Thread: Re-enactment Videos for you guys...

Default Re-enactment Videos for you guys...

So a few months back I went to the Herstmonceux (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herstmonceux) medieval fair thingy and they had a re-enactment of a (small) battle they had there. I took some videos and thought they might be interesting to some of the geeks out there.

Disclaimer:

I havn't watched these videos for about a month so there may be some profanity (or lack of)

Anyways I hope they are interesting/cool, and sorry for the poor image quality.

In this they had people riding horses trying to hit targets, in the last bit when the rider picks up a spear she tries to poke it through these tiny rings that are dangling from strings.

This was after the re-enactment, all the guys in armour where walking past and I thought it sounded cool so I took a video. I didn't video the re-enactment... they had archers and a humongous cannon firing all the while which was good.

This guy was a Polish re-enacter who was describing how knights in full plate armour would fight with two hands instead of one (with a buckler for defence). Probably the most interesting of the three videos...

Looking forward to Dominion of the Sword
    PSN ID: mynameisowen; add me if you play GT5 or Battlefield.

Default Re: Re-enactment Videos for you guys...

Believe it or not, i have re-enacted there before. Only as an archer... I can't afford all the shinny armor.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

You from Sussex? I was born in Rustington, Littlehampton.

Looks nice, I miss it

Awesome! The archers were pretty cool there, showering their blunt tipped death =P

Just watched some of the videos, I didnt realise the wind noise was so loud, cant hear a thing the guy is saying D:

EDIT: Who? Me or barsteward? I'm not from Sussex but I went there for the medieval fair I'm a landener
    Last edited by mynameisowen; October 20, 2011 at 02:57 PM.

Yeah I'm from Sussex, born in the sunny (or not) town of Eastbourne. Can't say i have ever been to Rustington, there is little reason to go much more west then Brighton unless your going to Portsmouth or down to the west country. That and my reliance on public transport.

Yeah it is a nice area, but whatever you do don't go re-enacting in the rain

Your a Londoner? should be able to go to loads of re-enactment then

This was my first re-enactment visit so I just liked checking out the people in armour. You mentioned how much it costs earlier, how much would a proper set of armour set you back nowadays (I wonder if it more expensive than in medieval times or not, since its a pretty niche market).

Nice videos, Owen. +rep

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Yeah but I'm sure there are plenty of re-enactors that fear a couple of blunt arrows in the face!
    -Yeah Brighton's a decent town, my family is all marines and navy though so they're all over in Pompey and Plymouth if I'm staying with them I occassionally get over to Chich, but there's nothing much to see- pubs aren't amazing either. Try not to stick around in London any longer than I need to. Weird, I lived there a few years and loved it, but hate travelling through these days.

You've been all over! Just out of curiousity, why do you live in Scandinavia at the moment? (Englands cold enough =P).

Isn't it obvious? Hross went to Scandinavia for the women, booze and internet speed!

Yeah a blunt arrow to the gentlemens area is something best avoided, a lot of archers use a buckler for protection.

I'm still a young'en and never lived in London but i don't enjoy traveling thought there.