Thread: Please help. Need to remove the buff given by 'scares enemies'

Default Please help. Need to remove the buff given by 'scares enemies'

If you enable scares enemies to a unit in the PFM. you cant get rid of it on the given unit in game. Even if you change the variable to false; the unit stays with it.

Subsequently, after the last patch, i now find that any units i've custom made that accidentally have this trait, can route an entire army.

I have a unit of 20 men with this trait who went up against 4000 samurai and routed them all. The samurai also have 22 moral instead of the default 6.

This makes the game unplayable with the custom units i spent days making.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

M

Default Re: Please help. Need to remove the buff given by 'scares enemies'

Did you enable it directly in the patch file or did you make your own .pack?

it was from my own .pack. i'm only playing with mates though, so i'd be willing to disable it in the games .pack (patch10.pack i believe) if possible. Just wondering if it's hard coded or not.

Did you use the most updated version of PFM? Previous versions tend to not save correctly or tend to mess up.

You might just want to remove that whole row from your pack file just to get rid of that ability...?

i shall try this. never thought of it. thanks for the suggestion

Any one have found something about this Scares enemies syndrome ?.

I can't get rid of this bug

Kaunitz's Avatar Centenarius

I think the columns are incorrectly labeled in the Packfile-manager. The "scares enemies" attribute seems to relate with both (!?) of these two columns: "Inspires Allies" and "Good Stamina". I set both of them to "false" and thereby got rid of the "scares enemies" attribute. ["Inspires Allies" is incorrectly labeled "heat resistant", "good stamina" is incorrectly labeled "cold resistant"] Once I've discovered some more columns, I'm going to upload my schema for Daniu.

What actually annoys me much more is that even though the scare-range seems to work correctly now for the first time, I can't set the strength of the effect itself (the row in the morale_tables doesn't seem to work).
    Last edited by Kaunitz; February 04, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
    KAUNITZ PROJECT
    - a modding project for a better representation of XVIIIth century warfare -

I had to rebuilt the Stat land file completely ( not just copy/past) to get rid of this syndrome Scare enemy
    The reconstruction template must be upon the stat land at least like in patch10 ;
    I have PFM 1.6.7 beta ( I don't know if there is another better release)
    - Bugs also occurs ( sometime) when you try to edit the unit_variant files ( sometime it crashes; sometime not) : So you have to use Taw's tool to edit the variant ; much safer than to do it with the PFM
    ... I think there is also a bug in the Use grappling hooks column ( I set it to false)
    .... morale is working for me

scope2007's Avatar Civis

I have encountered the scares enemies problem, however I was able to remove it without a hitch.

The problem was the strength of the effect, much as Kaunitz describes - the effect makes it so that I can rout an entire enemy army with just one unit.

Anyone figured how to set the strength yet?

I am having this problem too. I activated "good stamina" for a whole bunch of units and now units are fleeing from each other before combat begins. Anyone have a solution for this? Lots of work wasted if this is irreversible.