Thread: Unification of Norway Hotfix

Default Unification of Norway Hotfix

This hotfix is already part of the "Choose your Faction Heir" submod, no need to install if you already got it

Description

savegame compatible - you can use this fix in your current game. I use the 3.06 version of this mod.

Here is a small fix that gives your faction leader the "King of Norway" ancillary (with the proper bonuses) when you possess all Norwegian settlements, like it was intended.
    The bonuses: +5 tax collection, +2 loyalty, +4 authority, +1 dread, +2 command, +2 personal security, +1 troop morale

If you play with Vestfold and if your faction leader is still Haraldr, his epithet will change from "tangledhair" to "fairhair" (with proper bonuses) to reflect the historical saga.
    The bonuses: -1 unrest, +1 local popularity, +1 dread, +3 movement points, +30 looting, +2 attack, +1 defense, +2 troop morale

Note that you need to possess all settlements in Norway to trigger this change, having the received the "King of Norway" event after killing the opposing faction leader is not enough. Conversely, if like me you missed the "King of Norway" event and the unification never took place, it doesn't matter. You can still conquer all settlements and you'll receive the ancillary.

Settlements required to trigger:

Skiringssal (Skiringssalr)
    Skeien (Skídan)
    Oslo (Ásló)
    Borg (Vellulandir)
    Arvika (Tingvalla)
    Hundorp (Akr)
    Nesjar (Ottrunes)
    Avaldsnes (Avaldsnes)
    Gula (Alrekstaðir)
    Kaupangr (Kaupangr)
    Gaular (Gaular)
    Borgund (Borgund)
    Trondheim (Hlaðir)
    Njardey (Njarðøy)
    Tjotta (Tjötta)
    Freyrsey (Freysey)

Installation

Make a copy of both original files just to be sure
    Place both files into \"Your Medieval II folder"\mods\Last_Kingdom\data

Testing

I tested with Vestfold and it works just fine. I didn't test it with Hordaland. Maybe somebody could try and tell me if it works with them. There was something a little odd in the file concerning Hordaland and I think I would know what to change if there was a problem.
    Last edited by Chinaski; October 21, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Default Re: Unification of Norway Hotfix

Great job!! I'm definitely downloading
    +Rep!

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Very nice! Works like a charm! +Rep

As for Hordaland, I am playing it just now and will notify if anything pops up.
    Last edited by khatmar; October 21, 2011 at 02:10 PM.

Domesticus

Is this compatable with the Ui Niell mod?

smoesville's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Is this compatable with the Ui Niell mod?
    No, but with Chinaski's permission i could add it in to the Ui Neill mod.
    Were there but a tree in this godforsaken place i would have hanged myself.

Actually, I am playing with the hotfix plus the Uí Neill and it works fine, although there is a slight problem with horda, that after the unification (playing as horda) the name doesnt change and all there is the new faction symbol and faction leader gets a new ancillary

Have to test it with Vestfold, though

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    Actually, I am playing with the hotfix plus the Uí Neill and it works fine, although there is a slight problem with horda, that after the unification (playing as horda) the name doesnt change and all there is the new faction symbol and faction leader gets a new ancillary

Have to test it with Vestfold, though
    It won't do much but it will mean the king of the ui Neill won't get a crown. In fact i'm pretty sure that's the only thing it'll do

What I meant is : this hotfix works with the Uí Neill submod with no problem so far. Did you mean that the Uí Neill uses the Kalmar Union script as well? Or what exactly?

And as for the one with Horda/Vestfold; is it true that you will get only a new faction symbol plus anc?

Btw, is it not possible to have only one Kalmar script in a campaign?

(Sorry, for these questions, I am sure they are pretty basic)
    Last edited by khatmar; October 26, 2011 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by khatmar View Post
    What I meant is : this hotfix works with the Uí Neill submod with no problem so far. Did you mean that the Uí Neill uses the Kalmar Union script as well? Or what exactly?
    No what i mean is the only adverse thing this submod will do when combined with the Ui Neill submod is make the ancillary of high king for the ui neill not work but that's it.

@Smoesville: sure you can use this mod and add it into Ui Neill, no problem. If your mod makes changes to the two files I uploaded, you'll need to manually add the changes I made in the .txt file.

@Khatmar: all this mod does is to fix the files so your faction leader gets the proper ancillary (and trait if you play Vestfold with Harald). The designers of the Last Kingdom didn't include any other change when you unite Norway. All that is explained in the first post

So does anyone has the files?