Thread: Rome:Total War in Widescreen?

Default Rome:Total War in Widescreen?

It's been a few months since I got a boxed copy of Rome:Total War Gold Edition And everything worked fine with it, except it was slightly too wide.
    Is there a way to fix this?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Rome:Total War in Widescreen?

First of all welcome to TWC.

What do you mean by 'too wide'?

You can either change your resolution in-game through the options menu (it's suggested that you keep the same resolution for the campaign/strategy map as the battle map) or by editing the preferences.txt file (it will be there if you've launched the game once).

Personally, I play R:TW (mods) at 2560x1600 resolution on a Dell 3008WFP (30" screen). and it's OK. Some people consider some of the icons stretched but I put up with that.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

What do you mean by 'too wide'?
    The far edges of the screen are cut off.

Also how do you determine monitor size (Corner to corner, diameter,ect.)?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I believe the screen size is measured from top left corner to bottom right corner.

Each monitor should specify the screen size somewhere in the specification. Also the monitor should have a 'native resolution' and that is what should be used.

The smaller monitor I've used in the past 24" and 27" had a natice resolution of 1920x1200 while my latest monitor (30") has a native resolution of 2560x1600.

What monitor are you trying to use? Are you trying to use a TV?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

trustno1(2)'s Avatar Civis

I had a 29" monitor but upgraded to a 32" Monitor. The same problem the game being to wide occurred with one of my games. I changed the in game screen resolution and it worked. I do not know if this is the solution for you as I just recently acquired Rome TW, but it may work.
    Last edited by trustno1(2); October 21, 2011 at 11:00 AM.