.1)

This is a submod I have been working on for the past several days. I personally enjoy it, so I figured I would release it. This map includes a completely redone campaign map and some other minor game changes and balances. The map is not necessarily more realistic, just an alternative version. I'm not entirely done with it, there may be a few more features I may add, but here are the release notes:

*Some coastlines redone.
    *Ports no longer cut into certain settlements.
    *No more floating settlements (London for example).
    *Campaign map terrain completly redone.
    *Trade more profitable.
    *Added realistic horses for the Normans/new info cards.
    *Minor unit stat changes/berserkers are no longer overwhelming.
    *Normans can now construct the academy, monastery, and hospital building trees.
    *Eastern Frankish Empire now stands a chance against Denmark.
    *Added a few more resorces.
    *Changed the norman family tree/not historical.
    *Changed Vestfold so heir is in the family tree/not historical.
    *Looting or exterminating a settlement is now more profitable, It will be a harder choice when you need money.
    *Lowered building times, at the expense of building cost.
    *Other minor changes.

- Version 1.1 -

*East Franks now have the hospital, monastery, and academy building trees.
    *All factions start neutral for a better sandbox game style.
    *Made a few map adjustments.
    *Removed the Maygars from the campaign for now to help the East Franks even more.
    *Cavalry charges are more powerful.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I know how people are about historical accuracy, so I can change the family trees back if its requested. If there are any suggestions or comments, I would like to hear them. This is basically the first mod I have released, so I hope you enjoy it. In future releases I might extend the map to include more of France and Sweden, add some new factions. I would need someone who can skin units and make banners.

I have to give a big thank you to DaNova and all the TLK team for providing such a great mod to build on. Awesome mod guys!

-Installation:

-Download the data.7z, or data(1.1).7z attachment depending on your preference. The data(1.1).7z has the 1.1 changes plus everything that data.7z has in it, extract to (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Last_Kingdom), overwrite all, thats it.

-You need 7z to extract it http://www.7-zip.org/download.html.

-To uninstall, make sure you backup the files before you overwrite them.
    Last edited by Oberbefehlshaber; November 09, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

Celtichugs123's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Alternative Map/Gameplay Project [RELEASED]

Looks to be a good change log!

Though, the floating London issue is odd. Sure that's not just you? A bug I mean.

I personally wouldn't expand the Map, you need to remember this is still a Beta. DaNova plans to expand the Map in the future anyway! Though, it's enitrelly up to you ofcourse!

Celtic,
    Vikingr

The Last Kingdom

“For myself, I find I become less cynical rather than more--remembering my own sins and follies; and realize that men's hearts are not often as bad as their acts, and very seldom as bad as their words.”
    - J.R.R Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post

Though, the floating London issue is odd. Sure that's not just you? A bug I mean.

I personally wouldn't expand the Map, you need to remember this is still a Beta. DaNova plans to expand the Map in the future anyway! Though, it's enitrelly up to you ofcourse!

Celtic,
    Yeah, you were the second person to ask about the floating cities thing. when I say floating, I guess I really mean not level with the ground.

I did not know the map was not final, glad DaNova still has plans for this mod. If you guys ever need any extra help, I would be glad to. In my opinion, DaNova is the best skinner on TWC.

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Celtichugs123 View Post

Celtic,
    No i have them too, it's mostly ones beside rivers/sea that do it, not that bad but if you wanted to expand/change the map it is a good thing to fix.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

That looks pretty good, I'll give it a try!

So do you guys like this map better or worse than the original? I was hoping I could get some feedback to know the general opinion people have of the mod.
    Last edited by Oberbefehlshaber; November 09, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: The Alternative Map/Gameplay Project [RELEASED] (New Version 1.1)

like the map..dislike ALL the game changes. the balance was already great in my opinion.
    Last edited by Macrath; November 22, 2011 at 02:29 AM.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

The thing I dont like here is the lowered building times. Everything is only 1 turn! at least in the beginning. Maybe they should be 2 turns? I feel that having them being built in 1 turn is like cheating. I like the map, you've made the coastlines better, but I liked the different "height settings" of the vanilla map, if you understand what I mean. I men that some parts are lower than other parts of the map and so on, not only the mountains are tall, but some of the land as well.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

hyretic's Avatar Decanus

really nice map!

I suppose this mod is not compatible with RR/RC for tLK.
    Is that right?

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Hey, so I loaded an old save after I installed this, and now, some regions are messed up. For example, a region I know is "said" on the map to be controlled by the Frankish Empire, and a few roads are all messes up in color, while another road just shows up when i scroll to one particular place. Can this be fixed or will I have to reinstall and not use this mod?
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

gilgalad's Avatar Libertus

I really like the change to Normandy. It looks much better than the original that felt too thin and cut off. I do not know about accuracy, perhaps there is a balance, but I would prefer this map of the Normandy area in the next and/or final version of TLK, which I am really enjoying playing.

I have not installed this mod now as I do not know when it was updated and what it will do to the lastest version of TLK. Is it possible to have a download that will only change the world map without the other game changes??

I really like the new map but I was playing a game as the Normans and when Hrolfr inn Gongur showed up for the Normans his ships where placed next to Rouen which with the new map is on land and you can't move them. At best I got them to disapperar but this loss of a powerful navy is a big blow to the early Norman game. Anyway to fix this? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Change the spawning location in the campaign_script.

Search for "heathen", and right above it you will find this:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    spawn_army
    faction normans
    character random_name, admiral, age 23, x 118, y 2
    traits sailor 2
    unit Drakkar exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Drakkar exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Snekkja exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Snekkja exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Leidangskip exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end
    historic_event gangerolv_emerges2
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

You have to change the coordinates to water ones. You can find coordinates in-game by pointing the cursor to a tile and typing in the console "show_cursorstat".

Next time you can move the fleet with the console. Find the coordinates of a place you want to move the fleet to, then type in the console "move_character Admiral Beardson x,y".

Thanks again k/t. I ended up temporarily returning the map to it's original configuration by overwriting the changes using a vanilla 3.06 copy of the data folder, allowed the Hrolfr event to occur and then moved the new fleet out to sea and returned the map to to the Alternate Map. However your information is much appreciated and better than my solution. Also, like I said in my other post concerning TPY, I'll go to the mod workshop for some schooling. Thanks.

I found the right place in the script and changed the coordinates of the navy intro in my new game and it worked perfectly. Thanks again.

Icon5 Re: The Alternative Map/Gameplay Project [RELEASED] (New Version 1.1)

Download Link?!

What is the change?

If you want to download this, PM the creator and the people who got the submod.

I don't understand the second question. What the submod does is in the first post.

Sorry!I was mistaken the second question.
    OH! I see

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast