Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Princess Pinkie Pie v. Akar v. Twilight Sparkle]~ Equestrian Politics Commentary Thread

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [Princess Pinkie Pie v. Akar v. Twilight Sparkle]~ Equestrian Politics Commentary Thread

It's ing pink cartoon ponies, the type of stuff my brother and I would make fun of my little sister liking when I was a child. There's no need to debate it's legitimacy. It shouldn't exist and should be struck from history. There is 9/11, the Rwandan genocide, the Rape of Nanking, the Holocaust, and then there is My Little Pony.
    Last edited by Lord Rahl; October 24, 2011 at 09:51 PM.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

Tribunus

Default Re: [Princess Pinkie Pie v. Akar v. Twilight Sparkle]~ Equestrian Politics Commentary Thread

I actually contest the inclusion of the Japanese disaster as, unlike the others, it wasn't man-made (although it could be argued that a part of the death and destruction was caused by negligence) and that event has produced almost unbelievable acts of kindness that better the status of the entire human race because they exist.

The rest seem appropriately dire and shameful however.

Content Emeritus

Fixed

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger

Tribunus

Thank you.

Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl View Post
    It's ing pink cartoon ponies, the type of stuff my brother and I would make fun of my little sister liking when I was a child. There's no need to debate it's legitimacy. It shouldn't exist and should be struck from history. There is 9/11, the Rwandan genocide, the Rape of Nanking, the Holocaust, and then there is My Little Pony.
    do you seriously not comprehend how over-the-top you sound? Get a ing grip on yourself, it's a cartoon, not a horrific act on mankind, and in all honesty you marginalize every single person who has suffered from those legitimate acts with your idiotic statement.

Content Emeritus

Do you seriously not comprehend sarcasm? Get a ing grip on purposeful politically incorrect comedy. But seriously, it's still a cartoon with girly ponies. I can see it appealing to little girls, because that's what girly cartoon ponies are marketed to, but not to anyone else. Of course, I bet every non-(little) girl who "likes" My Little Pony does so only because, "It's cool to like something everyone will hate," so it's pretty much just an immaturity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    do you seriously not comprehend how over-the-top you sound? Get a ing grip on yourself, it's a cartoon, not a horrific act on mankind, and in all honesty you marginalize every single person who has suffered from those legitimate acts with your idiotic statement.
    I don't care what it is. It's horrific that it's spread to somewhere where it's not meant. This is a place for creationist-spam and the occasional serious historical or political thread.

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Internet problems. Please delete
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Raritу's Avatar Glück auf!
    Artifex

Do you seriously not comprehend sarcasm? Get a ing grip on purposeful politically incorrect comedy. But seriously, it's still a cartoon with girly ponies. I can see it appealing to little girls, because that's what girly cartoon ponies are marketed to, but not to anyone else. Of course, I bet every non-(little) girl who "likes" My Little Pony does so only because, "It's cool to like something everyone will hate," so it's pretty much just an immaturity thing.
    with all the respects, please don't make such a statement. MLP's main viewers on youtube are around 13-23 years old males. Good MLP videos can have hundred-thousands views and thousands likes. So everybody hates it? I don't think so.

now why did you make such a comparison? Those events and MLP have almost nothing alike, except the fact that they affect many people. Maybe you don't know, but MLP has many valueable lessons, which may help us live better.

In the way i see, you are judging the show by the way it looks.

I used to think like you, that MLP was a girly show for the children. But after i had gave it some tries, i changed my point of view about it. Completely.

I must admit that the show is focus for the little girl children, but that doesn't mean that the male teens/adults shouldn't watch it. In fact, i must say that it's the most relaxable show i've ever watched.

There is no shame and gay for watching MLP. It's a good show and we shouldn't let the falsely arguments prevent us to watch it.

I don't blame you for not like the show, since everyone has their own opinions. But i just don't want you to have wrong ideas about it and spread them around here.

Regards.
    Honored filly of M and happily taking my glance over Milner and Diamat

Darth Red's Avatar It's treason, then

The debate has been closed so this is closed as well.
    Officially Bottled Awesome™ by Justinian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12