Thread: Unification of Norway via console?

Default Unification of Norway via console?

Hi there,
    First of all, great mod! Many praises to all the developers

Playing with Hordaland, I conquered all the required settlements, then I destroyed the other Norwegian faction, but there was no event and no new trait to inform me that I was now king of Norway. So my guess is that I killed the enemy faction leader early on, and that I should have killed him only after having conquered the required settlements.

So ... What exactly does the unification does ingame ? Can I just add a "king of Norway" trait via console to my faction leader? Or does that event trigger some other stuff?

Or, could somebody familiar with the scripts tell me where I could edit the requirement for the death of the enemy faction leader?

Thanks a lot!

KIHEV's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Unification of Norway via console?

Same problem
    Keeping an eye on this topic (and hoping for an answer as well).

Thx in advance

Alright, so I started a new campaign with Vestfold instead, and I unified Norway.
    What it does: a few event screens that don't do anything, all settlements and armies of the enemy jarl become yours, your faction sign changes (the thing you see on the shield in the interface), maybe the banner changes as well I don't know.

So, I don't know how to change your faction sign, and the enemy's lands and armies are probably irrelevant since you already destroyed him.

What you can do is to give your leader the "crown of Norway" (it gives a few cool bonuses) via the console with: give_ancillary "Your Faction Leader Name" "Norway_King" 1

This crown ancillary doesn't show up even when you unite Norway properly ingame, but it's present in the files, so I don't know if its a bug or if the ancillary comes from vanilla. But in any case, it's a nice reward for your efforts .

You can also add the trait "King of Norway" with the console typing: give_trait "Your Faction Leader Name" "NorwayHero" 1

And if you are playing with Vestfold, you can change Harald Tangledhair into Harald Fairhair (to follow the saga, he didn't cut his hairs before he became king of Norway) by typing: give_trait "Harald" "HARALD" 3. Then again, I don't understand why that didn't happen ingame, this trait clearly seems to come from this mod. Anyway ...

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinaski View Post
    Alright, so I started a new campaign with Vestfold instead, and I unified Norway.
    What it does: a few event screens that don't do anything, all settlements and armies of the enemy jarl become yours, your faction sign changes (the thing you see on the shield in the interface), maybe the banner changes as well I don't know.

So, I don't know how to change your faction sign, and the enemy's lands and armies are probably irrelevant since you already destroyed him.

What you can do is to give your leader the "crown of Norway" (it gives a few cool bonuses) via the console with: give_ancillary "Your Faction Leader Name" "Norway_King" 1

This crown ancillary doesn't show up even when you unite Norway properly ingame, but it's present in the files, so I don't know if its a bug or if the ancillary comes from vanilla. But in any case, it's a nice reward for your efforts .

You can also add the trait "King of Norway" with the console typing: give_trait "Your Faction Leader Name" "NorwayHero" 1

And if you are playing with Vestfold, you can change Harald Tangledhair into Harald Fairhair (to follow the saga, he didn't cut his hairs before he became king of Norway) by typing: give_trait "Harald" "HARALD" 3. Then again, I don't understand why that didn't happen ingame, this trait clearly seems to come from this mod. Anyway ...
    Yeah the king of Norway ancillary was from the previous version, once you gained every province in Norway you earned that ancillary which changed his name from Tanglehair to Fairhair. Unfortunately, because regions were added to Norway the trait is now broken so it needs to be fixed. Unfortunately i'm not a coder/scripter so idk how to do that.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Yeah the king of Norway ancillary was from the previous version, once you gained every province in Norway you earned that ancillary which changed his name from Tanglehair to Fairhair. Unfortunately, because regions were added to Norway the trait is now broken so it needs to be fixed. Unfortunately i'm not a coder/scripter so idk how to do that.
    Do you know which provinces in Norway were added or removed? Because it looks pretty easy to change, just a modification of one or two .txt files that would be savegame compatible. Here is the script from export_descr_ancillary:

Code:
    Trigger Norway_King1
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
        Condition IsFactionLeader    
              and I_SettlementOwner Skiringssal = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Avaldsnes = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Nesjar = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Hundorp = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Borg = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Arvika = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Gula = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Selja = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Trondheim = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Freyrsey = norway
             and I_SettlementOwner Tjotta = norway      
                  and FactionType norway
            and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists Norway_King

AcquireAncillary Norway_King chance  100
    If we change the settlement names to fit the last modification, it should work. The only problem is to find the right names (because names as their appear ingame aren't necessarily those in the scripts), I'd need to find which text file list the settlement names.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinaski View Post
    Do you know which provinces in Norway were added or removed? Because it looks pretty easy to change, just a modification of one or two .txt files that would be savegame compatible. Here is the script from export_descr_ancillary:

Code:
    Trigger Norway_King1
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
        Condition IsFactionLeader    
              and I_SettlementOwner Skiringssal = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Avaldsnes = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Nesjar = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Hundorp = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Borg = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Arvika = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Gula = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Selja = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Trondheim = norway
              and I_SettlementOwner Freyrsey = norway
             and I_SettlementOwner Tjotta = norway      
                  and FactionType norway
            and not I_WorldwideAncillaryExists Norway_King

AcquireAncillary Norway_King chance  100
    If we change the settlement names to fit the last modification, it should work. The only problem is to find the right names (because names as their appear ingame aren't necessarily those in the scripts), I'd need to find which text file list the settlement names.
    Now it is:

Skiringssal (Skiringssalr)
    Skeien (Skídan)
    Oslo (Ásló)
    Borg (Vellulandir)
    Arvika (Tingvalla)
    Hundorp (Akr)
    Nesjar (Ottrunes)
    Avaldsnes (Avaldsnes)
    Gula (Alrekstaðir)
    Kaupangr (Kaupangr)
    Gaular (Gaular)
    Borgund (Borgund)
    Trondheim (Hlaðir)
    Njardey (Njarðøy)
    Tjotta (Tjötta)
    Freyrsey (Freysey)

I'm assuming the first name is used for scripting purposes while the second name is the name that appears in game.
    Maybe you should make this a submod....

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Thanks for the info Heathen Storm, just what I needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    Maybe you should make this a submod....

Sure why not, here you go!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10492793