Thread: Help! Custom units crashing to desktop with ROTS

Icon4 Help! Custom units crashing to desktop with ROTS

Before ROTS i had been using AUM-SHO custom units mod. I had also added to this some custom units of my own.

Now i find some of these custom units work and some dont.

The ones that dont (when testing in custom battle) cause a crash to desktop.

I will probably bin this game if i cant fix it because unit creation takes so much time.

Please if anyone knows what might be causing this, i would appreciate any info i can get.

Ta,

M

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: Help! Custom units crashing to desktop with ROTS

Upload the mod so we can take a look?

I managed to fix this particular issue. I had created custom battle entities and forgot to sync them back up. Now i have a huge problem with units routing before they even fight. For some reason my units have the 'scares enemies' ability ( i believe this is a glitch; if you change this in the units_stats_land table and then change it back, it never updates). So i have 2 units of 20 men with 150 moral each, getting 1 meter from each other then running away shattered.

I even tried raising the moral to 1000 and still can't fix it

Icon3 Re: Help! Custom units crashing to desktop with ROTS

Quote Originally Posted by scabmiester View Post
    I managed to fix this particular issue. I had created custom battle entities and forgot to sync them back up. Now i have a huge problem with units routing before they even fight. For some reason my units have the 'scares enemies' ability ( i believe this is a glitch; if you change this in the units_stats_land table and then change it back, it never updates). So i have 2 units of 20 men with 150 moral each, getting 1 meter from each other then running away shattered.

I even tried raising the moral to 1000 and still can't fix it
    Hello,

The ability (scares enemies) is not a glitch! You have the same problem that I had! But I found the error why the units get the scare ability! I had the old hacked unit_stats_land_table form the release where the PFM Editor don't open this table! And used this table to my mods! Now the new PFM is out and no hack is needed! But the new release of PFM corrupted my old unit_stats_land_table with my old mods that I made with the scare ability! Ok, I open patch 10 and extracted the new unit_stats_land table and add the value form my old unit_stats_land table to the new one and work no more scare ability!

If you had a old unit_stats_land table maybe the new PFM Editor corrupted your table and add the scare ability and no you can't disable it! You need the new unit_stats_land table form patch 10 for your mods! With the table form patch 10 you don't get the scare ability problem!

ah yes. but if the units i made are from the corrupted table, that means i will have to manually recreate all of my custom units on the new table?

Quote Originally Posted by scabmiester View Post
    ah yes. but if the units i made are from the corrupted table, that means i will have to manually recreate all of my custom units on the new table?
    Yes, recreate like I did with the unit_stats_land table from patch 10!

If you saved/tweaked or modify your mod with the Pack File Manager (PFM) 1.6.7 Beta Game Over your unit_stats_land table is corrupted! That was my problem and I need long time to know who enable the scare ability and how I could disable it!

Its hard, the recreate your units to a new table form patch 10 is only the way to fix the problem! Maybe if you don't have saved or modify your Mod with the PFM Editor 1.6.7 than is hope if you use a older PFM Release 1.6.5 to modify or to save!