Thread: Anyone Doing a space 1889 mod?

Icon6 Anyone Doing a space 1889 mod?

I was wondering if anyone is working on a space 1889 mod for shogun 2. I have been playing around with the ship to ship battles in Shogun 2 and it got me thinking about space 1889 and how I always wished their was a total war mod set in that universe esp now ship combat is doable.

This is a model I did of a British Aphid class mars gun boat.

If anyone is working on a 1889 mod or would like the model I would be more then happy to donate my ship model once I get the rest modeled on it..

Default Re: Anyone Doing a space 1889 mod?

Total conversion mods aren't really possible any more, so this couldn't be properly made, but those models look neat and I'd happily play any attempt at something like this.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

No model converter sadly.

Great looking models though!

Is that in Shogun total war 2 or does that include empire?

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

It includes all TW games sadly

Ive never heard of this game before (space 1889 that is) + rep for turning me on to something cool and making some cool models

What about the warhammer mods for TWM2 that has custom models in their mod.

NSFW's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by barnEbiss View Post
    What about the warhammer mods for TWM2 that has custom models in their mod.
    Yeah, B-Dizl wasn't quite right AFAIK. Total conversions are possible with the old RTW/M2TW engine (plenty of new models in TATW, for example), it's just games based on the Warscape engine (ETW/NTW/S2TW) which have very limited modability (is that even a word? dunno, sure you know what I mean though, eh?)
    Unfortunately, playable naval battles were only introduced with Warscape, before that the only choice was to auto-resolve, which might scupper your 1889 plans, unless you can crowbar your ships into RTW/M2TW's land battle engine (alreadyded did rather a splendid job of introducing dragons into TATW, so it may be possible to work something out if you're willing to go with an older engine.)
    Last edited by NSFW; October 18, 2011 at 08:31 PM.
    "Never argue with an idiot; They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience." -Obake Date

Icon5 Re: Anyone Doing a space 1889 mod?

Is that because the full mod tools have not been released? for empire and shogun total war for importing custom models?

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

You guys are mixing 2 totally different areas of modding, getting new ship models in is not the same as new arty, rifles, character etc...

Thread moved from TWS2 GD forums to TWS2 mod workshop.

Icon6 Re: Anyone Doing a space 1889 mod?

Been experimenting on a colonial troop helmet model just have to do the higher poly one to do the normal map from and then do the texture..